What is it?
• Automatically restore from the silent/vibration mode
• Even though the phone is in silent mode, if there is an urgent call, then the phone will ring
Who needs it?
• Your friend/spouse who never picks up the phone because it is in silent mode!
• People who often forgets to turn back on the ringer after the movie/class/meeting/work
• Moms: Shhh baby is sleeping (Use Urgent Call feature)
• Students: Use Schedule feature to automatically silence the phone when the class starts and restore volume when the class finishes
• Workers: Silence it for work hours or during the meeting
• Sleep lovers: People who doesn't want to be waken up by some frank calls but to turn their ringer on for certain people (Use Whitelist) or emergencies (Use Urgent Call feature)
• Always on Call: doctors, nurses, IT managers, have a family member who is sick
What does it do?
• Before a movie starts, put your phone into silent mode and set 2 hours in SM+. SM+ will restore the volume in 2 hours
• Schedule*?: You can schedule to have your device to go into silent mode automatically at specified time
• Don't Miss Urgent Calls*: When the same number calls 3 times within 5 minutes, the third incoming call will ring with the maximum volume
• Whitelist*: Calls from the important people will ring even if you are in silent/vibration mode
Note: We cannot support 'priority mode' for Lollipop at the moment because it is technically not possible. As soon as Google enhances 'priority mode' feature, we will support it. Thank you.
• VIBRATE: For a better touch experience
• GET_TASKS: to prevent the SM+ dialog from popping up while using certain apps
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: For the scheduler to work after the reboot
• READ_PHONE_STATE: For the 'Don't Miss Urgent Calls' feature (to check if the same number called 3 times within 5 minutes)
• READ_CONTACTS: For the 'Whitelist' feature (to add from the contact list)
* This app can control the volume settings of music, ringtones, notification, calls, alarms and system.
* 3 sound modes: Normal, silent and vibration, you can easily switch among them.
* 2 kinds of main screen widget, easy to change the sound modes.
* Long press on home screen, or press menu and then Add. Tap on Widgets. Select Best Volume Widget. Press Add Widget button.
* To change Volume type press volume label
* To adjust Volume level press plus or minus button
* Alarm - adjust alarm volume
* Alerts - adjust alerts volume
* Media - adjust media volume
* Ringer - adjust ringer volume
* System - adjust system volume
* Call - adjust voice call volume
We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of this application.
When your phone is in Silent Mode, the Auto Responder will send auto SMS text reply to all calls, so you need not have to pick the phone & tell people that you will call back later. The auto SMS reply will also tell them that if its important they can send a SMS text saying URGENT & the app will immediately alert you. This way you will never miss a very important emergency call when your phone is in Silent Mode.
* See the AllAboutAndroid TwitTV review our app https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpsA4eich6c&feature=youtu.be
Several features set this app apart from others in the category. This application was written with security in mind. As such, it requires just a few permissions to read user's contacts, calendar and to send and receive SMS. Most other apps require network permissions, and some need access to SD storage, which allows them to transfer any of the personal data from the phone unnoticed. This app can't do that, so you can rest assured that your personal data is safe.
This app offers a lot more than Do Not Disturb Mode on the iPhone or Samsung’s Blocking Mode:
* It can keep the phone silent during office hours, meetings or calendar appointments, and for the night
* It can keep the phone silent & vibrate all day and go completely silent for the night
* It mutes phone calls and all audible notifications during quiet time, except alarms
* Instant mute timer can be started with just 1 click, unmuted automatically when timer expires
* Day and night time schedule can be programmed separately for each day of the week
* Calendar selection is configurable, and only Busy events are silenced
* Supported calendars include Google calendars, Exchange
* SMS and call exceptions are supported while the phone is silenced (during Trial period)
* You can allow separate whitelist groups of contacts to ring at night and/or during the day
* Enable Emergency mode to let repeated calls from the same number ring
* Use No Exceptions mode to block calls from allowed contacts for the duration of an important meeting
* Use Respond via SMS to let the caller know to call back again if it's urgent
* Optionally disable Bluetooth handsfree during quiet time
* Cancel silent mode when you wake up early or the meeting ends early
* Start muting a few minutes early for meetings on the calendar
This free version of Do Not Disturb app includes no ads. If you like this app, you can support it by buying the premium version. Otherwise the following premium features will expire after 2 weeks:
* Whitelist support
* SMS auto-response
* Calendar selection
* Early cancel & early mute support
Certain Samsung phones have issues with vibrate mode. If your phone doesn't vibrate when you enable vibration in this Do Not Disturb app, change vibration settings in your phone's system settings/sounds menu.
AndroidPit - http://www.androidpit.com/do-not-disturb-blocking-mode
AndroidCentral - http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-week-sorcery-crazy-taxi-imsa-and-more
AllAboutAndroid - http://twit.tv/show/all-about-android/162
Please don't block this app's notifications on your phone, it can cause the app to not work correctly. Also note that if you have a task killer/booster type of app installed on your device, add this Do Not Disturb app to the list of exceptions. Finally, make sure you don't have other apps that manipulate the speaker running at the same time.
It also happens to be one of my first apps.
Keywords: silent, mode, airplane, toggle, sound, no, silence, amazing, switcher, home, screen, widget, ring, vibrate, on/off
All-In-One Toolbox is Free for Download at:
★Where to find Volume Plug-in:
- Install Volume Plug-in
- Open All-In-One Toolbox > Tools > Plug-ins > Volume Plug-in
★Shortcut and widget:
- Open All-In-One Toolbox, Tools-Plugin, long press the icon of Volume Plugin, you are able to create a shortcut to homescreen
Long press the blank area on your home screen-Widget-All-In-One Toolbox Customizable widget-Pick Volume Plugin, then you are able to use it together with other tools from All-In-One Toolbox.
Adjust ringtone, notification, media, alarm, voice call, and system volume easily in one collective way; make the volume management easy and fast.
- Easy and fast adjustment of the volume.
- User friendly interface.
- Free of charge
It is very useful for scenarios where you go to a movie or meeting and forget to turn off your silent mode afterwards.
- Set countdown/end time to disable silent mode.
- Widget to control silent mode and timer.
- Automatically notify or prompt to enable timeout when silent mode is engaged.
- Recent and saved timerd can be recalled easily.
- Nice big and easy to use numbers.
- Configurable timer increment buttons (long press the buttons to set the increment period)
keywords: ringer restore, silent restore, toggle, widget, auto-restore ringer, switch, ring volume, turn off silent mode, unsilence phone, vibrate, schedule, scheduler, volume, genie, shush, sleep timer.
# UI feedback
# Click sounds
Check your state of the notification bar to see whether the silence mode is active ore not.
Simple and effective!
Your device is now absolutely silent!
Attention: This is a WIDGET, and NOT a application
Upcoming: avoiding any changes of the volume until silence mode is shut off.
( Doesn't work for Camera of SGS3)
- simple and easy to use interface
- only 2 touches to start Silent Mode
- widget with customisable Silent Mode duration
- widget for lockscreen
- Android Wear support
Don`t miss calls any more - just set Silent Mode for a given period of time.
When adding Silent Mode widget you can set the desired timeout.
This is Silent Mode Timer, use it to set ringer mode to silent.
Wearable support: enable Notification in options menu and it will be displayed on your Android Wear device. Swipe to the left to set timeout or set normal mode.
Silence O'Clock supports "groups": put your classes in a group, and temporarily disable them all when going on break-- with just a single tap!
The checkbox by the group toggles the entire group; the checkbox by the Period toggles just that period. Even if the periods in a group are checked, if the group is unchecked, none of them will activate!
Go ahead-- cut yourself a slice of silence!
I use this application myself, and want it to be the very best. If you encounter any problems, let me know and I'll do what I can! Please contact me before giving a bad review.
Use Quiet Time during an important business meeting, while at the movie theater, while sitting in class, anytime you do not wish to be disturbed.
Quickly and easily mute your phone using the Quiet Time widget. Volume is automatically restored when the countdown timer expires.
Still need to be interrupted by important calls? Not a problem with Quiet Time. Maintain a list of priority contacts which override muting to ring your phone like normal. Allow your priority contacts to either call or text, the choice is yours.
Please Note: Quiet Time is a WIDGET and must be added to your home screen.
*** Disclaimer: Quiet Time works well for the vast majority of people, however a very small number have reported having problems. Failure to silence the phone and failure of the Priority Contacts to ring through can sometimes occur on certain devices. Please be aware of these limitations when using this widget.
Have you even been awaken in the middle of the night by a wrong number? Have you ever received a text message at 3am trying to sell you something? Do you wish to never again be disturbed at night by your cell phone? If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions then Silent Night is just what you need.
With Silent Night you'll never forget to manually turn down the volume on your phone because it is automatically done for you. Use Silent Night to mute the volume on your cell phone each night and then restore it the next morning.
Still need to be interrupted by important calls? Not a problem with Silent Night. Maintain a list of priority contacts which bypass the automatic silencing feature to ring your phone like normal. Allow your priority contacts to either call or text you, the choice is yours.
*** Disclaimer: Silent Night works well for the vast majority of people, however a very small number have reported having problems. Failure of the Priority Contact override of Silent Mode is the most common problem that sometimes occurs on certain devices. Please be aware of these limitations when using this app.
Setting your quiet time is as simple as a swipe on the screen. Quiet Time can also detect a meeting on your calendar and automatically turn off the ringer for the duration of the event. When the quiet period is over, the application gives a chime and vibrates to alert the user that the phone has reverted to its normal state. These are user controlled settings.
With the latest version of the app user can add quiet zones by searching for locations in the map and whenever the phone enters in that zone, the phone goes on silent and wakes up on exiting.
With Quiet Time you never have to worry about missing a call because you left your phone in mute mode after the end of a meeting or moving out of a quiet zone! After phone wakes up it would show a list of missed calls and an option to snooze for a predefined time in settings.
keywords: silence,quiet, calendar,meeting, location silence, quiet zone,location quiet
If you wish to support my development there is a Work Quietly Donate app that is exactly the same but the money goes to the further development of this and other apps.