* See the AllAboutAndroid TwitTV review our app https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpsA4eich6c&feature=youtu.be
Several features set this app apart from others in the category. This application was written with security in mind. As such, it requires just a few permissions to read user's contacts, calendar and to send and receive SMS. Most other apps require network permissions, and some need access to SD storage, which allows them to transfer any of the personal data from the phone unnoticed. This app can't do that, so you can rest assured that your personal data is safe.
This app offers a lot more than Do Not Disturb Mode on the iPhone or Samsung’s Blocking Mode:
* It can keep the phone silent during office hours, meetings or calendar appointments, and for the night
* It can keep the phone silent & vibrate all day and go completely silent for the night
* It mutes phone calls and all audible notifications during quiet time, except alarms
* Instant mute timer can be started with just 1 click, unmuted automatically when timer expires
* Day and night time schedule can be programmed separately for each day of the week
* Calendar selection is configurable, and only Busy events are silenced
* Supported calendars include Google calendars, Exchange
* SMS and call exceptions are supported while the phone is silenced (during Trial period)
* You can allow separate whitelist groups of contacts to ring at night and/or during the day
* Enable Emergency mode to let repeated calls from the same number ring
* Use No Exceptions mode to block calls from allowed contacts for the duration of an important meeting
* Use Respond via SMS to let the caller know to call back again if it's urgent
* Optionally disable Bluetooth handsfree during quiet time
* Cancel silent mode when you wake up early or the meeting ends early
* Start muting a few minutes early for meetings on the calendar
This free version of Do Not Disturb app includes no ads. If you like this app, you can support it by buying the premium version. Otherwise the following premium features will expire after 2 weeks:
* Whitelist support
* SMS auto-response
* Calendar selection
* Early cancel & early mute support
Certain Samsung phones have issues with vibrate mode. If your phone doesn't vibrate when you enable vibration in this Do Not Disturb app, change vibration settings in your phone's system settings/sounds menu.
AndroidPit - http://www.androidpit.com/do-not-disturb-blocking-mode
AndroidCentral - http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-week-sorcery-crazy-taxi-imsa-and-more
AllAboutAndroid - http://twit.tv/show/all-about-android/162
Please don't block this app's notifications on your phone, it can cause the app to not work correctly. Also note that if you have a task killer/booster type of app installed on your device, add this Do Not Disturb app to the list of exceptions. Finally, make sure you don't have other apps that manipulate the speaker running at the same time.
- simple and easy to use interface
- only 2 touches to start Silent Mode
- widget with customisable Silent Mode duration
- widget for lockscreen
- Android Wear support
Don`t miss calls any more - just set Silent Mode for a given period of time.
When adding Silent Mode widget you can set the desired timeout.
This is Silent Mode Timer, use it to set ringer mode to silent.
Wearable support: enable Notification in options menu and it will be displayed on your Android Wear device. Swipe to the left to set timeout or set normal mode.
This app certainly prevents late night wake ups from noisy notifications.
Have a good sleep~
- Choose to allow incoming call or text from selected contacts.
- Option enables emergency call which is repeatedly called certain times within certain timeout is allowed to ring, even in No Disturb mode.
- Can schedule auto switching No Disturb mode, between day and night.
- Can add exception schedule for going to No Disturb mode within normal mode hours.
- Auto reply by text of missed calls during No Disturb mode.
- Option to receive calls with vibration instead of mute.
*** Translate contributors
German - Sascha Uftring, Michael Lohmar
More contributors needed for other languages.
** Update history
- Weekly schedule brought back
- Ocassionally go to normal mode when it was silent or vibrate
- Patch for potential force close after update
- Starred(favorite)contact option revived
- Additional end time info shown alongside duration.
- Time set method changed to start time, duration pair.
- Bypass contacts changed from starred contacts to direct selection.
- fixed issues with back to sound mode when service terminated by Android.
certain phone number formatting would't allow bypass.
-Separate setting for bypassing phone and sms of favorite contacts
-HD app icon
-On some devices, after user set to vibrate, receiving call would change to normal mode. Now it won't.
Fixed playing ring tone recursively
Blocking auto text reply for certain numbers
You can set prefix of numbers which will not get auto text reply.
Separated by comma for multiple prefixes.
- NFC tag support.
can write two command, toggle no disturb, toggle schedule mode.
when writing tag previous data will be deleted.
turn NFC service on to use it.
No Disturb mode toggle widget.
Indexer in contact list.
While this sounds great, I personally use the a car dock app that has a huge "Exit Car Mode" button on it, and Android puts an item in my notification bar allowing me to disable Car Mode easily.
See my other apps for the infinitely more useful Car Mode Off, and see the web site for ways to use this app.
When your phone is in Silent Mode, the Auto Responder will send auto SMS text reply to all calls, so you need not have to pick the phone & tell people that you will call back later. The auto SMS reply will also tell them that if its important they can send a SMS text saying URGENT & the app will immediately alert you. This way you will never miss a very important emergency call when your phone is in Silent Mode.
It also happens to be one of my first apps.
Keywords: silent, mode, airplane, toggle, sound, no, silence, amazing, switcher, home, screen, widget, ring, vibrate, on/off
* Send list of applications via e-mail
* View QR codes for apps in Details view
* List and sort installed applications
* Get details about an application, including version, path location, size, package details
* Toggle to show Intents! Great for android developers
Please send feedback to email@example.com or use the heart link on the Aboot page. Suggestions welcome!
Also, please rate and review this app.
What is it?
• Automatically restore from the silent/vibration mode
• Even though the phone is in silent mode, if there is an urgent call, then the phone will ring
Who needs it?
• Your friend/spouse who never picks up the phone because it is in silent mode!
• People who often forgets to turn back on the ringer after the movie/class/meeting/work
• Moms: Shhh baby is sleeping (Use Urgent Call feature)
• Students: Use Schedule feature to automatically silence the phone when the class starts and restore volume when the class finishes
• Workers: Silence it for work hours or during the meeting
• Sleep lovers: People who doesn't want to be waken up by some frank calls but to turn their ringer on for certain people (Use Whitelist) or emergencies (Use Urgent Call feature)
• Always on Call: doctors, nurses, IT managers, have a family member who is sick
What does it do?
• Before a movie starts, put your phone into silent mode and set 2 hours in SM+. SM+ will restore the volume in 2 hours
• Schedule*?: You can schedule to have your device to go into silent mode automatically at specified time
• Don't Miss Urgent Calls*: When the same number calls 3 times within 5 minutes, the third incoming call will ring with the maximum volume
• Whitelist*: Calls from the important people will ring even if you are in silent/vibration mode
Note: We cannot support 'priority mode' for Lollipop at the moment because it is technically not possible. As soon as Google enhances 'priority mode' feature, we will support it. Thank you.
• VIBRATE: For a better touch experience
• GET_TASKS: to prevent the SM+ dialog from popping up while using certain apps
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: For the scheduler to work after the reboot
• READ_PHONE_STATE: For the 'Don't Miss Urgent Calls' feature (to check if the same number called 3 times within 5 minutes)
• READ_CONTACTS: For the 'Whitelist' feature (to add from the contact list)
* Long press on home screen, or press menu and then Add. Tap on Widgets. Select Best Volume Widget. Press Add Widget button.
* To change Volume type press volume label
* To adjust Volume level press plus or minus button
* Alarm - adjust alarm volume
* Alerts - adjust alerts volume
* Media - adjust media volume
* Ringer - adjust ringer volume
* System - adjust system volume
* Call - adjust voice call volume
We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of this application.
* This app can control the volume settings of music, ringtones, notification, calls, alarms and system.
* 3 sound modes: Normal, silent and vibration, you can easily switch among them.
* 2 kinds of main screen widget, easy to change the sound modes.
Many times we forget to silence our phone while going for prayers. There are chances that our phone might ring and disturb others causing us embarrassment. This application is a humble attempt to avoid this mistake.
If all of us install this app, then we believe there will be less disturbance in congregational prayer.
If you dont want to silent your phone at particular prayer, you can set the silence duration to 0 minutes for that prayer. The silencer will not silent your phone for that prayer.
If the silencer (at the time of quietening) finds that the phone is already made silent by user before, it does not disturb the volume.
This application also tries to show nearest Masjids from you using Goole Maps. If you dont find YOUR masjid, kindly map the masjid on Google Maps by using the link
Masjid's management can print the QR code and put it near entrance so that others can download the app easily.
Please feel free to provide your suggestions.
My aim as a developer is to design elegant apps for myself, my family and friends. I then make them available for others to use. I minimise permissions, using only those that are actually required to make the app fulfill its specified functions.
- Phone Call notifications -
1. Reads out caller ID (caller name or number) - voice caller ID
2. Custom voice notification message can be played before announcing calls
- Text (SMS,) notifications -
1. Reads out text message sender name (or number)
2. Reads out text message contents (optional)
3. Custom message before reading out SMS
- Email notifications -
1. Reads out newly received GMail email messages (only GMail currently supported)
2. Reads out email sender name & contents(optional)
3. Custom message before reading out email
- Time notification (clock) -
1. Reads out time at specified intervals (every 5, 10 minutes ...every hour)
2. Custom message can be played during each time read out
- General -
1. Option to enable Call/SMS notifications for ALL / CONTACT_ONLY/NON_CONTACTS
2. Silent Night Hours
3. Option to automatically disable notifications while music is played
4. Bluetooth headset support (BETA)
5. Shake to silence option
you can also use this application to make all incoming calls silent without making your phone silent so you can hear sounds of notifications, massages and alarms.
Happens to all of us...
This app will help you to avoid such sitations. When you reduce the phone's volume, you will be presented with a popup where you will be able to pick when the ringer volume should go back up.
That's it. No more missed calls, no more missed notifications - just because of a forgotten press of the "Volume up" key.