Practical Pre-School magazine is packed with early year’s news, features, management guidance, professional development articles and an activities section containing inspirational practical ideas on all areas of learning and development of the EYFS.
Child Care magazine, a distinct and separate magazine within Practical Pre-School, providing essential information for home-based childminders and childcarers and EYFS-related activities for mixed aged groups.
Subscribe now to make sure you receive your current issue as soon as it is published.
*** Please note that you need to have access to a current Tapestry subscription in order to use this app ***
The app enables secure viewing and uploading of observations to the Tapestry web service. Each observation or page can include notes, photographs and EYFS assessments, leuven scale, characteristics of learning and videos. Observations can be uploaded in one single process that makes a new entry immediately available or, optionally, hidden until the manager has approved them.
Tapestry Mobile automatically locks the app whenever you close it; but you'll be able to log back in quickly using a pin.
It does not provide full access to the features of Tapestry. To find out more about Tapestry please go to http://eyfs.info/Tapestry/
Also includes Welsh Foundation Phase, Scotland and Australia EYLF.
Please let us know of any compatibility issues with your Android device!!! We will endeavor to get it working for you.
- Capture observations with photos, audio or just text only
- Record Next Steps for the entire class or by pupil
- Support for small Android devices up to 10.1 inch tablets
- Assess observations against the Scottish Curriculum For Excellence or EYFS featuring the Early Learning Goals
- Single or bulk assess children's observations
- Take observation recording outside the classroom and synchronise when in range of your wireless network
- Filter observations in a number of different ways to help you organise your data capture
Lessen the homework battles with this easy to use, fun app. Since it's creation, our children are now eager to practice their 'Sight Words' on daddy's phone at any time!
This is the free version, which contains 20 words. If you like it, please consider purchasing the full version, which includes all 100 words.
* 20 words split into 2 easily digestible groups.
* Ability to change text and background colours for SEN children.
* Each word is fully voiced, which is easily turned off or on.
* Each set of words are presented in a random manner to prevent 'parrot fashion' memory reading.
* Passive and interactive learning modes.
Recommended for children who have completed the first 100 words and want to get further ahead.
This is the free version, which contains 20 words. If you like it, please consider purchasing the full version, which includes 100 words.
- 20 words split into 2 easily digestible groups.
- Ability to change text and background colours for SEN children.
- Each word is fully voiced, which is easily turned off or on.
- Each set of words are presented in a random manner to prevent 'parrot fashion' memory reading.
- Passive and interactive learning modes.
More from developer
We are currently working our way around the globe collecting school holiday date so if you can see it on http://myschoolholidays.com you'll be able to use the MSH Widget.
The MSH Widget takes up a 4x1 space on any screen.
How to use:
Step 1) Download App here.
Step 2) Launch App on your Android device.
Step 3) Type in your School Name and select it from list then press save.
Step 4) Press and hold your finger on your desktop, select Widgets.
Step 5) Select My School Holidays from the list of available widgets and click OK.
Step 6) Place the Widget wherever you want on your screen.
Step 7) The widget auto updates from MySchoolHolidays.com so you can sit back and watch the countdown to the holidays!
You can even tap the widget to go to the My School Holidays website and see all the holidays for the year.
Help Us, Help You:
With update 1.4 My School Holidays Widget now has the ability for users to send feedback directly to us the developers.
Feedback will contain basic debug information and allow us to contact you directly via email should you experience any problems with the widget.
We aim to respond to feedback within 48 hours and are dedicated to resolving any and all issues you may be experiencing.
You can even send us feedback with suggestions on how to improve our app, we take pride in listening to our users and will help you out wherever we can.
We will NEVER release any of the information gathered through feedback to third parties.
To send us feedback simply press the ? icon when you open the app and follow the on screen instructions. Alternatively you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and pupils can then view their work and grades online.
Using classdroid many schools have managed to increase their web presence and keep their school website/blog up to date.
Please note that although Classdroid is designed to work with WordPress based blogs/sites only PrimaryBlogger blogs are fully supported.