This application provides you with a practical understanding of the methods and techniques essential for operational functions, systems, and processes.
This course covers the benefits and structures of several specific operations management techniques both academically and via real-world examples. These techniques include
- total quality management (TQM)
- business process reengineering (BPR)
- supply chain management (SCM), as well as agile technology and modularity among others.
This app includes
- full MBA level course text and study materials
- examples and illustrations
- practical applications and procedures
- exhibits, graphs, diagrams, and more.
Applied Operations Management is developed by the market leader INTERSOG based on the work and in tight collaboration with Professor and bestselling author Dr. Jae K. Shim.
Dr. Shim received his M.B.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California at Berkeley (Haas School of Business).
Prof. Shim has been a consultant to commercial and nonprofit organizations over 35 years and has been published by CCH, Wiley, McGraw-Hill, Barron's, Thomson-Reuters, Prentice-Hall, Penguin, American Management Association (Amacom), and the AICPA.
● What Is Production / Operations Management?
● Tools for Decision Making
● Demand Management and Forecasting
● Process Selection and Capacity Planning
● Facility Location Planning
● Design of Work Systems
● Facilities Positioning
● Production Planning Systems: Aggregate Planning and Master Production Scheduling
● Independent Demand Inventory Systems
● Material Requirement Planning and Just-In-Time Systems
● Planning and Controlling Projects
● Analysis of Waiting Lines and Queuing
● Quality Control and Continuous Improvement
● Complete course texts
● Interactive flashcards for subject review
● Comprehensive chapter-level tests
● Explanations of right and wrong answers
Application does not require Internet connection to operate.