Accessible Dictionary is a production of YPSA ICT and Resource Center on Disability (IRCD) which is funded and technically supported by Access to Information Program (a2i), Information and Communication Technology Division (ICT), Bangladesh.
Accessible Dictionary is prepared for all types of people and that is user friendly and understandable through printable or digital media. All people can easily access the dictionary for the fulfillment of their purposes including print disabled persons. So, the term accessible dictionary has been mainly used for easy access to Persons with Disabilities inclusively for print disable persons to enter or use smoothly for their usability and learning.
YPSA is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities. Considering the situation, with the support of Service Innovation Fund of a2i, YPSA is working in a project to convert three Bangla Academy Dictionaries into accessible format as Bengali to English, English to Bengali, Bengali to Bengali, which will be available in online and offline both for all student including persons with visual and print disability, learning disability and information disadvantaged groups.
The Accessible Dictionary and reading materials are accessible for all. It is cost effective, less time consuming and universally designed so that all can have an easy access to these accessible dictionary and reading materials all over the country.
1) The application can be downloaded from Google Playstore and used in offline mode.
2) Word searching available in four modes: Bangla to Bangla, Bangla to English, English to Bangla and English to English.
3) Auto-suggestion of words while searching.
4) Alphabetically sorted.
5) Words are grammatically categorized.
6) Examples are included to explain the words easily.
7) Suitable for persons with disabilities specially for the visually impaired persons.
8) The dictionary has been developed following Bangla Academy Dictionary.
9) It can be accessed online: www.accessibledictionary.gov.bd