- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro features!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Known issues :
- When Screen Dimmer is on, you can't install apps manually or allow root access with SuperSu, please disable Screen Dimmer when doing so.
- Disabling key's backlights doesn't work on most Samsung devices.
• Tasker support:
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
Lower screen light.
Simple, Intuitive, Useful.
Quickly control in notification.
Automatically dim and brighten as environment.
One click icon to switch dim and bright.
Auto launch at the specific time.
Support color filter.
Keywords : Dimmer, brightness, screen light, night mode.
WRITE_SETTINGS: change system brightness
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: make screen darker
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: auto launch after reboot (only works in time mode)
GET_TASKS: exclude specify app from auto launch (only works in auto mode)
Support Tasker: receive broadcast with these actions to control Dimmer
e.g. Add Tasker command: Action Category → Misc → Send Intent → Action
Dimmer Develop Group http://goo.gl/03dsL1
Help refine and translate into your language.
Welcome to contribute Dimmer open source project.
Apk installation failed: Android disable the installation whenever any app with permission SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW is active.
Some devices are not support disable physical button backlight.
Dimmer is a simple tool that puts a black filter on top of all apps so that the amount of light emitted by your display is even lower than it would be with only lowest brightness settings.
Dimmer also includes "Timed mode" that allows you to set the times when you want the filter to be applied and removed so that you do not need to start Dimmer manually every night. If the filtering level seems too high or too low, you can simply adjust it in your notifications where you can also disable it completely.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
If you have problems with ad window int ICS - it's a bug in Launcher/Play/Market:
1. remove auto created shortcut from desktop
2. launch the BrightnessLevel from apps list
3. if you still can see ad window, press back until you get to desktop
4. try to run BrightnessLevel from apps list again, it should disappear.
I hope, Google can fix this bug soon!
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
- easy use;
- can automatically set default brightness settings in Android to the minimum;
- restore default brightness settings after stop the app;
- keep the screen on while the app is running;
- supports dimming the transparent navigation bar in Android 4.4 and higher;
Ever wake up in the middle of the night to check your phone, only to be blinded by the light? Your phone is on the lowest brightness setting but it still burns your eyes? Never have that happen again!
Super Dimmer not only dims your phone lower than the manufacturer or other third-party apps allow you to, but it also turns off the hardware buttons' backlight, and automatically turns itself on at night and off in the morning! It is also highly configurable - change the dimness level, when to turn on, when to turn off, etc.
You can also launch the application whenever you want, even if it is not night time. Worried about being obnoxious at a movie theater? No problem! Just launch this app, set it to manual mode by checking the "Ignore Power Toggle" button, and never feel self conscious again.
Due to popular request, I've reverted the app to allow for a clearable notification, this time with a setting. (notification can be completley hid in PRO version). However, due to the way Android works, checking this setting will lead to unstable behavior. It is NOT recommended. To avoid bright flashes, leave this setting as-is, with the non-clearable notification.
It has also been shown to save battery on certain devices (most Samsungs, Moto RAZR / RAZR MAXX, Nexus, and most Nokias)
Don't forget to add Super Dimmer to your exception list if you use a task killer!
On first launch, hit the menu button and configure the settings to your liking. Hit "Apply Settings" when happy. If it is not within the time you set for the app to turn on, toggle the power to turn it off. Or, buy the Pro version which has a notification icon with the ability to toggle the dimmer on and off :P. Note: Turning on the screen sets the dimness according to the time of day, if "Ignore Power Toggle" is unchecked (OFF by default). If it is checked, dimmer only turns on manually.
This app is completely free, and ad-free. I make absolutely no money off this. If you enjoy this app, please purchase my $1 theme found here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dberm22.theme
Be careful! If you set the brightness too low, don't tap OK. Simply use the back button to discard your changes.
If you do set the brightness too low, press your device's power button rapidly until the default brightness is restored.
WellBrightness a brightness tuning tool. With WellBrightness you can
* Change brightness quickly
* Set a comfortable brightness by screen filter in very dark environment
* The Auto option is orignal system's auto backlight setting.
No complex functions , Not much options...
keyword: brightness, screen filter, dim, dark, back light
(1) Screen brightness adjustment.
(2) Add a filter on the screen (you can adjust the brightness even lower)
Of course, you can also set [Automatic brightness] plus matte, so you can automatically adjust depending on the system, and darker.
Keywords: brightness adjustment, brightness, adjust, filter, mask, screen,bluelight, night, simple, glare, light,eye
Use it to fool your friends, save your battery, give the illusion that your device is broken or simply if you would like to look at a black screen.
This app does exactly what it says!
How can this app benefit to me?
If you are like us, we are using a device with AMOLED screen, and we know that AMOLED screen suffer from burn in and will take a lot of battery when displaying colorful stuff, that's sad, isn't it? especially if you only want to standby waiting for whatsapp message. Isn't it great if there is an app to prevent that from happening?
I've seen a lot of similar apps...
Maybe you have seen similar apps, but here is why you should choose Blank Screen:
- On a device with AMOLED screen, Blank Screen prevent screen burn in and also save lots of battery.
- Blank Screen prevent the device to lock itself.
- Blank Screen is simple to use, we offer simplicity, because 90% of smartphone user like apps that easy to use, and we believe you like it too.
- It is free, everyone love free stuff, right? but just because it's free doesn't mean it's bad, Blank Screen is well designed, we are making it with love :)
- There is still some light on AMOLED device even if the screen is all black (you can see that on a very dark room), we can do nothing about it.
Is my lovely phone compatible with this app?
- Blank Screen is compatible from the old android 2.2 devices (such as Galaxy Mini) to the newest 4.4.x kitkat, so don't worry. We already tested it. :)
But my internal memory is full....
- Blank Screen will always install on sdcard, don't worry :)
We are going to actively listen to your suggestion, and trying to answer your question as good as we can. You feedback is appreciated :)
Please donate if you find this app useful, I am not going to put ads in this app. (it is no longer blank screen if there is ads, lol)
This app is meant to show people blank screen while preventing the device to lock itself, we are not responsible for whatever the user intents to use the app. lol.
Donations welcome by purchasing 'Cleaner Pro'
Thx to DipeshB for the idea.
Touch again to restore brightness.
This app shows one Bro Code Rule a day for your enjoyment.
I hope you like it !
It does not delete your music files, just the database reference to it.
This should help with duplicates.
Credit to Bill Sinclair for the idea.
See related: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847586
So I wrote this quick app, to be an automatic soundboard which just loops droid sounds over and over.
It's really quite annoying.
No copyright infringement was intended, just a fan app.
It also tells you if that device is enabled, a feature no other NFC tester app on the market has!
I bought a ton of NFC tags to test the apps I am writing. I'm really appreciate it if you guys bought one.
Additionally, be sure to look for my new app NFC Robot Task Assistant! I'm releasing it soon, and it's going to change everything.
I got NFC working on my Samsung Galaxy SGH-i727 Skyrocket!
See the post here if you have one of these phones:
Update: I also got NFC working when the screen is off:
I do this whenever I see duplicates in the music list, or when I manually add and media to the device over USB.
It works with the newer phones including 4.0 ICS/Ice Cream Sandwich and 4.1 JB/Jelly bean, and now 4.2.
To test the media scanner or to clean out the media cache:
Go to settings.
Click All Applications tab.
Click Media Storage.
Click Clear Data.
Now run Force Media Scanner and click the Scan button.
It will take a long time the first time you do this, as it has to read and process each video, and music file on the device.
Afterwards, runs will be much faster, and it's just updating the media store.
It's new, so if you have any issues, please email me.
Fast Charger, Normal Charger, or USB charger,
and how many milliamps are being delivered.
This helps me determine which charger in my house is the fastest, and helps me evaluate how good each charger is.
Currently it is known working on the Samsung Galaxy S2.
It DOES NOT work on the Samsung Galaxy S3.
If you know how to measure battery charging milliampres, please help on the forum topic:
Jim Rohn is a motivational speaker who has changed my life.
His quotes stop me in my tracks. Simple and powerful, these words shed brave insight into a scary world.
Each day, a new quote is shown. He tends to be understated, so it helps to have time to think about each quote.
Jim Rohn was by his own admission a poor boy raised in obscurity. A native to a small town farming community, he found wisdom with J. Earl Shoaff, who explained life and philosophy in terms of farming and growing.
Jim Rohn and his lot such as Dennis Waitley were some of the most famous believers of The Secret or visualization of the 1900-2000s. He did ground it in reality, however, as he advocated working towards your goals. It wasn't enough, he said, to dream and design your future. You had to stride towards it. The world will meet you halfway, and friends and acquaintances will work to help you when you deserve it.
He was the famous mentor to Tony Robbins. And now, looking back, you can see Jim Rohn's philosophy echo through Tony Robbins. Tony is the Why Guy... who works from what people's motivation is. Jim used to say, When the why gets clear and powerful, the how becomes easy.
Don't forget to check out my other apps, including a J. Earl Shoff quote a day!
It's intended for use with Slush's BitcoinCZ Mining Website at https://mining.bitcoin.cz.
You must have your API Key in order to use it. I recommend copy and pasting it, because it's easier.. open the bitcoin.cz webpage and copy the api key and then launch this app.
It shows key statistics as provided, including support for up to four workers showing Score, Hashrate and Shares for each.
It also shows the estimated reward, unconfirmed reward, and confirmed reward in Bitcoin fragments.
New: Added total reward by request.
This app not written by Slush.
In simple, easy to understand terms, the author explains how testosterone works in the body, where testosterone comes from, what it does, and how to get more of it.
It's simple. It's easy. And it's free.
It also explains how to minimize estrogen.
It displays Astronomical Twilight, Nautical Twilight, Civil Twilight, the actual Sunrise and Sunset times.
Great for running, jogging, bird watching, fishing and/or hunting, astronomy, photography, outdoor activities, and much more!
I found that I wanted to know what time twilight would start every morning so I could go for a run just as the sun rose.
It uses Location Services to determine the GPS coordinates and network services to offload the math.
Thank you for reading!
This should be used alongside Seeder or in conjunction with your own performance testing.
There is currently some discussion the loading apps requires there to be random numbers available.
I got the idea after reading over this forum post:
I read up about random entropy seeding and I'm using the following values:
Do not randomize address spaces: Performance Gain at loss of security?
busybox sysctl -w kernel.randomize_va_space=0
Minimum number to write random numbers: (Goal is 4096, so this is 25%.) Observed value 133 at beginning.
sysctl -w kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold=1024
sysctl -w kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold=4096
Minimum number to read random numbers: // gives it more time to read?
sysctl -w kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold=512
Also interesting: I took a bunch of screenshots for this app release, and the number dipped down quite a bit..
Search simply and view results easily with the most common appearing first in the list.
Stanford recently did a statistical analysis of the FDA drug adverse reaction and side effect database. They published their results and made them available to the public.
However, the mountains of data they published led to a mountain of results.
A simple interface for searching them was required.
After reading an article from the Stanford team on Slashdot, I decided Android was the perfect interface for this.
Added a letter chooser to make searching faster.
My sincere thanks to Nicholas Tatonetti at Stanford for making this possible.
Removed AdMob and AirPush Ads. I hate them. I really hate them. This app is smaller, faster and better than ever before.
If you like this app, please check out my other apps!
Please give it +1!
It may not be a complete list, however, every effort is made to make sure it's complete.
I made this app one day after realizing one didn't exist on the Android Market.
Always seek a professional opinion. You only have the two half brains.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the any app/site including this one! If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided here is solely at your own risk. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Site. The Site and the Content are provided on an \"as is\" basis.
This should help with duplicates.
Credit to Bill Sinclair for the idea.
See related: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847586
Of course now that I've seen this post, now I have to write another app to scan for empty _data tags.