The City of Overland Park traces its roots back to 1905 with the arrival of its founder William B. Strang Jr., who platted subdivisions along a military roadway. Strang envisioned a "park-like" community that was self-sustaining and well planned. He also sought strong commerce, quality education, vibrant neighborhoods, convenient transportation and accommodating recreational facilities. Strang named one of his subdivisions "Overland Park."
More than a century later, Downtown Overland Park's charming past and small town flavor have grown into a modern and vast array of nearly 300 locally owned and operated businesses. Located on either side of Metcalf between 78th and 83rd streets in the heart of Overland Park, Downtown Overland Park is an integral part of our community's heritage. The area is known as a strong community, focused on great food, the arts, and friendly local businesses lining the walkable streets and close-knit buildings.
This is the OFFICIAL app for Downtown Overland Park, Kansas.
- Opt-in to push notifications for instant info, breaking news, and special announcements about all the great things happening in Downtown Overland Park.
- View full the full listing of local restaurants, bars, stores, hotels, services, entertainment and art options, and more.
- Keep tabs on all the great things coming to Downtown Overland Park via our up-to-date events calendar.
- Parking info? Frequently asked questions? We have the latest and greatest info you'll need to make your visit or stay easy.
- Don't forget to make a memory or two using our camera. Snap a pic, add a Downtown Overland Park-themed badge or frame, and share it via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- And much more!
For more info about Downtown Overland Park, visit DowntownOP.org.