After the grand success of Smart India Hackathon 2017 held in April 2017, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovation Center (i4c), and Persistent Systems is proud to propose the 2nd edition of this initiative - Smart India Hackathon 2018. Till date, 45+ union ministries and departments and 18 state governments have already joined this grand initiative, making it much bigger than the previous edition.
Smart India Hackathon 2018 is a non-stop digital product development competition, where problems are posed to technology students for innovative solutions. It:
· Harnesses creativity & expertise of students
· Sparks institute-level hackathons
· Builds funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign
· Crowdsource solutions for improving governance and quality of life
· Provide opportunity to citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems
Smart India Hackathon 2018 is being organized and will have 2 sub-editions – Software as well as Hardware:
· Software Edition will be 36 hour software product development competition, similar in concept to Smart India Hackathon 2017
· The new Hardware Edition will be a hackathon where teams will be work for 5 straight days and build their hardware solutions. This competition would be limited to only 5 nodal centers with 20-25 teams each.