The application allows remote real-time ticket managing, ensuring a quick response time and user flexibility.
DS Helpdesk is an access interface App not build by otrs.com team and we don't want to take any credit for their work.
In order for the DS Helpdesk App to comunicate with the OTRS Help-Desk, it requires that the OTRS has the iPhoneHandle package (http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/packages/iPhoneHandle-1.0.1.opm) installed.
DS Helpdesk requires an OTRS 3.x version and the corresponding iPhoneHandle 1.0.
Also, an Android device with a 2.1 version or higher is required, along with a high speed internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
Multiple Account Management
- allows information storage regarding one/more OTRS account(s) and/or system(s)
- provides easy intuitive account switching, assuring multi-account management facility
- displays tickets using different view types: "Queue View", "Status View", "Escalation View"
- allows ticket handling customization, according to users' necessities
- displays user's tickets grouped by the following criteria: watched, locked and responsible
- allows users to create new tickets
- provides personalized ticket management, moving a ticket to any different Queue, changing the tickets' owner or closing any specific ticket
- provides the facility of creating new notes, replying to customers using email services, giving the user easy and flexible ways to handle customers requests, thus improving service delivery.
Please note that for using all DS Helpdesk features in OTRS 3.1.1 or new you need to remove some default limitation. To do that please ask your OTRS administrator to go on:
Admin -> SysConfig -> Select iPhone -> Click on API, remove any values from fields( ex. (MoveList|MoveTicket) on iPhone::API::Object###TicketObject field) and click Update
More from developer
* Notifications of new assigned tickets
* OTRS views: queue, status, escalation, locked, watched, responsible
* All essential ticket operations: displaying, creating, responding, leaving note, moving and closing.
The app requires OTRS server with iPhoneHandle package installed. It has been tested with OTRS 3 / iPhoneHandle 1.0.1, but probably will work with other versions too. Please see http://www.otrs.org and http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/packages/ for details.
The app supports SSL, however it requires server certificate to be signed by a certificate authority, whether it is commercial or private. In the latter case CA certificate have to be installed on the device. Self-signed SSL certificates are unsupported as they are not able to provide secure connection due to inability to check identity of server. Plain HTTP connection may be used as a workaround in this case. Please read https://gist.github.com/1552664 for technical details.
Certain features are planned to be added to the app in following months:
* support of multiple accounts;
* search in queries and views;
* improved interface for tablet devices.