Shush automatically quiets down your device while you are using it. When the screen is unlocked, silent mode is activated. When the screen is turned off, the last non-silent setting is restored. Note this only affects notifications, not music, games or alarms.
The idea is that when you are using your device, you will see notifications in the top pull-down menu anyway, so it isn't necessary to also play the sound and/or vibrate. It is especially useful if you are receiving many IMs while you are doing something else.
An optional in-app purchase unlocks the ability to restore the non-silent setting while any installed app you choose is active. This can be useful for example if you would like to still hear notifications while playing a full-screen game.
This app requires the following permissions:
- Read Phone State/Identity: This is so that the ringer is not silenced when the phone is unlocked due to an incoming call. This permission enables Shush to tell if the phone is ringing or not (that is all it does with this permission).
- Run At Startup: This is to allow Shush to be active right after a restart. This way you don't have to open the app first.
- Retrieve Running Apps: This is necessary to allow Shush to restore the non-silent setting during a particular app.
Switches from normal to silent/mute just by clicking the app icons.
From silent/mute to vibrate again just by clicking the app icon. And finally from vibrate to normal just by... ;)
If your device has no vibrator, this app simply toggles between normal and silent/mute.
!!! Your current sound profile can be seen in the title bar!!!
Ad-free, does not need any §$"§$% permissions
Put application shortcut on wallpaper to quick switch MUTE ON/OFF.
If you like it, please donate this app on:
States of the app:
Icon with bright Mute on (Mute is on)
Icon with bright Mute off (Mute is off)
How to add widget "Mute OnOff Toggle Widget" onto your phone's screen:
1. Go to your Home Screen.
2. Long click on empty space on Home Screen.
3. Select "Widgets" from the list.
4. Find widget "Mute OnOff Toggle Widget".
You have an idea on how to improve "Mute OnOff Toggle Widget", add a comment below.
Unmute all of the volume controls back in one single shot. Volume settings can be adjust one at a time or all volume settings can be muted and unmuted in one single shot using Mute All and Unmute All button.
Volume settings that are controlled include Alarm Volume, Music Volume, Notification Volume, Ringer Volume, System volume, Voice Volume.
All the sound controls are controlled. You can mute and unmute all sound controls. The settings of volume are much easier to change using this application.
Awesome way to set and reset volumes when entering a Meeting and coming out Meeting. Best Meeting companion.
Silence All the Volume controls in one click.
** Unfortunately due to a complete change in how silent mode works in Android 5.0 Lollipop, as well as other framework changes which causes Silence to crash, this version of Silence is only compatible with Android versions up to and including Android 4.4 KitKat. We will be releasing an all-new version of Silence for Lollipop once we get our hands on it. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for all of your continued support. **
With this app, never again will you have to worry about silencing your phone during that important meeting, or even missing calls and texts later in the day because you forgot to turn the volume back up. Simply put in your schedule, choose your toggles, and forget about it. Let us do all the work for you.
- Simple, intuitive Holo-themed interface
- Schedule events that occur once, or repeat on certain days of the week
- ...or, use your events from the calendar on your device*!
- Change your ringer, notifications**, media, or alarm volumes over scheduled intervals
- Turn Wi-fi, Bluetooth, mobile data***, and airplane mode**** on and off
- Change your settings back automatically when the scheduled event ends
The permissions requested are required to be able to change the state of your phone automatically. The ad-supported, free version of Silence uses internet permissions only to display advertisements. We do not collect any data from you.
Feel free to contact us with any suggestions, concerns, or feedback! If one of the toggles isn't working for you, please send us an email with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
* Calendar support only in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. We are working on support for older devices!
** Notification volume and ringer volume are combined in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. If you are running a custom ROM which splits them back into separate volumes, check the appropriate option in the settings menu to set each volume separately.
*** Mobile data toggling is only supported on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and up. This toggle is in BETA so unfortunately does not support the "change back" option for now. If you find this toggle does not work on your device, please email us with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
*** Airplane mode is not supported in Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean r2) and up.
Things to look forward to:
- The ability to select "all events," "busy/available" events, or events with certain keywords on specific calendars
- The ability to create preset toggle profiles
- The ability to "whitelist" certain contacts, so that their calls always come through no matter what the phone is set to
- A homescreen widget which allows for quick activation of a preset profile
- An option for 24-hour format
- Other suggestions from our users!
** Unfortunately, we cannot support GPS toggling on any Android version nor airplane mode on 4.2+. Access to these settings are restricted to system apps, even when rooted. **
tags: silence, ringer, notification, notifications, alarm, media, music, game, volume, silent, vibrate, mode, blue, tooth, bluetooth, wi, fi, wi-fi, wifi, airplane, data, mobile, 4g, 3g, 2g, automatic, automatically, google, calendar, interval, time, schedule, scheduler, scheduled, toggle, setting, settings, time, silencer
So music or video apps and games can still play music, even when the device should be muted.
"Media-Mute" automatically detects when you enter silent/priority mode and then sets the volume of the "music" audio stream to 0, muting even media apps and most games. When leaving silent/priority mode, the app restores your old volume.
Additionally, you can always overwrite the set volume by just increasing the volume with your hardware volume buttons while a video is playing.
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/Media-Priority-Mode
Several features set this app apart from others in the category. This application was written with security in mind. As such, it requires just a few permissions to read user's contacts, calendar and to send and receive SMS. Most other apps require network permissions, and some need access to SD storage, which allows them to transfer any of the personal data from the phone unnoticed. This app can't do that, so you can rest assured that your personal data is safe.
This app offers a lot more than Do Not Disturb Mode on the iPhone or Samsung’s Blocking Mode:
* It can silence the phone for the night and/or during office hour, meetings or calendar appointments
* Instant silent mode timer can be started with just 1 click,
* Instant timer can also be activated via the widget by the volume bar
* It can keep the phone on silent + vibrate all day and go completely silent for the night
* It mutes phone calls and all audible notifications during quiet time, except alarms
* Day and night time schedule can be programmed separately for each day of the week
* Calendar selection is configurable, and only Busy events are muted
* Supported calendars include Google calendars, Exchange & Touchdown
* SMS and call exceptions are supported while the phone is muted
* You can allow separate groups of contacts to ring at night and/or during the day
* Enable Emergency mode to let repeated calls from the same number ring
* Use No Exceptions mode to block calls from allowed contacts for the duration of an important meeting
* Use Respond via SMS to let the caller know to call back again if it's urgent
* Optionally disable Bluetooth handsfree during quiet time
* Cancel mute when you wake up early or the meeting ends early
Certain Samsung phones have issues with vibrate mode. If your phone doesn't vibrate when you enable vibration in this Do Not Disturb app, change vibration settings in your phone's system settings/sounds menu.
Please don't block this app's notifications on your phone, it can cause the app to not work correctly. Also note that if you have a task killer/booster type of app installed on your device, add this Do Not Disturb app to the list of exceptions. Finally, make sure you don't have other apps that manipulate the speaker running at the same time.
AndroidCentral - http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-week-sorcery-crazy-taxi-imsa-and-more
AndroidPit - http://www.androidpit.com/do-not-disturb-blocking-mode
TwitTv - http://twit.tv/show/all-about-android/162
This app was previously called Silence Scheduler Premium.
- lock ringtone/notification volume at current level
- disable ringtone/notification volume and avoid accidental volume changes
- unmute ringtone on incoming calls, so you won't miss any important calls
-- These incoming calls are supported:
-- all incoming calls
-- incoming calls from numbers in your contacts
-- incoming calls from numbers not in your contacts
-- incoming calls with blocked number
-- incoming calls from defined numbers. You can manage the numbers in the app.
Widget to enable Volume Lock and Widget to enable unmute on incoming calls are available
Read phone state: To detect incoming calls for the unmute feature
Read contacts: To check the phone number on incoming calls (contacts from phonebook feature) and to manage the numbers in the app.
No Internet permissions required, so your data will never leave your phone!
- Available languages:
-- Italian (by Stefano Meroni)
-- polish (by Romuald Jackowski)
-- Svenska (by Göran Helsingborg)
-- Spanish (by DigiGato)
-- French (by Ozzii)
-- Serbian (by Ozzii)
-- Portuguese (by Bruno Xavier Lopo de Souza)
-- Bulgarian (by Stefan Stefanov)
-- Persian (by Mohsen Mirhoseini)
-- traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese (by Denny Su)
-- Turkish (by Canan Özen)
-- Russian (by Oleg Barbos)
-- Croatian (by Marijan Smetko)
Write me an e-mail: email@example.com
You won't be disturbed at night due to a notification or a phone call any more !
(The application does not change the volume of your alarm.)
- 2 options: Phone call, Notifications & SMS
- Mode Week-End
- Launch in the starting up
This application was tested on :
- HTC Desire HD with Android 2.3.5
- Wiko Cink Peax
- Nexus 7 with Android KitKat (4.4)
- Nexus 5 with Android KitKat (4.4)
- Lenovo IdeaTab A10-70 with Android JellyBean (4.2)
If you find any bug or if you have ideas for improvements, please contact me.
MutePhone website: http://www.progmatique.fr/freewares/freeware-8-MutePhone.html
When you forget to set your phone into silent mode…
・A sudden call on a meeting
・A sudden call when surfing Web on bus
・A sudden call in a library, hospital or some quiet places
・You want to stop the phone ring of an unwanted call.
…in such situations, you can simply flip your phone to make it mute.
It is a handy and useful app.
It has a shortcut, by which you can switch ON/OFF simply.
Mute the ringing tone: when your phone is ringing, you can simply turn it over to make the device silent, no matter the phone is facing or backing to you.
Automatic recovery: Original setting will be recovered as soon as this call is over; ringing tone will appear again for the next calling
**Android 5.0 Lollipop is mostly fixed. I have no way to set the priority, so this is the best it gets for now.
This is designed to match my Simple Call Forwarding widget as well as the Signals Widget.
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
HOW TO ADD: Long-press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Silent Mode Widget.
Are you tired of waking up in the middle of the night because you got a new text message or phone call?
Silent Hours will mute the audio on your device every day during the periods you set.
Additional options for when sound is muted:
- Mute games, music etc.
- Enable vibration
- Lock the volume to muted, to avoid accidental changes
- Lower brightness to desired level (saves previous level)
- Disable the notification light
- Unmute the sound on incoming call. The sound will be muted again when the call is ended
You can also choose to mute games and music, as well as to enable vibration.
The service keeps running even if you reboot your device.
You can also set a quick mute period, for unscheduled events.
Please note that if you set audio to be muted or reenabled before the current time, this will be done at the time you set, the next day.
Want to become a beta tester? Great! Start by joining this community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104836627274390925054
For suggestions about added and altered functionality and bug reports, please use mail (or the dedicated community) rather than setting low score reviews, this makes it easier for me to overview and enables me to reply to you.
Languages: English, Swedish, Russian (thanks to ViNNNtalik@XDA), German (thanks to dert07)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed to start service when device starts
READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed to detect incoming calls to temporarily reenable sound
WRITE_SETTINGS: Needed to set display brightness setting
Keywords: Silence, silent, quiet, mode, night, sleep, mute
“I was impressed by its simplicity.”
— All About Android
Spin the bottle to decide who goes first. Then use the disc to enter scores. The Material Design UI will make your friends jealous!
Rounds is the only score pad you'll need for card games like Rummy, Hearts and Oh Hell. It can track points for board games like Scrabble and Carcassonne. And it works for special deck games like Tichu, Mu, Haggis and Lost Cities. Golfers will like Rounds' ability to score mini golf, disc golf and of course... golf.
■ Saves all games.
■ Quick entry for of up to 8 players.
■ Accelerated dial for low and high scores.
■ On tablets, scores are in large text: everyone can see who's winning!
■ Easy result sharing.
■ Rounds is free but limited to 3 colors. Pay 99¢ to unlock the complete palette.
■ If you bought rounds prior to September 2014 and your colors are now locked, email me. I'll send you the fix ASAP!
■ Rounds requires Internet permission so it can share game scores on the web. It only uses the Internet when you click 'Share'.