Shush automatically quiets down your device while you are using it. When the screen is unlocked, silent mode is activated. When the screen is turned off, the last non-silent setting is restored. Note this only affects notifications, not music, games or alarms.
The idea is that when you are using your device, you will see notifications in the top pull-down menu anyway, so it isn't necessary to also play the sound and/or vibrate. It is especially useful if you are receiving many IMs while you are doing something else.
An optional in-app purchase unlocks the ability to restore the non-silent setting while any installed app you choose is active. This can be useful for example if you would like to still hear notifications while playing a full-screen game.
This app requires the following permissions:
- Read Phone State/Identity: This is so that the ringer is not silenced when the phone is unlocked due to an incoming call. This permission enables Shush to tell if the phone is ringing or not (that is all it does with this permission).
- Run At Startup: This is to allow Shush to be active right after a restart. This way you don't have to open the app first.
- Retrieve Running Apps: This is necessary to allow Shush to restore the non-silent setting during a particular app.
Switches from normal to silent/mute just by clicking the app icons.
From silent/mute to vibrate again just by clicking the app icon. And finally from vibrate to normal just by... ;)
If your device has no vibrator, this app simply toggles between normal and silent/mute.
!!! Your current sound profile can be seen in the title bar!!!
Ad-free, does not need any §$"§$% permissions
** Unfortunately due to a complete change in how silent mode works in Android 5.0 Lollipop, as well as other framework changes which causes Silence to crash, this version of Silence is only compatible with Android versions up to and including Android 4.4 KitKat. We will be releasing an all-new version of Silence for Lollipop once we get our hands on it. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for all of your continued support. **
With this app, never again will you have to worry about silencing your phone during that important meeting, or even missing calls and texts later in the day because you forgot to turn the volume back up. Simply put in your schedule, choose your toggles, and forget about it. Let us do all the work for you.
- Simple, intuitive Holo-themed interface
- Schedule events that occur once, or repeat on certain days of the week
- ...or, use your events from the calendar on your device*!
- Change your ringer, notifications**, media, or alarm volumes over scheduled intervals
- Turn Wi-fi, Bluetooth, mobile data***, and airplane mode**** on and off
- Change your settings back automatically when the scheduled event ends
The permissions requested are required to be able to change the state of your phone automatically. The ad-supported, free version of Silence uses internet permissions only to display advertisements. We do not collect any data from you.
Feel free to contact us with any suggestions, concerns, or feedback! If one of the toggles isn't working for you, please send us an email with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
* Calendar support only in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. We are working on support for older devices!
** Notification volume and ringer volume are combined in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. If you are running a custom ROM which splits them back into separate volumes, check the appropriate option in the settings menu to set each volume separately.
*** Mobile data toggling is only supported on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and up. This toggle is in BETA so unfortunately does not support the "change back" option for now. If you find this toggle does not work on your device, please email us with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
*** Airplane mode is not supported in Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean r2) and up.
Things to look forward to:
- The ability to select "all events," "busy/available" events, or events with certain keywords on specific calendars
- The ability to create preset toggle profiles
- The ability to "whitelist" certain contacts, so that their calls always come through no matter what the phone is set to
- A homescreen widget which allows for quick activation of a preset profile
- An option for 24-hour format
- Other suggestions from our users!
** Unfortunately, we cannot support GPS toggling on any Android version nor airplane mode on 4.2+. Access to these settings are restricted to system apps, even when rooted. **
tags: silence, ringer, notification, notifications, alarm, media, music, game, volume, silent, vibrate, mode, blue, tooth, bluetooth, wi, fi, wi-fi, wifi, airplane, data, mobile, 4g, 3g, 2g, automatic, automatically, google, calendar, interval, time, schedule, scheduler, scheduled, toggle, setting, settings, time, silencer
Several features set this app apart from others in the category. This application was written with security in mind. As such, it requires just a few permissions to read user's contacts, calendar and to send and receive SMS. Most other apps require network permissions, and some need access to SD storage, which allows them to transfer any of the personal data from the phone unnoticed. This app can't do that, so you can rest assured that your personal data is safe.
This app offers a lot more than Do Not Disturb Mode on the iPhone or Samsung’s Blocking Mode:
* It can silence the phone for the night and/or during office hour, meetings or calendar appointments
* Instant silent mode timer can be started with just 1 click,
* Instant timer can also be activated via the widget by the volume bar
* It can keep the phone on silent + vibrate all day and go completely silent for the night
* It mutes phone calls and all audible notifications during quiet time, except alarms
* Day and night time schedule can be programmed separately for each day of the week
* Calendar selection is configurable, and only Busy events are muted
* Supported calendars include Google calendars, Exchange
* SMS and call exceptions are supported while the phone is muted
* You can allow separate groups of contacts to ring at night and/or during the day
* Enable Emergency mode to let repeated calls from the same number ring
* Use No Exceptions mode to block calls from allowed contacts for the duration of an important meeting
* Use Respond via SMS to let the caller know to call back again if it's urgent
* Optionally disable Bluetooth handsfree during quiet time
* Cancel mute when you wake up early or the meeting ends early
Certain Samsung phones have issues with vibrate mode. If your phone doesn't vibrate when you enable vibration in this Do Not Disturb app, change vibration settings in your phone's system settings/sounds menu.
Please don't block this app's notifications on your phone, it can cause the app to not work correctly. Also note that if you have a task killer/booster type of app installed on your device, add this Do Not Disturb app to the list of exceptions. Finally, make sure you don't have other apps that manipulate the speaker running at the same time.
AndroidCentral - http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-week-sorcery-crazy-taxi-imsa-and-more
AndroidPit - http://www.androidpit.com/do-not-disturb-blocking-mode
TwitTv - http://twit.tv/show/all-about-android/162
This app was previously called Silence Scheduler Premium.
Are you tired of waking up in the middle of the night because you got a new text message or phone call?
Silent Hours will mute the audio on your device every day during the periods you set.
Additional options for when sound is muted:
- Mute games, music etc.
- Enable vibration
- Lock the volume to muted, to avoid accidental changes
- Lower brightness to desired level (saves previous level)
- Disable the notification light
- Unmute the sound on incoming call. The sound will be muted again when the call is ended
You can also choose to mute games and music, as well as to enable vibration.
The service keeps running even if you reboot your device.
You can also set a quick mute period, for unscheduled events.
Please note that if you set audio to be muted or reenabled before the current time, this will be done at the time you set, the next day.
Want to become a beta tester? Great! Start by joining this community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104836627274390925054
For suggestions about added and altered functionality and bug reports, please use mail (or the dedicated community) rather than setting low score reviews, this makes it easier for me to overview and enables me to reply to you.
Languages: English, Swedish, Russian (thanks to ViNNNtalik@XDA), German (thanks to dert07)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed to start service when device starts
READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed to detect incoming calls to temporarily reenable sound
WRITE_SETTINGS: Needed to set display brightness setting
Keywords: Silence, silent, quiet, mode, night, sleep, mute
**Android 5.0 Lollipop is mostly fixed. I have no way to set the priority, so this is the best it gets for now.
This is designed to match my Simple Call Forwarding widget as well as the Signals Widget.
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
HOW TO ADD: Long-press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Silent Mode Widget.
After specific time volume level is switched to previous value.
"Silent Mobile" is very useful during meetings, night sleep and other situations.
You just set how long your mobile will be muted. You doesn’t need to take care about increasing volume – it is automated. The volume level will return to initial value.
Whenever you need temporary mute your ringer you will find it useful.
Silent Mobile application makes your mobile quiet for incoming calls and notifications.
- temporary mute ringer for incoming calls and notifications
- volume is restored to initial value after specific time
- configurable: switch to silent mode or vibration mode
HOW TO USE:
There is a window where you set how long mobile should be silent. Then press "Mute" to switch your mobile to silent mode for incoming calls and notifications. Now you can exit from application.
The volume level will be restored to initial value after specific time. You can find more details in notification task bar.
There is "Cancel" button which immediately restore an initial volume level.
There are two options at this moment:
- “Vibration” – it on/off vibration mode when you mute mobile using Silent Mobile.
- “Show notification” – on/off showing additional information in a notification bar.
This application require internet access to show advertises.
The app. can't be installed on SD card, because it doesn't resotre volume if card is unmonted.
Silent! can automatically enable or disable your mobile's silent mode through a simple and friendly interface.
Let the Silent! be part of your routine and never again find yourself in an awkward situation because your phone started ringing at classes, workplace, movie theaters, meetings and even at bedtime. With Silent! you will be able to:
- Set your phone's weekly ring schedule;
- Select places at which your mobile phone should not ring;
- Add exceptions for important callers;
- Silence your phone at a specific time;
- Perform an automatic backup;
And all it takes is just a few taps.
Languages: Chinese, English, French, Greek, Portuguese (Brazil) and Russian.
*Extra feature can be bought within the application.
Besides all these features, you still have a support team ready to assist you and listen your suggestions by E-mail, Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
**** We are in the news.. BBC Record London, Digital Spy and others are raving about RingSmart! ****
** Rated top new Android app by I NEW TECHNOLOGY **
** Featured in GIZMODO as an Essential Must Have **
** Ranked Best New App for Android by DIGITAL SPY **
** Rated Must Have App by ANDROID WORLD **
Ring Smart allows you to automatically adjust your mobile device ringer volume and style based on Location, Time of Day and Day of the week; Taking your ringer volume control, in a smart way, back into your own hands. Imagine never having to remember to turn off your ringer at the movie theatre, then remember to turn it back on once you leave. Or, you don't want to be disturbed after 10pm at home? Simply set ringer control of the location to turn off the ringer after 10pm and back on at 9am without ever touching your device to do so.
The app is even smart enough to know when you have left a specific location, automagically turning itself back on to your default settings. If your ringer was off at home after 10pm, and you go out at 11pm, the ringer would turn back on once you've left your home.
In Emergency mode, you can set a threshold for a calling number to make incoming calls within a preset number of minutes to constitute an emergency. Once the threshold is reached, your phone ringer will automatically turn on to notify you of the call - Now that's pretty smart!
** New in Version 2.5: Added ability to set active times by time of day and by day of the week.
** New in Version 2.6: Do Not Override current volume settings in default locations
** New in Version 2.7: Emergency Mode for incoming calls
This app is 100% ad free - we will never clutter your screen or your experience with unwanted ads - we know how annoying that can be!
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RingSmartApp
• Automatically follows your GPS location to known (programmed) places.
• Ability to set the active Day Of The Week for each location
• Emergency Mode - Allows you to have your ringer automatically turned on for emergency calls
• Manually add locations by entering in an address
• Ability to not override current ringer volume on default locations (non programmed locations)
• Homescreen Widget for quick reference
• Ability to tighten or widen the accuracy area in areas where GPS isn't always accurate
• Turn ringer volume up, down, vibrate or silent
• Ability to turn the Ring Smart service ON or OFF manually
• Ability to display or hide notifications
• Add a location multiple times to incorporate additional time settings
• Notification identifies which location profile is currently active
• Low battery consumption
• Ad Free - Never any ads
Does it annoy you that in Android 4.0 (ICS) and above, the ability to unlink the Notification and Ringer volume has been removed? It annoys the heck out of me! At night time I want my notification volume muted, but my ringer volume turned up so I don't miss calls. It has bugged me so much since I switched to ICS that I decided to write an app to "work around" the issue.
So, what does the app do? Well when your phone rings or receives an SMS it tells the phone to ignore the system sound settings in regards to notification volume/vibration, and uses the settings specified within this app instead.
* Now With Blackberry style Sound Profiles! Something I've been working on forever!
* Now also with integration into Locale, Tasker and Llama!
Not sure if you're ready to invest in ICS+ Enhanced Ringer Control just yet? Check out the trial version first! Fully functional 48 hour time-limited version:
Please don't just leave negative comments if you find issues, or something isn't working correctly. I have no way of directly replying to them! PLEASE report them to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will squash any issues you encounter ASAP.
**Jellybean Users** It's confirmed working fine for many users on JB - both 4.1.x and 4.2.x
Full instructions - http://goo.gl/Zndaq
After installing the app, open it, then set your usual alert volume (this affects emails/facebook/twitter/stuff like that) and whether you want it to vibrate or not. Next, choose the volume you want the ringer to be, and whether you want it to vibrate or not. Then, choose the volume you want your SMS notification to be and whether you want it to vibrate or not, then finally check the "enable" box in the bottom-right corner of the SMS box to enable it. At this point, when you receive a phone call or sms, it will ignore the notification volume settings, and use these settings instead.
At any time, you can decide whether to add the app to the notification bar for easy access and to quickly see if ICS+ Enhanced Ringer Control is enabled or not. Just check the box labelled "Show Icon in Notification Bar".
To disable ICS+ Enhanced Ringer Control, just launch the app again and uncheck the last checkbox. The regular notification volume settings will kick in as per normal.
This application will run in the background, no need to keep the app on your screen, and will auto-start in the background when you reboot.
"RECEIVE SMS" - the app needs to know when you receive an SMS so that it can apply the alternate sound settings temporarily
"READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY" - this is the permission that tells the app that the phone is ringing. When this event is detected, it applies the alternate sound settings until the phone stops ringing.
"RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED" - once the phone finishes booting up, this permission allows the app to be aware of the reboot and start itself up. You wouldn't want to have to remember to start the app every time you reboot would you??
*** GO SMS PRO users, for ICS Enhanced Ringer Control to work for SMS you must do this -> In Go SMS Pro, go to Settings > Advanced > Receive Settings ... and uncheck "Disable other message notification". Then go into the stock SMS app, and disable notifications manually from in there. It "might" already be disabled, but its worthwhile making sure.
Compared with the same type of apps, there are no difficult settings or complicated operations in "call block". We offer you a dynamic designed main interface, so you can get to know your blocking mode instead of getting into the settings.
We offer four block modes, the dynamic interface will change automatically, so you can know the current mode easily (block modes available: Block all, Block blacklists only,Accept whitelists only, Accept contacts only)
This app also provides answering modes. There are four modes: Power off, Busy, No service, The number is not in service. (Only featured in Simplified Chinese version)
There is a general switch that you can change blocking mode to non-blocking mode immediately without getting into the settings.
* All calls from the blocking number list will be blocked. You can check details in call block record.
* All SMS from the blocking number list will be blocked. You can check details in SMS block record.
* Add numbers into black and white lists here. You can choose to block both or either of calls and SMS from Blacklist. The calls and SMS from numbers in Whitelist are defaulted unblocked, but you can modify as you want. The block rules can be modified in block mode.
* One column is call block record where the information of blocked calls will be displayed here, you can delete the records. The other column is SMS block record where the information of blocked SMS will be displayed here, you can delete the records.
* The Simplified Chinese version has one more feature which allows the user to select answering modes. There are four modes:Power off,Busy,No service,The number is not in service.
* When block occurs,an icon will notify you on the taskbar. Touch to check block information.
Your suggestions and requests would be highly appreciated, please make comments on market review or send email to us.
1) How to solve Text-To-Speech problem. (Voice issue)
(1) In app, Click FAQ in menu button or screen of Notification App
(2) Disable all of TTS-related app on the below in FAQ screen.
2) If it doesn't work sometimes, Try to turn the power off and then on.
3) Setup info for GoSMS, HandcentSMS, third party SMS apps
- Add to Notification App, because they prevent original SMS message event.
- GoSMS → Settings → Advanced Tab → Receive Settings → uncheck "Disable other message notification"
# Vibrate then Ring with Flash by Shake
# Notification Flash & Screen Flash
- Flash when a new notification arrives in selected app
(Whatsapp, Email, Twitter, Alarm/Clock, Messenger, any other app)
* For Android 4.3 or above : [Notification] service. (Free TTS problems,For more precise work)
* For Android 4.2 or below : [Accessibility] service
* Feature phones as the primary function, but Android does not support basic Vibrate then ring camera flash functions can be used simultaneously. and there is supported to answer in call by shaking
# Vibrate then Ring
1) When a call arrives, it will start to vibrate mode.
2) a certain amount of time after the ring tone progressively larger rings.
3) or to set the loudness rings.
# Incoming Call Flash
1) When a call arrives, the flash blinks
2) Set the starting time of the flash
3) Set the number of flash flashing
# SMS Flash
# Missed Call / Unread SMS Flash / Repeat Notification
1) Flash is repeated at specific intervals
# Answer Call by Shake
1) when the phone rang , You can answer the phone by Shaking
2) set the sensitivity of shaking
## Please refer ##
1) Some devices may not work.
2) If it doesn't work, reboot your phone
* now no longer should be ringing ringing phone to be embarrassed or not due to the App if you wanted to dramatically reduce
Put application shortcut on wallpaper to quick switch MUTE ON/OFF.
If you like it, please donate this app on:
“I was impressed by its simplicity.”
— All About Android
Spin the bottle to decide who goes first. Then use the disc to enter scores. The Material Design UI will make your friends jealous!
Rounds is the only score pad you'll need for card games like Rummy, Hearts and Oh Hell. It can track points for board games like Scrabble and Carcassonne. And it works for special deck games like Tichu, Mu, Haggis and Lost Cities. Golfers will like Rounds' ability to score mini golf, disc golf and of course... golf.
■ Saves all games.
■ Quick entry for of up to 8 players.
■ Accelerated dial for low and high scores.
■ On tablets, scores are in large text: everyone can see who's winning!
■ Easy result sharing.
■ Rounds is free but limited to 3 colors. Pay 99¢ to unlock the complete palette.
■ If you bought rounds prior to September 2014 and your colors are now locked, email me. I'll send you the fix ASAP!
■ Rounds requires Internet permission so it can share game scores on the web. It only uses the Internet when you click 'Share'.