TV SideView is a Remote control & TV Guide app from Sony that makes your TV viewing life more convenient.
With your mobile device, you can discover programs with the TV Guide and effortlessly control your home devices like Sony BRAVIA TV.
For existing Media Remote app users, TV SideView app will offer additional functionalities in addition to a remote control.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a multifunctional remote controller always at your side.
2. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
3. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
4. You can list TV programs currently airing with the TV program guide widget.
This app is compatible with Xperia™ devices, Samsung GALAXY devices, Google Nexus devices, and Android devices by all manufacturers, but some features may be limited depending on the model and version.
- TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony LCD TV BRAVIA
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
For customers using Xperia™ Tablet with built-in universal remote control function, you will be able to use this application to select a TV program and change channels on your TV or set-top box from your mobile device.
- Additional information
1. “TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
More from developer
The application offers following screen functions:
Remote: Android phone will work just like a regular remote control of your AQUOS RemoteEN Interactive TV.
Touch: This function allows you use your AQUOS RemoteEN Interactive TV with ‘Touch’ finger gestures.
Keyboard: Use this function for key input responses for your AQUOS RemoteEN Interactive TV applications.
Beam Smartphone or Tablet content to an AQUOS LED TV with the Sharp Beam app!
You can also create playlists of your choice enqueuing multiple selections in the order want. It is always possible to continue browsing, either on the current site or another site, while your media plays on device.
• Enjoy your familiar browser experience for discovering and enjoying internet video, audio and photos.
• Open multiple sites at once with tap browsing
• Play the videos locally on mobile device or “beam” them to your AQUOS LED TVs
• Create and manage bookmarks for your favorite websites.
• Quickly access recommended links to websites that contain content you can beam
• Play selected content to remote devices, while continuing to browse
• Create and manage a queue of content.
• You can share or beam media on your tablet or phone with AQUOS LED TVs with built-in Wi-Fi
• PlayReady or DTCP-IP protected content can be Played or beamed (Requires Android 4.0 or higher, valid content license and compatible player for beaming)
• Media in RSS feeds can be browsed and beamed
* Please note that beaming functionality relies on the capabilities of devices on your home network, as well as the media support provided by specific websites. Beaming does not work with Flash content.
Keywords: Sharp, Sharp Electronics, Sharp USA, Sharp America, SharpUSA, Sharp Beam, SmartCentral, Beam, Aquos, TV, LCD, Remote, Beaming, Beamz, Beamzit, large-screen, Quattron, Smart TV, HD, SmartCentralTM, Home Network
Sharp Central features:
Custom Fit For You: A custom fit television recommendation tool will ask a few short questions and help you choose a bigger and better TV that fits your style. (Example: What room will your new TV live in? What will you watch on your new TV?)
Try It On and Show It Off: Show your friends on Facebook and Twitter what your custom fit television looks like in a simulated room environment for maximum bragging rights.
Touch and Experience Never Before Seen Color: With the swipe of your finger, see how Quattron™ Technology delivers billions more colors than any other television by simply adding yellow to the mix.
Enhance Your Home Entertainment: Check out the latest in Televisions, BluRay players, and Home Audio products from Sharp.
Sharp Connect: Connect directly to Sharp representatives that can answer all your product questions.