2. My position in the network can use wireless networks and GPS satellites with options select option will be available for normal service.
3. Depending on device or network does not accurately show the data can be.
4. Moved to another location to save your current location automatically calculates the distance you can see.
5. Address, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed and data can be found at a glance.
6. Optionally, to view maps and satellite photos, depending on whether you provide road and traffic status can also be found.
The VDOT 511 mobile application provides real-time access to traffic and road weather information supplied by the Virginia Department of Transportation. Traffic information includes current traffic speeds on interstate and primary routes, the latest incident and construction information, and bridge status. Road weather information shows the severity of road conditions and road closures caused by weather. The information, which is regularly and automatically updated, is provided to the user through voice alerts and is also shown in real-time on maps along with the location of the user.
As the user moves through the highway network, the app keeps track of the location of the user on the map, and also notifies the user of problems ahead through voice alerts. The user can select how far ahead these alerts are given (5, 10 or 15 miles).
The maps also indicate the location of message signs and cameras allowing the user to see what messages are being displayed and watch video from the roadside cameras.
The VDOT 511 mobile application provides current travel times for many pre-defined routes throughout the state. The user can select "favorites" from the comprehensive list of routes. These favorites are then grouped together for ease of access. Travel times for both directions are given per route.
A special "Reach The Beach" feature helps beach-goers by providing the latest travel times for routes to Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks. As the user approaches a key point where a route decision can be made, the app tells the user what the current travel times are from that point to the chosen destination. When leaving the beach, the user can chose from one of four "Home " destinations of Richmond, Fredericksburg, Hampton Roads and Skippers.
VDOT maintains one News and eight Traffic Twitter feeds. All are readily accessible through the 511 mobile application's main menu.