Featuring medical illustrations from a world-renowned publisher, this app discusses the most important topics in Prostate Cancer. The app is ideal for all medical professionals, medical residents and interns, nurses, and medical students.
With just a few taps, physicians can use the app to effectively communicate with their patients about the Prostate and Prostate Cancer. Detailed illustrations help explain anatomy and physiology and descriptive text aids physicians in their communication of a diagnosis or procedure.
- What is the Prostate?
- Prostate Facts
- Prostate Zones
- Hormonal Influence on the Prostate (Healthy)
- What are Androgens?
- Where does Testosterone come from?
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Early BPH, Prostatitis
- Glands of the Prostate
- What is Prostate Cancer?
- The Role of Androgens in Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer: Signs & Symptoms
- Prostate Cancer: Screening Tests
- Prostate Cancer: Diagnostic Tests
- Bone Scan
- Prostate Cancer: Staging
- The TNM System
- Gleason Pathologic Scoring System
- Prostate Cancer: Stage I
- Prostate Cancer: Stage II
- Prostate Cancer: Stage III
- Prostate Cancer: Stage IV
- Pathways of Prostate Cancer Spread
- Prostate Cancer: Treatments
- Ability to pan/zoom colorful, detailed illustrations
- Draw feature enables physicians to highlight key anatomical areas of images
- Place a snapshot of an image in your device's photo gallery for easy sharing with patients
- Fully referenced text including disease signs and symptoms, screening tests, diagnostic tests, staging, and treatment options
- Three patient education handouts available to view and send to an email address. Handouts include "Prostate Cancer Overview," "Role of Androgens," and "Stages of Prostate Cancer"
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this application is intended for healthcare professionals only and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice.
It is an invaluable encyclopedia of "how-to" for all health professionals providing or interpreting ultrasounds.
It encompasses everything you need to know about the anatomy and normal ultrasound appearances of the urinary bladder, kidneys and prostate.
Includes trans-abdominal and transrectal techniques.
Each section contains:
• Detailed scanning techniques.
• Images of probe placement.
• A huge array of normal ultrasound images.
• Colour overlays describing the anatomy seen.
Links are also available to useful websites for pathology and embryology.
It has been created by professionals for professionals.
This application should not be used a replacement for formal ultrasound training. Departmental policies and local laws should always be followed.
An invaluable encyclopedia of ultrasound "how-to" for health professionals.
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE ENTIRE RANGE OF APPS BY ULTRASOUNDPAEDIA:
• Obstetric ultrasound
• Gynaecological ultrasound
• Urological ultrasound
• Pediatric Ultrasound
• Small parts ultrasound
• MSK upper Limb ultrasound
• MSK lower limb ultrasound
• Upper abdominal ultrasound
• Vascular ultrasound
¿Qué es la próstata?
¿Tengo síntomas prostáticos?
¿Cuándo debo realizarme una revisión y en qué consiste?
¿Cómo puede el médico tratar mis síntomas?
¿Qué es el PSA?
¿En qué consiste una biopsia de próstata?
¿Qué opciones hay si tengo un cáncer de próstata?
¿Qué es una prostatitis?
Además de responder a estas preguntas y otras muchas, con esta aplicación usted podrá rellenar un cuestionario de síntomas prostáticos para ver si no tiene síntomas, o sí tiene en grado leve, moderado o severo. También podrá anotar sus PSAs o las indicaciones que su médico le vaya dando.
La aplicación tiene como única finalidad proporcionar información y orientación sobre los temas relacionados con la próstata. En ningún caso puede sustituir a la consulta con su médico de Atención Primaria o con su Urológo. Al contrario, entre las recomendaciones que se le hagan, siempre estará la de acudir a su médico.
No todos los aspectos pueden ser tratados con la profundidad o el acierto que quizá merezcan. Conscientes de ello proponemos a los usuarios interesados que nos hagan llegar, por mediación del correo electrónico (firstname.lastname@example.org) aquellas sugerencias que crean oportunas para mejorar la aplicación.
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Urology, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, is a comprehensive reference source for the definition of terms related to the urinary system, and the genitourinary diseases and disorders. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 95 related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
This comprehensive set of flashcards will be constantly updated with up-to-date information in the field of Urology.
Some of the topics covered:
- Basic Urology
About the authors:
1) Dr Ranjith Ramasamy is a resident in Urology at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College. He completed his undergraduate education at Rutgers University and went to UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He has an interest in male infertility and has published several manuscripts. He has a passion for teaching, cricket and was a former television news anchor.
2) Dr. George JS Kalligal is a staff Urologist at Martin Army Community Hospital. He completed a BS and MPH at the University of Michigan, and attended medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. He completed Urology residency at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu and awaits the start of his Urologic Oncology Fellowship in 2012. He enjoys surfing and golf, when weather permits.
This App allows healthcare professionals to have quick access to antibiotic dosing for common GU infections at their fingertips! The best antibiotic guide for the GU system on the Google Marketplace!
Infections covered include:
-Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
-Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
What is different about our app?
-created by experts with the latest available evidence
-evidence-based antibiotic dose for the clinical situation
-dosing adjustments for special populations (pregnant, renal failure, age, etc.)
-includes duration of treatment (that is often missing from other apps)
-no searching through unnecessary information (this app is dosing only!)
-tested thoroughly by MDs and rated as the best dosing app they have tried!
-full clinical and technical support via email (Have a clinical or technical question? Ask our experts!)
With our free, ad-supported app, you have full access to all the features and all dosing information. We don't limit information like some apps out there. This is yours for free - really!
Don't waste time and stress looking for dosing information. Download this app now and be prepared to treat any GU infection.
Select a category from the Index tab and you will be given 10 questions to answer, once you give an answer to each of the 5 options you will be shown which you got correct. A correct answer will be green and an incorrect answer will be red.
You will score 1 point for each correct answer giving you a total possible score of 5 per question.
You can navigate to the next question with the next button.
The results tab will display your current score for each category and your overall score for all the questions.
You can reset your usage from the menu.
THE AUTHOR: Robert Whitaker has spent his clinical career as a paediatric urological surgeon. Since retiring 20 years ago he now teaches clinically applied topographical anatomy to first-year medical students at Cambridge University, in the UK. He also teaches clinically applied anatomy to surgical, radiological and other speciality trainees and is a former examiner for the MRCS at the English and Edinburgh Colleges of Surgeons.
four times a year, all members of the APPS receive every issue of Prostate International as a benefit of their APPS membership.
More from developer
Developed by Flat Branch Home Loans, this application offers quick access to daily loan rates, a flexible amortization table, a simple mortgage calculator, and an intuitive refinance calculator to help save you money.
While developed for the Missouri real estate market, the Flat Branch Mortgage Calculator can be used across the United States through a flexible tax and insurance adjustment system.
For more information on the application and acquiring a home loan, please visit Flat Branch online at http://flatbranchhomeloans.com/.
- App Features -
Voiding Diary – This is used to track fluid intake and urinary output. Output can be measured with a container called a “hat” which can be purchased at your local drug store. Measurements are listed in cubic centimeters (cc). Thirty cc = 1 ounce.
AUA Symptom Score- This is a questionnaire designed to help men and women, in conjunction with their health care providers, assess their urinary symptoms and response to therapy.
Ronald L. Yap, M.D.
Concord Hospital Center for Urologic Care
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Surgery (Urology)
Dartmouth Medical School
The LeBaron Foundation and The Concord Hospital Trust