Questo is a real-world city exploration game, offering treasure hunt style city tours which you can play in more than 30 European cities. This way, Questo acts as a virtual travel guide while you get to discover hidden locations in your town or tourist attractions abroad, doing some city sightseeing.
By following clues and solving riddles during these walking tours you discover new tourist attractions and other locations not even locals know about around the world, while finding out their hidden stories. These are all part of what is called a ‘quest’, which are city tours in form of missions of discovery that teleport you inside a fictional story where you’re the main character.
The quests will take you on short day trips to both hidden gems and must-see attractions in the places you visit in your city or while traveling.
The app received the Best Travel App award at eTravel Awards 2017, and it was also rewarded by Booking.com, in 2018, for its significant positive social impact.
Our city explorers like to describe the game as a mix of treasure hunting, city guide, escape rooms, mobile travel guide, trip planner, race around the world, and free walking tour.
Whether you are travelling or you’re a local looking for things to do or things to see in the city, you can find a city tour (quest) that suits your interests. One day you can save a princess trapped in an ancient castle, the next one you go to the year 3200 and protect the present.
Spice up your day trips with some city sightseeing playing outdoors quests or indoor quests in castles, museums, villas and hundreds of other places.
The Questo city guide & trip planner is perfect for:
- couples looking for new things to do together on day trips,
- families with children who are eager to explore,
- teenagers who want to have fun in new places or
- solo travelers in search of adventure and city sightseeing tours.
All the quests are built either by a local insider, a storyteller or an experienced tour guide and include both must-see popular attractions, and hidden places (restaurants with local cuisine, authentic craft workshops, neighborhood bars, leisure areas and many more), which only locals usually access. You can be sure your trip is completed with authentic experiences with the Questo trip planner.
These tours (quests) are available in more than 30 cities from 6 countries of Europe, with many more ready to launch. Try Questo anytime you visit a city and want to have fun around:
- London attractions
- Paris attractions
- Rome attractions
- Vienna attractions
- Amsterdam attractions
- Budapest attractions
- and 30 other cities
If you are travelling to the following cities, it’s good to know that you have Questo’s virtual tour guide/game waiting for you there: London, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Vienna, Budapest, Florence, Rotterdam, Tilburg, Utrecht, Bucharest, Cluj, Sibiu, Brasov, Iasi, Sighisoara, Cisnadioara and many others.
- In Rome you play the role of a person who never believed in ghosts, but now becomes one. You will have to go around town and try to find how you died. Along your path you’ll encounter other lost souls while visiting the places in town where they still bring horror to the living.
- In Rotterdam you can go sightseeing while looking for clues in search of a group of spies who found shelter here. Go and collect intelligence and complete your secret assignment.
- In Bucharest you can go on several game-type free walking tours, some with a mission behind, some just as casual walks. Choose from finding the Old Town treasure, exploring the most beautiful outdoor museum inside a cemetery, looking for ghosts in the haunted neighborhood of Bucharest or from many other indoor and outdoor city tours.
Play Your City a Visit!