With the Dropcam Android app, you can also:
- Talk directly to people or pets
- Turn your camera on and off
*Available to Cloud Recording subscribers
What is Dropcam?
Dropcam is a cloud-based Wi-Fi video monitoring service that makes it easy to stay connected with places, people and pets. After your camera is activated, you can drop in live using our mobile and web apps and receive alerts when motion or sound is detected.
What is Cloud Recording?
Cloud Recording automatically saves video on a rolling basis, so you can easily review footage from the past week or month. You can also save important clips and customize motion alerts based on the activities you care about.
To learn more, visit https://www.dropcam.com
This is not the official Belkin app. You will still need their official app at least once to connect your devices to your WiFi (they use proprietary method to set your router password into the device which I cannot duplicate). BUT I will never tell you to uninstall the app, reset all of your switches, reinstall and recreate your rules ;)!
Refund policy: your purchase will be refunded if you are not satisfied with the app, you chose to return your Wemo devices, or if you switch to WemoHome. I would ask that you not give my app a bad rating based on problems with the Wemo switches - there's nothing I can do to help with that, sorry. Email me (developer's email) for the refund procedure.
While not as pretty as the Belkin version, this app fixes many of its problems. It runs on many more versions of Android, is faster, more stable, and uses less than 1/2 the space and footprint of Belkin's app.
- WeMo Motion
- WeMo Switch
- WeMo Insight switch
- WeMo Light switch
- WeMo NetCam (as a motion device)
- WeMo Maker
- WeMo Link with Wemo LEDs
- GE Link bulbs on Wemo Link (see FAQ on developer site)
WemoManager comes with the following:
- WemoManager app to monitor and control all of your wemo devices
- WemoDevice and WemoSwitch widgets to monitor and control any wemo from your home screen
- WemoServer (pc/app) - run your own rules engine and remote server
- WemoRemote app and widgets work with WemoServer for remote access
- WemoScenes for single touch control of multiple WeMos (e.g. "Watch a movie")
- Web, REST and authenticated web servers for browser access
- WemoLog - log viewer
For full, secure, fast, and reliable home automation for your WEMO devices you use the WemoServer by installing it on a dedicated, always on tablet or phone connected to your WIFI network or by using the free WemoServer on Windows or Linux (java, see the MPP developers page for details).
Both versions of WemoServer provide WemoRemote and WemoRules support.
The android version adds the REST server, local and secure remote Web servers, and enables Automagic or Tasker to further automate your home.
WemoRemote plus WemoServer allow you to securely replace Belkin's or any other cloud service, keeping you safe from hackers or other privacy risks. Your important appliances can be safely monitored and managed without depending on slow, unreliable, unsecured internet services like IFTTT.
The WemoServer rule set is here: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/faq/wemomanager/wemorules and you'll find additional information on that site.
Unleash the power! Use with Tasker, Automagic (with built in samples), my other automation applications, and/or Android intents or the REST API with other automation systems to:
- Use your phone location to trigger your switches
- Get a warning via SMS or email if a switch changes state or drops from your network, or power usage changes
- Turn lights on/off or flashing when a security zone is opened/entered/closed or an alarm occurs (using the DscServer)
- Use WeMo motion to trigger alarms, garage door openers, cameras, etc
- Use WeMo switches to trigger other automation in addition to sockets/lights
For a small investment and no monthly cost, you can set up your own home automation to rival Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, Time Warner's IntelligentHome, and more. Visit my developer's site (link below) or email me for more information.
This App interacts with a Garage Door (GDO) Secure Server Solution enabling your Android to securely control and monitor your garage door using Wi-Fi or an Internet connection. When paired with our GDO Server Solution, this App can be configured to work securely over the internet using an advanced auto-pairing/cipher technology (patent pending) that can be configured to offer over 256 bit encryption. This secure App technology virtually ELIMINATES unauthorized access to your home. We have tested this system for over one year to assure the best possible security, ease of setup and simplicity of use.
Using the App’s administrative functions you can remotely (thru the Internet) change the door password at will, thereby controlling when pre-authorized Wi-Fi users can access the door. Other features include the capability to administratively lock out all internet door users that you may have previously authorized, and to disable all paired devices in the event someone lost or misplaced a phone that can open the door.
DEVICE AUTHENTICATION FEATURE:
This App’s security model is designed to automatically pair (via Wi-Fi) with a local GDO Server. The pairing process exchanges unique information between the App and the GDO Server (i.e. authenticates a phone). Once paired, ONLY an authenticated phone can access the Garage Door. This means that your phone must physically be at your garage door to pair up with a GDO Server – after that, you can roam the internet and ONLY the paired Phone (given the correct password) will see the door’s status and can issue encrypted commands.
SECURE GARAGE DOOR OPENER (GDO) SERVERS:
The GDO Server is an internet appliance that plugs into your home router and connects wirelessly with 99% of all garage door systems. It is required for operating and monitoring a real garage door – see the WHAT'S NEW section for a link to obtain this hardware. Our GDO Server has an embedded web app page that allows most WiFi capable devices to operate as a WiFi garage door remote. We also offer/develop a variety of low cost, software solutions (source code included) that implement the GDO Server on various platforms such as Linux, Windows, Microcontrollers, Android OS, etc.
NOTE: The level of encryption we have developed for our FULLY ENCRYPTED GDO Hardware Servers may not be sold outside of the United States at this time. However, we do offer non-encrypted GDO Server solutions that can be run on any Linux or Windows server and can leverage your own WiFi router encryption. This software can be licensed/downloaded from our site along with garage door interface specifications.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
We made A WeMoWay..A WeMoWay....In the jungle...oooooo
-- Features --
* Manage your devices and set a schedule easily and quickly
* Tasker integration. Simple and fast.
-- Usage ---
Since we are using the WeMo SDK, the devices only work after they have been provisioned with the Belkin WeMo App. Belkin does some proprietary magic in the cloud but once the devices are setup in your home network, you are free to use the WeMoWay app.
The WeMoWay app only works when you are connected to the same wifi as your devices. That way no information is sent over the internet and all the connections are handled locally. Even if the internet goes down, your lights can stay lit.
Since this is the first release we are looking for lots of feedback. Let us know how it works and how you are using it. We are always improving the app and new features will be coming out often!
If you want to be part of the Beta Test community email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you on the list.
-- What's Coming Up ---
Android Wear Integration. Turn my lights on from my watch...Why Not!
NFC Writes/Reads. Tap your phone to turn on / off anything
Cloud Synchronization. This allows us to backup/restore your settings and sync across multiple devices. As long as one device is connected to your home network you can trigger the switches from anywhere.
IoT Cloud IFTTT OpenWrt Optimizations! No! And I don't even know what that means.
The app uses a lot of permissions. Belkin WeMo SDK (http://developers.belkin.com/wemo/sdk) needs us to include all of them. To that end I have no idea what they are needed for, email email@example.com and ask.
-Our Monkeys collect crash statistics in the really, really unlikely situation that the app crashes. We send that to the internet so the Monkey Handlers can berate the Monkeys.
-Local storage is used to cache images and settings.
Wi-Fi connection information
When you switch between networks, we need to connect to the new WeMo devices. This permission lets us verify your wifi network
GarageMate is trusted by thousands of users worldwide and is the most secure garage door opener. The simple installation takes 2 minutes. Even if someone else has the GarageMate App they will not be able to open your garage without your permission.
Compatible with Genie, Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, Raynor, Wayne-Dalton, Axis Cam, AccessMaster, Somfy, and virtually every garage door open built in the last 30 years. We also work with older openers (50 years), just tell us before ordering.
Only phones that have been previously paired to the GarageMate Receiver can open your garage door. The pairing process requires physical access to the receiver so it it not possible for someone else to pair their phone to the receiver.
The GarageMate App is FREE. And you can buy the latest low-cost Bluetooth4.0 receiver from us or DIY.
We performed extensive fail-safe testing in below freezing temperatures (-40F), above 140F, high humidity, power loss problems, and many other situations. Even under extreme conditions, the receiver never opens your garage door accidentally. Also, because you can password protect your phone and the App, we believe this is the most secure way to access your home. With password protection, if you lose your phone no one can enter your home. The same can't be said for keys and your other garage door remotes.
Thank you for the download and support.
Additional Tags: Garage Mate, BlueMate, BTmate, BlueMate.com, BTmate.com, GDMate, GD mate.
Requirements (Android 4.3 Jellybean and older):
- Lutron Maestro IR® Dimmer
- Samsung device with IR Blaster
Requirements (Android 4.4 KitKat):
- Lutron Maestro IR® Dimmer
-Any device with IR Blaster
On some devices (HTC One) if the dimmer does not respond, select the "Alternate" option on the menu.
Download the GoGogate app to open or close your garage door or gate with your Android.
This App works with the GoGoGate device that can be purchased separately at www.gogogate.com.
The GoGogate app will connect your Android to the GoGogate device via your Wi-Fi home network or internet.
-This APP (when used in conjunction with the GoGoGate device) will open up to 3 garage doors
-Garage door status alert: Shows if your garage doors are Open or Closed
-Clean, Intuitive and User Friendly Interface
-Unlimited number of users can download the app and operate a single garage
-100% Secure with 128bits encryption technology
Compatible with all Garage door openers..
The GoGogate device can also be configured via the APP to operate other relay based products such as electric blinds or sprinkler systems.
Installation video link:
Don’t have a SpotCam yet? No idea what is SpotCam?
SpotCam is a true cloud based WiFi video monitoring camera that allows you to watch what you care anytime anywhere. SpotCam setup is so easy that anyone who knows how to connect to WiFi can set up SpotCam with ease. Once activated, 24 hours free cloud recording helps you stay connected and never miss a second.
To learn more, visit myspotcam.com.
iCam has been featured on the Today Show, CNN, and Good Morning America - http://skjm.com/news.php
Popular uses include baby monitor, pet cam, nanny cam, spy cam, and security camera.
Record and playback Motion Events and Receive Notifications on your Android device when Motion is Detected by your iCamSource(s) - Visit http://skjm.com/icam/vid.php for video demonstrations.
Please note that to use iCam you will also need to download the free iCamSource software from http://skjm.com/icam/
The iCamSource software supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
iCam users also have access to iCamWeb, allowing them to connect to their iCamSource(s) from most any modern, Java-enabled web browser : http://skjm.com/icam/web/
NOTICE: If you are ever having issues please contact support instead of just leaving a bad review as we have no way of contacting you to help resolve your problem. Thanks!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q : What do I need to do to setup and use iCam and iCamSource?
A : The steps are:
1) Download iCam to your Android device and the iCamSource to your computer.
2) Start the iCamSource, and choose your USB / FireWire / Built-In webcam from the Video and Audio drop-down lists. If you are connecting to an Ethernet / Wi-Fi camera, simply enter the camera's MJPEG/JPEG URL along with the camera's login and password.
3) Enter a Login and Password of your choosing (no need to register or create an account, but make sure they are not easily guessed), and click the Start button. iCamSource is now setup and running.
4) Start iCam on your Android device and enter the same Login and Password from Step 3.
5) Tap Done. iCam is now setup and running, and should connect to the iCamSource running on your computer.
Tap a video thumbnail to Zoom In, press Back to Zoom Out.
Repeat Steps 2 & 3 for any additional computers and Steps 4 & 5 for any additional Android devices, being sure to use the same Login and Password for all of them.
Visit the "Getting Started" section of the iCam Help pages for more information: http://skjm.com/icam/help/
Q : Do I have to configure my firewall or router or know what my IP address is to use iCam?
A : Nope. :)
In most situations, things should "just work" unless your network is particularly complex or restricted.
If you do have problems getting things to work, please be sure to either Contact Support or visit the Discussion Forum.
Q : Does this work if iCam is connected via EDGE or 3G or a different WiFi network than the iCamSource?
A : Yes.
Q : What types of cameras does the iCamSource support?
A : The iCamSource currently supports any Built-In, FireWire or USB webcam supported by Windows XP/Vista or OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later. It also supports FireWire-connected DV cameras on OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later. Video-only support is also available for most MJPEG/JPEG-compatible WiFi and Ethernet network IP webcams. MPEG-4 and h.264 devices are not supported.
Q : Is iCam "peer-to-peer" or are the audio & video sent through your servers?
A : Yes, iCam is a "peer-to-peer" application. The iCamSource sends its audio & video directly to iCam, and nothing is ever sent through our servers.
Q : Can anyone else connect to my iCamSource and view my webcam?
A : The only way that someone can connect to your iCamSource is if they know your iCam Login and Password, just like every other account you have on the Internet. In addition, your iCam Login and Password are never sent to our servers, so your video feeds are able to be kept completely private.
• On each of your computers, set up remote access using the Chrome Remote Desktop app from Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/remotedesktop
• On your Android device, open the app and tap on any of your online computers to connect.
Android Authority Top 10 Best App of 2014
As Featured on CNET, LifeHacker, SlashGear, Android Police, Android Authority, Android Central, Droid Life, Android Community, Android Pit, and more!
"If you are looking for a way to add a few extra voice commands to Google Now, give Commandr a try!" - CNET
"... if you're using your phone hands free in the car, it can be a life saver" - LifeHacker
"With the 3rd-party-developed app Commandr, Google Now gets a boost" - SlashGear
"... meet Commandr, the new in-between service for flipping hardware switches in Google Now" - Android Police
Google Now Just Got Better
Now you can use Google Now to control your flashlight, toggle settings, control music playback, and much more!
Google Now Just Got Personal
Add your own custom commands through Tasker to make sure your device fits your lifestyle.
Listening to You
Vote on new commands or suggest new ones so that we are working on adding the commands you want.
Don't wait for Google! Updates will be quick and support request responses quicker.
Unify Your Smartphone
Access all the features of your device through Google Now so you don't have to remember what app does what.
Setup and Forget
Once you setup Commandr, it will always be accessible from Google Now and will only run when needed. It won't slow down your phone or your boot.
Full Android Wear Support
Either say "Okay Google" + the command to your watch or open up the full Android Wear app and tap on a command!
Commands work fully offline! (have to type instead of speak)
Command List (so far):
- Flashlight On/Off
- Wifi On/Off
- GPS On/Off (some devices)
- Bluetooth On/Off
- Wireless Hotspot On/Off
- Pause/Resume Music
- Previous/Next Song
- Read Unread SMS
- Read Last SMS From Contact
- Play Google Music Playlist
- Chatbot (for Siri-like functionality)
- Cellular Data On/Off
- Read Unread Gmail
- Raise/Lower Volume
- Silence/Unsilence Ringer
- Set Volume to Percentage
- Unlock/Lock phone
- Take a Picture
- Take a Selfie
- Shutdown (Root)
- Reboot Recovery (Root)
- Restart (Root)
- Clear Notifications (Root)
- Wolfram Alpha
- Send Whatsapp message
- Enable/Disable Rotation Lock
- Enable/Disable Sync
- Night mode (Disable wifi, data, and ringer)
- Enable/Disable Airplane Mode (Root)
- Enable/Disable Car Mode
Developer: Ryan Senanayake
Graphic Designer: Adriano Loiacono
Open Source Contributors: Aaron Disibio (firesoul453), Moksh Jawa, flyingtoaster0, Daniel Quah (emansih)
Special thanks to Moksh Jawa for his outstanding work not only in his open-source contributions, but also in his relentless marketing of the product
Source code: https://github.com/RSenApps/Commandr-Android
Do not enable Talkback Accessibility service instead of Commandr. If you do this by accident and notice an orange box around tappable items, please see the Talkback support pages to turn off the service.
Tasker (In-App): Use this for launching a single task
1. Install Commandr and Tasker - [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en[/url]
2. Navigate to Tasks and press the add button in the bottom-right
3. Configure the command and keep note of the name
4. Ensure that Tasker is enabled (icon in top left is colored)
5. Go to preferences (top-right) > Misc and check "Allow External Access"
6. In the Commandr app click Tasker
7. Find the command you created and enable it by tapping the switch top-right
8. (Optional) edit the phrase that will activate the command
Tasker (Plugin): Use this for launching multiple tasks
1. Install Commandr and Tasker - [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en[/url]
2. Under Profiles Click Add
6. Configure the phrase to listen for
7. Add tasks to profile
Few examples of the parameters you can set are:
Depending on where you are, #SAM can enable or disable automatically the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, ring alarms or display notifications.
All automatically. All SAM with #!
With #SAM you can automatically manage all this things.
It's not a dream. It's #SAM.
An example of an event that you can set with #SAM?
"When I reach home, turn WiFi on. When I leave, turn it off."
"When I reach college, set the brightness to the minimum. When I leave, to the maximum"
"When I reach the place where I work launch Skype"
Set your Favorite Places to access them quickly on the map.
Don't worry about battery drain! #SAM will never drain your battery!
To determine your position, Sam relies on Google's sophisticated and battery-caring algorithms.
#SAM is inspired by the IFTTT logic (If This Then That).
Enjoy the freedom of having all things under your control!
Bored of putting your phone on silent every time you get into the office? Tired of turning off Bluetooth to conserve battery every time juice gets low?
This app interacts with your surroundings to configure settings on your phone automatically. Combine triggers and actions to create tasks, then activate the tasks that you create with conditions that you set!
Here are examples of what you can do:
In your car: Use Bluetooth as a trigger to open GPS and launch your favorite music app
On your nightstand: Program an NFC tag to set your ringer to vibrate, dim your display and set an alarm
In your home: Configure mobile data to turn off when your phone detects your own Wifi
The current triggers are as follows:
And as part of our Pro-Upgrade we also have these additional triggers:
And here are a few examples of the actions that you can perform:
- Change WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile hotspot, airplane mode (root users in Jelly Bean and up), auto-sync, GPS (root users), and mobile data settings.
- Change your volumes or notification tones.
- Change your display brightness, timeout, auto-rotation, or notification light settings
- Check in on social media like Foursquare or Google Places
- Send messages using Twitter, SMS, Email, or Glympse
- Start or stop Applications (root required for stopping applications), dock modes, open URLs, speak text, or navigate to an address
- Set Alarms or create calendar events
This app allows you to easily program your device to do the actions you do regularly.
So go ahead and create your own combinations to automate your life. The only limit is what you can come up with!
The Wall Street Journal calls it "living in the future."
Additional actions can be found when experimental features are enabled in advanced settings. Auto lock screen and airplane mode are restricted by Android but we've created some work around solutions for these actions. (Note: They aren't 100% reliable which is why they're classed as "experimental features").
Some demos can be viewed on the application website
Note: When using NFC Tags you can create a Switch task that will toggle between two tasks with each tap.
We're always working on adding new actions to Tasks. Please get in touch if there's something you'd like to do that's not currently offered.
This application supports NFC Forum Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4 Tags as well as third party NFC Enabled tags like the MIFARE Classic, DESFire, Ultralight and Ultralight C. Now supporting read-only tags & allowing you to write any amount of data to any tag using Tagstand's cloud service. This allows you to use your tags just as you would any writable tag without worrying about size.
All permissions are listed and explained here: https://answers.tagstand.com/q/309-faq-permissions
This app uses Google Analytics for aggregate, anonymous data collection, which can be opted out of from the settings page.
Once connected, you can check your coin balance from anywhere, set financial goals, and track your spending. (Piggy) bank robber alerts are triggered by Porkfolio's accelerometer to protect your savings from shenanigans.
Download the app. Then bring home the bacon!
Our mission is to make invention accessible by bringing real peoples' product ideas to life. To take these ideas from pipe dream to finished product, our in-house designers and engineers collaborate with our online community on all aspects of development. Anyone can make their mark on Quirky.com by submitting an idea or weighing in on others. And when a product is sold, we share our revenue with each community member that had an impact.