All Current & Past Volkswagen Car Models listed including: Golf GTI/GTD/R, Golf Mark 1 to Mark 6 , Golf Plus, Passat, Passat Alltrack, Transporter T1 to T5, Scirocco, Tiguan, Eos, Touareg, Beetle old and new, Caddy, Jetta, Passat CC, Polo, UP! and many more!
Find parts, get help & advice on anything Volkswagen Car, Van or 4x4 related from other VW drivers:
✔Read & post comments on VW's
✔Need help with your VW, Just ask
✔Find Solutions to problems
✔See which VW is the best to own
✔View independent reviews and tests
✔Friendly help and advice from VW drivers
✔Post your own reviews and leave comments.
The UK & Irelands #1 Volkswagen Forum for everything related to Volkswagens. If you are thinking of buying a Volkswagen check out or forum to find out what our members have to say !
You will find a great community of Volkswagen drivers with great tips and advice on anything related to VW's.
Having a problem with your Volkswagen? Look through the forum for advice and solution’s, or feel free to post your own query.
Looking for parts for an old Volkswagen ? The forum is a great place to look for them, we have a classifieds section where you can post Volkswagen items or cars for sale or search contacts for parts you might need.
Many new members say the forum saved them time and money when they had a problem with their Volkswagen car, van or 4x4. We are a friendly bunch and the forum is free to join and use, so why not come and say hello.
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
for certain HTC/Samsung/Sony/... phones. May need ROOT access!
PLEASE VISIT www.android-rsap.com FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR PHONE AND FULL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS! YOU NEED ADDITONAL INSTALLATION STEPS TO GET THIS APP RUNNING!
USE TRIAL VERSION TO CHECK FOR COMPATIBILITY!
Important info for Nexus 5: http://forum.android-rsap.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1343
This app implements the Bluetooth SIM Access Profile as supported by car kits from Volkswagen, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Opel etc. Simply start the app once to start the background service. Then you should be able to connect to your car kit.
You can find our site on the web at http://www.clubtouareg.com
Install this FREE app and start sharing your knowledge with other Club Touareg members, owners and enthusiasts. We are looking forward to seeing you on the forums from your phone!