The Basic/EMT task of triage assessment is fully illustrated using 3D graphics and interactive exercises to reinforce key learning concepts. This lesson includes: assessing the situation, assessing the patients, numerous triage techniques, performing various first response treatments, performing secondary triage, protocols of transporting, as well as performing physical exam.
Medrills, presented by ArchieMD, provides compelling training material for preventive and general medical tasks such as obtaining IV access, performing CPR, or using an AED. The app is dedicated to an individual medical task and includes:
1. An instructional animation providing a deep understanding of the medical task.
2. Training with interactive exercises which enable practicing the task to prepare for assessment.
3. In app purchase of $1.99 for a testing section to evaluate the user’s knowledge and skill of a task. Score above 85% with no critical task failures to receive a certificate for nationally recognized 1.5 CEH credit hours certified by CECBEMS.
NOTE – IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CEH CREDIT HOURS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF : $1.99 MUST BE MADE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE. USERS WHO DO NOT PURCHASE THE CEH AND TESTING MODE MAY VIEW THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND TRAINING MODE BUT WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN A CECBEMS ACCREDITED COURSE.
CECBEMS verifies that sound education principles have been demonstrated in the development of this educational offering as evidenced by the review of its objectives, teaching plan, faculty, and program evaluation processes. CECBEMS does not endorse or support the actual opinions or material content as presented by the speaker(s) and/or sponsoring organization.
This application is in English or French, depending on the language set on your device. (Non-English and French Devices will show the English Version only). Proceeds from the sale of this App supports future development of the CTAS and its educational materials.
By using the official application, you can be assured that you are using the most current and accurate scale as developed and revised by the National Working Group.
Triage accurately! It helps patients receive the care and measures your acuity and volume against other facilities with reliability. The CTAS is used in many countries around the world for setting patient priority.
The Canadian Triage & Acuity Scale (CTAS) is a tool that enables Emergency Departments (ED) to:
• Prioritize patient care requirements
• Examine patient care processes, workload, and resource requirements relative to case mix and community needs
The CTAS allows ED nurses and physicians to:
• Triage patients according the type and severity of their presenting signs and symptoms
• Ensure that the sickest patients are seen first when ED capacity has been exceeded due to visit rates or reduced access to other services
• Ensure that a patient's need for care is reassessed while in the ED
The CTAS allows ED managers to:
• Measure the case mix (volume and acuity) of patients who visit the ED
• Determine whether the ED has an operational plan and the resources to meet patient needs
• Assess the ED's role within the hospital and health care region
The triage level assigned using the CTAS criteria is a mandatory data element to be used in all Canadian Hospital Emergency Departments for reporting to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
Training in the use of the CTAS in the clinical context is recommended before using this application to assist in clinical decision-making.
User-friendly audio language reference tool for health care professionals. Clearly spoken English and Spanish translations. Ideal for triage and anywhere a language barrier is present in medical situations.
* Spanish-to-English Translations
* Full Color Illustrations
* Female, Male, Female w/Child
* Audio provides all terms/phrases by a native speaker
* Quickly triage patients
* Enhance cultural competency
Lo ideal es poner el icono de la aplicación en un lugar visible nada más encender el móvil (como en la barra de tareas principal), de este modo si sufrimos cualquier percance que nos impida recordar, mover o en el peor de los casos que estemos inconscientes, los servicios de emergencia tendrán sus datos más relevantes en caso de que tengan que atenderle o avisar a quien usted desee.
Ideal para todas las actividades, deportes y la vida diaria.
Gracias por descargar nuestra aplicación.
This becomes especially important within developing countries such as South Africa wherein the healthy system is further strained by the growing burden of disease and increased trauma, and lacks the relevant and adequate human and technological capacity and support to effectively manage the environment.
TOMPSA has identified a critical need in this regard and is in process of developing an automated, multi-parameter diagnostic triage device and accompanying application to be used by healthcare workers. The triage device would improve triage accuracy and optimize and automate the triaging process reducing triage time and related requisite training.
Furthermore, it would capacitate healthcare workers in under resourced environments to do an effective triage assessment, as the device would facilitate an instant electronic record of triage and relay data to a centralized point in an emergency centre.
We would like to thank Michele Twomey and DGN WebSolutions (Gerco Brandwijk) for making this app possible.
Authors: Ricardo Savirón, M.D., Ana Cristina Lou, M.D. y Rosa Cornudella, M.D.