Some of the app’s distinctive features are:
• A full 12-week training plan with detailed daily workouts.
• A training plan customized to your ability level. You can choose whether you are at a beginning or intermediate level in each sport of swimming, biking and running.
• A training program also customized to your scheduling needs, allowing you to choose the one “Rest Day” a week that you want.
• Over 20 invaluable “Triathlon Tips From A Pro.”
• Comprehensive training resources, covering such topics as proper form, equipment, race strategy, workout guidelines, and nutrition.
• Track your training progress as you complete each workout.
Note: In order to be able to begin the training program, you should be able to do the following (individually, not one after another): (1) swim a total of 4 laps or 100 yards during a particular workout (this can include stops in-between laps); (2) bike for 20 minutes without stopping, at an easy, leisurely pace; and (3) run at least one mile continuously at an easy, leisurely effort.
We want to deliver a high quality application that you feel is worth 5 stars. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any bug reports, suggestions, questions or concerns. Most of all, we would love to receive a race report after you complete your triathlon!
Email us at: support@JammyCo.com
- Track their training each day and share it with the Facebook triathlon community. Training charts and calendar is kept automatically and is printable.
- See who else on Facebook is doing the same triathlons and directly ask them questions
- Keep a race portfolio with upcoming and completed races
- Update their Facebook and Twitter status with their training in real-time
- Finisher's photos and the Wall of Fame
- etc. etc.
* IronApp for Android interfaces with the Facebook App and requires an active Facebook account
** We have priced IronApp for Android in order to make ongoing improvements and make it better for you. Currently it is a basic model but is perfect for adding daily training and photos and accessing relevant articles and videos. Soon it will have more features and be comparable to our Facebook app. Remember: This app only costs the price of 2 gels.. **
Created by triathletes for triathletes, Triathlon Calculator is an easy to use tool for estimating:
1. Race times for triathlons and duathlons
2. Each race leg times
3. Converting run pace into run times
4. Converting bike speed into bike time
5. Estimating caloric needs
6. Estimating caloric intake start and stop times
7. Emailing estimate reports
8. Standard/Imperial or Metric Support
The following race formats are supported:
1. Full Iron distance (as in Ironman race)
2. Half-iron distance (as in Ironman 70.3 race)
3. Olympic distance (as in Standard course)
4. Sprint distance
Keywords: triathlon, duathlon, ironman
Fully customizable triathlon training plans. After creating plans from templates, you will be able to add, delete and move training activities within a training week. What is more, you can generate plan summary reports and email your on-going plans.
Megathlon can be configured to use km/meters or miles/yards. Furthermore, it provides supporting tools for your training such as heart rate zones calculator, a plan exporter and race checklist. Another useful tool that can be acquired is the Training fatigue calculator which basically allows you to project your current capabilities over greater distances, review results and export them to spreadsheet and send it via email.
Note that some triathlon training program templates and tools are given away for free and others can be acquired in the Megathlon In-app store. There is a preview option available for triathlon training programs and tools.
One of the most exciting features is a widget that displays your current plan and today's training activities. On a single tap will lead you to the current training week. Free of charge.
Training program life cycle
The following training programs are free: Half Sprint Triathlon (Easy), Sprint Triathlon (Easy) and Sprint Aquathlon (Easy). Also the following tools are free: Heart rate zones calculator and plan exporter. The rest can be acquired through the in-app store.
Buy 2 or more Triathlon Training Programs and get the 'Race Checklist' Tool free of charge.
Buy 3 or more and you get 'Training Fatigue Calculator'.
openBiz Solutions commits to fixing any issues that could arise as soon as possible
It loads in a training plan in XML format and asks you for the race date (which is assumed to be the last day of the training plan)
it will then show you the current week of the training plan with today highlighted.
you can scroll through the weeks of the training plan to see what sessions are coming up.
There are some basic built in plans.
Plans can be created/downloaded and put in the "/sdcard/TrainingPlans" directory, then they can be selected from within the app.
With a single click, convert between miles and kilometers. At the same time speed is calculated automatically!
Inside, find *inspiration and advice from elite triathletes, *cutting-edge advice to improve your swimming, running, biking, fitness level & nutrition, *location spotlights on the coolest places to train and compete, *sound advice on how to make being a triathlete work in our busy world (whether you have a family, travel a lot for business, etc).
Triathlon Lifestyle Magazine Subscription available: A single issue for $4.99 (non-subscription), 1-month subscription for $3.99, automatically renewed until canceled, 12-month subscription $29.99. Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of your purchase.
Like a cycling personal trainer in your pocket, Graeme Street, recognized cycling fitness expert and owner of Cyclo-CORE.com will be updating new cycling and triathlon related info for you EVERYDAY in the App, so come back often for more.
This iCyclo App includes:
-Weekly Youtube Video Podcasts, Tips, and Training Expertise.
-Weekly Podcasts from Everyday Cyclist Podcast.
-Connect to thousands of other Cyclists and triathletes through our FB, twitter, and RSS feed and CYCLO90 Challenge where you can WINweekly prizes for sharing info about YOUR TRAINING.
-Get One-on-One Guidance for Your Cycling through the MyCyclo feature on the iCyclo App where Graeme himself will evaluate your cycling needs and make recommendations and suggestions to help you achieve your goal.
iCyclo is more than an App--it's your #1 cycling companion!
Track workouts--runs, walks, bike rides and other sports--on a map. View 25 heart-pounding stats as you sweat: time, speed, calories, distance. Privately store and analyze training sessions at allsportgps.com. Find places to train and share your weight loss workouts with our fitness community and on Facebook.
AllSport GPS PRO uses the GPS in your Android phone. No cell or data signals are required to see where, how far, how fast, or how many calories you burned.
With AllSport GPS PRO on Android, you can:
• Track bicycle rides, runs, walks, skiing, and other workouts. AllSport GPS works for single sport or multi-sport athletes training for a triathlon.
• View your progress and exact location on street, aerial, and topographical maps. Preload free offline topo maps, aerial photos, and road maps on your SD card so you can view maps in remote areas on mountain bike rides, trail runs, road bike routes, etc.
• Shoot video and photos. Collect memories as you go. Save videos to your YouTube account too.
• Check five-day weather reports. See today's temperature, heat index, humidity, and wind speed.
• Train for 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon races. Keep track of your charity workouts, walking and running events, and cycling events.
• Use AllSport GPS to build muscles, burn fat, and watch your calorie counter graphs grow.
• Collect 25 on the go stats (time, speed, distance, pace) and boost your heart rate.
• View elevation and speed profiles.
• Share workouts and cardio training sessions on allsportgps.com, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Access editor-approved rides by Bicycling magazine and shared community trips.
• Race against your previous workouts, beat friends, or other community members to better your personal records.
• Use built-in training programs on your phone
• Record lap times and create interval programs
• Listen to music or play Pandora as you train.
TESTED BY REAL USERS
This app is the result of close collaboration between athletes, longtime app users, and beta testers. All Sport GPS Pro costs only a fraction of expensive fitness watches, standalone GPS units, and other sports tracker devices. It's also a great fitness app to supplement any men's health or women's training guides you might be following.
HONORS & PRAISES
"...Users rave about its capabilities." One of the 8 best Android apps for Health and Fitness. --Mashable.com
"Tracking your workouts helps keep you motivated to do them. And this fitness tracker makes it easy, logging your distance, counting calories, and keeping track of time as you work out." --Shape magazine
"...One of the best interfaces imaginable for helping you keep track of basic information regarding your fitness workout." --bestapps.com
"...kill two birds with one stone: Make that cell phone you always carry double as a powerful GPS unit with a host of useful tools to map rides, record data and even trade routes and virtually race against others." --Bicycling magazine
* Discover what the #1 key is to sports nutrition.
* Learn what the carbohydrates rule is.
* What essential nutrient your body needs the most.
* Find out how to plan you meals for your essential nutrition.
* Discover exactly what foods can hurt your nutrition needs.
* Learn what supplements you should be taking for you desired activity.
* Find out exactly what sports nutrition is and how it can help you.
* Discover what all the major aspects of sports nutrition are.
* Learn exactly how much water is the right amount of water consumption for your body.
* Find out the correct way you should be consuming water to your benefit.
* Discover what you should be drinking for optimal sports nutrition.
* Learn a plan for successful diet management for your nutrition.
* Discover what foods you should be eating for optimal sports nutrition.
* Plus much More!
What keeps a triathlon athlete going in spite of the heat and long hours of vigorous physical activity is a properly hydrated and fueled body. In endurance sports, nutrition is equivalent to keeping oneself hydrated at all times, especially during the game. If you don’t give yourself the proper nutrition it needs, your game performance will suffer.
Sports that require special attention to endurance nutrition (and thus help you level up your performance) are: running, swimming, triathlon, cycling, rowing, mountain biking, adventure racing, cross-country skiing, mountaineering and trekking.
Let us say that you have prepared yourself for an endurance sport. Your nutrition focuses on giving you enough fuel to last you a day of vigorous physical activity. You eat foods rich in protein to keep your muscles fit for the game and carbohydrates to give you enough energy and fuel your muscles to run fast, steady, and consistently. What else can you do to perform much better in endurance sports?
Here are some endurance sports nutrition suggested by athletes and trainers:
Endurance Sports Nutrition Tip – Hydrate Yourself
1. Start the day with a full tank of water.
Athletes don’t eat during a game. But they do drink water. Studies show, of which common people now know, that humans can last a month without eating but will die immediately without water for 3 days to one week. That is how important water is to our body.
Hydration is the key to winning endurance sports competition. And drinking water before the game starts puts you in a great head start.
2. Hydrate yourself regularly during the game.
Drink often during the game. Most endurance sports nutrition guide books will tell you the same thing. Athletes in endurance sports sweat off two quarts of water per hour especially in hot and humid weather. So, you must drink at least four up to eight ounces of water every fifteen to twenty minutes. Sports drink may also replace water.
Here’s some tips that endurance sports nutrition guide books may not have told you: to know when it is time to gulp on your water or sports drink bottle, set your timer to alarm every 15 or 20 minutes within 24 hours.
Freeze your drinking bottles and then pack them up in insulated foams to keep it cool. Even if you don’t sweat still do gulp down the liquid in your drinking bottle. You may not know it and may not notice it but you may have sweat more than you think of.
sports nutrition books
sports nutrition supplements
sports and nutrition
sports nutrition articles
sports nutrition protein
sports nutrition course
sports nutrition for women
sports nutrition guide
sports nutrition supplement
sports nutrition diet
what is sports nutrition
endurance sports nutrition
sports nutrition courses
Track your rides with GPS, analyze your performance, join Challenges and see how you stack up against friends.
TRACK YOUR RIDES WITH GPS
• View the map of your ride as you record
• Get key stats like distance, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate data from Zephyr HxM Bluetooth sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and earn King or Queen of the Mountain honors
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• See how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Find and invite your friends via Facebook
• Motivate your friends with kudos and and comments
• Share your rides on Facebook and Twitter
FIND PLACES TO RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Get even more feedback on your training with heart rate analysis, power zone analysis, advanced segment effort comparison and Suffer Score calculations
• Level the playing field with leaderboards filtered by age and weight
• Hear your results immediately after completing a segment
• See a list of your friends currently out riding or running
• Make your indoor training count with access to structured workout videos
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT STRAVA
“Strava, a website and app, has brilliantly tapped the power of GPS...to change the way millions ride.” - The Independent
“Strava’s phone app lets you get competitive any time you want. It ranks a user’s performance and compares it over specific courses to thousands of other athletes, with a worldwide leaderboard.” - Triathlete Magazine
“...Chart everything from estimated watts to total elevation gain for the year...quickly find the most competitive routes and see how their toughest climbs rate...” - Outside Magazine
NOTE ON GPS SUPPORT:
Strava depends on GPS for recording activities. In some devices, the GPS does not work properly and Strava will not record effectively. If your Strava recordings show poor location estimation behavior, please try to update the operating system to the most recent version. We recommend running Android version 2.3.3 or above. Furthermore, there are some devices which have consistently poor performance with no known remedies. On these devices we restrict installation of Strava, for example Nexus One and HTC Hero. See our support site for more information: https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/21109252-Does-Strava-3-x-run-on-my-Android-device-
With a single click, convert between miles and kilometers. At the same time speed is calculated automatically!
More from developer
User can view upcoming races and race results powered by the RR:360 results engine™. View and track athlete results, race information, connect with Facebook/Twitter and much more.
Contact us today to have your event listed in our app or develop one for you!
RaceResults 360 - connecting experiences™
Want to know your results without fighting the crowd? Download the app and receive preliminary results.
This is how it works…
1. The timer generates preliminary results at the race site.
2. Then they begin uploading data to the app.
3. Once data is uploaded at race site…you can then view it on your phone!
If results aren’t available, bear with us. The timer is likely processing it.
Have additional questions, please contact email@example.com