Hal Higdon's many accomplishments include:
* Author of 35 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and a new novel, Marathon
* Completed over 111 marathons and has won four overall victories and numerous age-group firsts
* Holds the current M40 and M45 American records for the steeplechase
* Is one of the founders of Round Runners Club of America
* Has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer
ABOUT THE TRAINING PLAN - NOVICE 2
This Novice 2 Half Marathon Training Program is designed both for beginning runners who want to prepare for their first 13.1-mile race, but also for experienced runners interested in a fail safe program that will allow them to excel without making excessive demands upon their time.
Novice 2 is designed for those who have been running a while, who may even have finished a 5-K or 10-K, thus a half marathon presents the next step upward. There is slightly more mileage in Novice 2, just enough to guarantee a higher level of readiness.
Before starting to train for a half marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. If you are over age 35, you probably should see your doctor for a physical exam, but assuming no major health problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 13.1-mile race.
The training plan assumes you have the ability to run 3 miles, three to four times a week. If that seems difficult, consider a shorter distance for your first race. You can try our best selling Ease into 5K app which will prepare you to run 3 miles three times a week.
* Novice 2 Plan
* Twelve weeks long
* Run four days a week
* Cross train one day a week
* Rest two days a week
* Three regular runs a week + one long run each week
* Long runs range from 4 to 12 miles
* The plan finishes with the 1/2 marathon on race day
* You can set Saturday or Sunday race day
* Hal Higdon's voice will encourage you during your runs
* Distance and pace automatically tracked with built in GPS
* Metric units support
* Training schedule at your fingertips
* See dates for recommended 5K and 10K races during your training
* Set your training start date based on the race date
* Home screen shows a visual indicator of your training progress
* Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app
* Half point alert, letting you know when to turn back
* Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from your app
* Lock Buttons feature prevents accidental button activation during workouts
* Excellent customer support
* Journal screen lets you document your run
* See your run on a map
* Sync your runs with TrainingPeaks software online directly from your mobile device
* See distance and average pace in the List
* The List view shows the cumulative distance you have run with the app
* The List view shows your fastest mile from all your workouts
* Journal entry screen allows for easier data entry with larger fields
* For treadmill runs you can easily input your treadmill speed and it will be converted into minute per mile (or kilometer) pace
* You can change the workout day in the journal entry
Because this app needs accurate location information, this app requires a device with a GPS antenna.
More from developer
User can view upcoming races and race results powered by the RR:360 results engine™. View and track athlete results, race information, connect with Facebook/Twitter and much more.
Contact us today to have your event listed in our app or develop one for you!
RaceResults 360 - connecting experiences™
Want to know your results without fighting the crowd? Download the app and receive preliminary results.
This is how it works…
1. The timer generates preliminary results at the race site.
2. Then they begin uploading data to the app.
3. Once data is uploaded at race site…you can then view it on your phone!
If results aren’t available, bear with us. The timer is likely processing it.
Have additional questions, please contact email@example.com