• Map view using the mapsforge vector maps
• Offline route calculation
• Offline radius search for cities and streets
• Offline local search by type, for example, accommodation, sport, tourism ...
• Online mapquest address search, needs inet connection
• Alternative route calculation with MapQuest, needs inet connection, useful for large distances
• Show map way up or north up
• 2.5D map view, map tilting
• Display maps with contourlines
• GPS Logging, log can be stored as kml or gpx file
• Import KML and GPX routes
• Export routes as kml file
• Elevation and velocity charts
The integrated map download covers the areas of
• The Alps
• Italy including Rome, Sardinia, Sicily and Ischia
• Eastern parts of France including Paris
• The Mediterranean coast of Tunisia
• The Mediterranean coast of Turkey
Map packages are divided into one degree square tiles.
More maps for GpsTicker3 are available as app in Google play
The limitation of maps download can be removed by in app purchases or the paid GpsTicker3 upgrade. The first two maps can be downloaded for free. After 4 in app purchases the download is unlimited.
• Vector maps rendering: http://www.mapsforge.org und http://www.nutiteq.com
• Route calculation: http://graphhopper.com
• Charts: http://androidplot.com
Subscribe to GpsTicker3 Google Group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gpsticker3/join
S naší aplikací již nezabloudíte - ukáže Vám, kde se nacházíte a provede Vás stezkou nebo navede na Vámi vybraný bod zájmu. V aplikaci je již zmapováno více než 1100 stezek a každým dnem přibývají nové.
Veškeré Vaše náměty na vylepšení či připomínky pište na email email@example.com
UB guide system
- Locate and display address at your current position.
- Open Google Map at your current position
- Open Google Street View at your current position (if available)
- Share your current location with one click.
- Allow you to search for address and display map and street view on its location. Also you can trick your friends sharing this location and just watch their comments :)
- Give information of GPS status (if enabled) and position accuracy.
- Give your current position Latitude, Longitude, Altitude and movement speed. It is able to copy this information and paste in other applications in necessary
Why to use GPS Address Locator :
Minimum internet traffic is necessary to display address at your location. Most of the navigation applications are showing map, generating huge amount of internet traffic. In some cases when you are in roaming for example, this can cost money. Imagine you are in a foreign city and you already found the street of the address you need to visit.
Sometimes it is hard to find the building number especially when they are not written on the buildings. GPS Address Locator is able to give you this information in very simple way. Just start the application. No need to browse menus or switch to different screens. Sharing your position is done with just one click on a button.
GPS Address Locator can not propose any functionality missing in other navigation applications. Its benefits are :
- Simple GUI
- Easy to use
- Low traffic. Show maps only by user request.
- Sharing in all social network applications installed on device.
VERY IMPORTANT !!!
This application use Google services which in some cases needs restart of your device in order to work properly.
If you have problems with application on start (It display No Internet connection), please restart your device and try again.
Up to 20% of Android phones in the US struggle to get a GPS location fix in Airplane mode, even when most of these phones are capable of getting a GPS location outside of cell coverage range. This was not an intentional design decision, it is the result of a firmware/hardware bug in these phones. If you have never had this problem, you probably don't need this app.
This app was created by Daniel Butler, a National Java programming champion. We are fortunate to have him contributing to the Android community.
This app is an on demand service that works in conjunction with any app that requests GPS location. For offline, backcountry navigation, you are welcome to try BackCountry Navigator.
When Airplane mode is on, and a GPS location is requested, the app passively monitors satellite status. If no satellite signal is received after a certain number of seconds, the app temporarily turns off Airplane mode until the GPS starts properly. This would be tedious to do manually, which is why we are offering this app to do it automatically.
It is still considered experimental because we don't know what devices it will be helpful for.
This app has been tested on:
It is expected to be helpful on
*Motorola Droid X
*Motorola Droid II
And possibly others.
It is not expected to be needed on:
Motorola Droid 3
Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid Bionic
Most HTC devices.
For that reason, the app shows up in the market only for a limited set of devices at this time. We can add to that as people identify other devices with an airplane mode bug.
To discover if your phone is a candidate:
Turn Airplane mode on.
Request location in an app such as BackCountry Navigator that uses GPS location (not network location).
Wait up to five minutes for the GPS location to arrive.
If it does, you probably don't need this app.
If not turn airplane mode off and wait a few minutes.
If you then get a GPS location, you probably need this app.
If you still don't get a location, well, this ap doesn't promise to fix every possible GPS problem - try rebooting.
This app does require some permissions to do its job:
*Write System Settings is required to switch Airplane mode on and off. It is the only setting we alter.
*Internet access is not used during operation, but it is used so you can anonymously send a report of whether it worked on your device.
*Access Fine Location is necessary so that we can check whether you receive GPS Satellite data. We don't actually check the location, only whether you are getting data or not.
This application is simple to operate. Just click the Blue button and start running, biking, hiking or kicking ass in the activity of your choice.