radio reddit was created by musicians who wanted a place where all music was given a fair chance to be heard. Where pay-for-play, label preference, and underhand deals were done away with. Where listeners were in control.
With this app you can:
- listen to the different streams.
- vote on and submit songs if you have a reddit account.
- [PRO ONLY] download songs to your phone.
- [PRO ONLY] listen to music from the top ten charts of all time/month/week/day.
- [PRO ONLY] replay songs that you've recently heard in the streams.
By getting this full version of the app you will also help supporting radio reddit, making sure we can continue to provide a place for independent musicians to be heard. 25% of sales go directly to radioreddit.com
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for determing network connectivity changes while streaming
android.permission.BROADCAST_STICKY: used for background service
android.permission.INTERNET: required for all interaction with reddit and radio reddit
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: stops music playback when a phone call is received
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: used for background service (keeps wifi on while streaming)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: used to download songs to phone
RPlaylister is the official Android version of Reddit Playlister (http://redditplayer.phoenixforgotten.com). It brings the core functionality of the website natively to your Android device, removing the need for Flash or a browser to listen to the music posted to Reddit.
- A comprehensive and categorised list of music oriented subreddits
- The ability to select one, or many, subreddits so that you can pick any combination of music you like
- Separate views for the playlist and for what's currently playing
- Can run in the background so you can listen to music while you use other apps
- Shuffle mode
- An option to disable video links to help limit data usage
- An option to attempt higher quality video links
- Track artwork is retrieved and displayed (videos aren't displayed at this time)
More features to come in the future!
You can quit the RPlaylister by bringing it to the foreground and pressing the back button on your device.
Browse all the music sub-reddit and click on the genre of your choice. Wait for the playlist to load and let the music to stream. To play music in background press the home key and to exit the application press the back key. Other functionality includes pause, forward, rewind, shuffle.
* INTERNET - To stream music
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" - To check network connectivity
* VIBRATE - To vibrate on long press
With a beautiful home screen widget support, control music from your launcher workspace. Long click on the workspace then go to widgets and select "Reddit Music"
Already a Jango listener? Great! Just log in to access your existing stations, and create new ones right from your mobile device.
"I'm in love with Jango" - USA Today
"Straightforward and easy to navigate" - Wall Street Journal
"Refreshingly simple online radio" - CNet
"Makes it fun to discover new music" - PC World
Jango Radio Features:
- Free, unlimited listening on desktop and mobile
- Create custom radio stations with the artists you love
- Tune in to 100's of expertly curated stations in dozens of genres, from dance and country to holiday music and hits by decade
- Fine-tune your stations by adding or banning artists
- Share stations with your friends on Facebook
- Listen as much as you want at low, medium or high quality
- Save stations to listen again on your device or at www.jango.com
- Available for any device running Android 2.1 or newer
More from developer
This one is actually much better than the official application though. It also displays a list of songs played in the last hour with album art! It now includes listings of various x96 podcasts which can be streamed as well!
Please note that I'm not affiliated with x96 (KXRK) in any way. I just wanted to listen to their station and podcasts on my phone. For more information about x96, visit their site at http://www.x96.com/
For those of you without access to Google Play on your Android device, I'd rather have you download the .apk directly from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/121618/x96%20Player%20v1.2.apk than through some other potentially unsafe service
* Read phone status and identity: Used to automatically pause playback when you get a call and resume playback after that call ends
* Full network access: Used to retrieve song/podcast listings, album art, and audio streams
* View network connections: Used to provide better error messages when no connection is available