The WeatherPhilippines App offers accurate local weather forecasts for the Philippine Islands. With currently 750 automated weather stations (AWS) deployed across the country (eventually 1,000 AWS), you get to make the most out of every day with localized weather data that matters to you - from sunny days to inclement weather.
With this app, WeatherPhilippines Foundation offers the following features, helping you become #WeatherWiser:
- Free, accurate and localized weather information from more than 750 Automated Weather Stations in the Philippines.
- Colors and warnings based on world meteorological standards.
- Easy overview of your selected locations’ weather information.
- Customizable labels per location.
- Detailed 5-day weather forecasts for each selected location.
- Track the incoming Philippine typhoons and other tropical cyclones and determine the affected areas
- Weather information can be shared via email and social media.
WeatherPhilippines Foundation is a corporate social responsibility initiative of the Aboitiz Group, in partnership with Union Bank. It is a trusted and reliable private weather information organization that aims to reduce disaster risks in the country by providing free, critical weather forecasts to the Filipino public.
PAGASA reports remain as the official data; WeatherPhilippines only seeks to complement government’s efforts in enhancing the country’s disaster resilience.
This CSR initiative of WeatherPhilippines is made possible through the financial resources of the following platinum donors: SM Supermalls, ICTSI, Vista Land, NickelAsia, LBC, the Ayala Group and La Filipina Uy Gongco.
WeatherPhilippines aims to disseminate weather information among a wider network of communities through Globe Telecom, Inc., the official telecommunications partner of WeatherPhilippines.