Mapix is an easy-to-use, full featured Marine ChartPlotter and Navigation Tool.
Don't get lost or run aground again!
NEW TO MAPIX?
To get started, see section "Taking Mapix for a Test Drive" in the Users Manual available at http://mapix.us/mapix/manual
HAVE A PROBLEM?
If you have a problem installing, setting up or using Mapix, please contact us - it's probably something simple. See "NEED HELP?" below for contact info.
• You can use any of over 2500 FREE nautical charts published by the U.S. government (NOAA) and available on our web site at http://mapix.us/mapix/maps. A visual catalog of charts can be viewed at http://mapix.us/mapix/viscat.html (best viewed on your home PC).
• No ads, subscription fees or in-app purchases.
• No Internet connection required except for chart downloading. Then navigate without an Internet connection
• No Tiling: Each chart is a full NOAA nautical chart. Quick refresh: < 0.5 sec after chart is opened.
• Automatically track your current GPS position to keep you near the center of the displayed chart.
• Zoom In and Zoom Out by double-tapping on a chart
• Add custom Way Points at your current position, a marked position, or at a custom latitude/longitude
• Create Routes by connecting Way Points
• Navigate to any Way Point or along any Route. You will be shown a steering arrow and distance to the next Way Point. Just keep the steering arrow at 12 o'clock and you're good to go!
• Drop Bread Crumbs at user-specified intervals to see your location history.
• Save Current Way Points & Routes to an "overlay" file for later recall.
• "Man Overboard" function to mark location of Man Overboard and
automatically navigate back to that location.
• Toolbar for quick access to common operations.
• On-Screen Speedometer.
• Latitude and Longitude can be displayed or entered in either decimal degrees or degrees & minutes.
• Works on Android phones and tablets (Looks spectacular on tablets!). Phone need not be activated if you download app and maps via Wifi.
• Context-sensitive help for every screen.
• Built-in help gives "How-To"s for frequently used actions.
• A full Users Manual is available on our web site at http://mapix.us/mapix/manual
Mapix is a great reference tool for navigation, but responsible seamanship requires the use of official charts. Use Mapix, or any other navigation app only over waters known to be navigable. Your best friends are your eyeballs and your depth-finder!
Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like a callback, include your phone number. We want to make you happy, so give us your questions, comments, suggestions or gripes! We will respond within 24 hours, usually within just a few hours.
V*.**: Many users of Android v6.0 (Marshmallow) report problems with all GPS apps on Marshmallow.
See http://mapix.us/mapix/marshmallow.html for details.
V1.01: In some cases, Mapix fails to list freshly downloaded charts for selection. Workaround: exit Mapix & restart. Fixed in V1.02+
V1.02: GPS time is off by several seconds on some devices, causing fixes to appear "stale". Fixed in V1.03+