Keeping track of your sleep can help you figure out what factors affect your sleep, on both good nights and bad nights. The Sleep Advisor application was created by licensed psychologist and board certified sleep specialist, Dr. Stephanie Silberman. As a sleep psychologist and author of the Insomnia Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Sleep You Need, Dr. Silberman incorporated components of the cognitive behavioral therapy treatment model for insomnia into the Sleep Advisor app. By using this sleep application, you can begin to see if there are certain patterns in your sleep and what relationship they may have to daytime activities. The sleep application is intended to track behaviors that are associated with both good sleep and poor sleep and to provide users with valuable sleep tips in order to improve their sleep. By receiving feedback about behaviors that may be contributing to sleepless nights, the Sleep Advisor app can help users make positive changes in their lives and in their sleep patterns.
Insomnia is a very common sleep problem for adults. According to the National Sleep Foundation, it is estimated that 30% of the general population complains of difficulty sleeping at night on a regular basis, while over 50% of people surveyed reported having symptoms of insomnia sometime in the past year. Not getting a good night’s sleep can affect your mood, physical health, and cognitive functioning. The Sleep Advisor application uses sleep logs, along with useful tips, and information on good sleep hygiene, to help promote a better understanding of your sleep. The graphs give users a visual picture of the reported sleep time, while alerts provide users with real-time tips when entering data. The Sleep Advisor application is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about their sleep and ways to improve it.
Use Sleep Advisor to:
- Access important information regarding sleep related topics
- Add activities throughout your day and night
- Add activities in any time range and chronological order as they take place
- Add activities that involuntarily interrupt your sleep
- Add an activity at exactly the same time when eating a snack, or drinking a cup of coffee
- Track activities added in Calendar and Timeline view
- Understand how activities performed during a certain hour can affect your sleep
- Understand how consuming certain products during a certain hour can affect your sleep
- View graph of time slept and caffeine consumption
- Track average time spent on activities and consumption of certain products that affect your sleep on a weekly and monthly basis
- Understand how your activities are shaping your sleeping architecture
- Plan accordingly to improve your sleep hygiene
- Gain access to instructions, video tutorial and app support
Better yet, it's time to take action and start getting the sleep you deserve!