Android browser does not allow to manually add bookmarklet, therefore I made this app to help you and me enjoy reading on the web.
Once you've installed this app, open the app and press "add bookmarklet" button, then open the normal browser to surf any site.
When you want to use readability function, open the newly added
readability bookmark from your browser's menu.
NEW: use new bookmark from readability.com , thanks Richard Greis.
You can use the app to remove the old bookmark then add a new one.
The script is based on opensource project
keywords: readability bookmarklet plugin extension
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
ReadIt is an Android client for readability users. Sync articles with your account for offline reading and add new urls to your collection. Completely redesigned interface for modifying the appearance of articles using android buttons.
The source is available at:
Here are some of the main features of the ReadIt client:
database stores articles for offline reading
users dont have to cache/open before they are stored
complete offline reading experience
storing bookmark/article details in local sqlite database greatly reduces online web queries
save data fees for users
less queries to webserver
minimal database entries checks last updated date
webview holds scroll position and styles on rotation changed
completely redesigned controls for best Android experience
easier to click
ability to disable images
ability to disable links
progress bar for webview
progress dialog show status for sync
errors when internet connection not available
error message for invalid url
special ime for entering urls (no suggestions, go button on soft keyboard does the same action as clicking the read button)
all connections to webview happend in background task to prevent forceclosing
handlers to perform tasks in background and still have progress dialog in main thread
custom dialog to add bookmarks
inside webview show change in color to signify option clicked (text size, width, style)
toggle existing archive/favorite button
separate menu panel for authorized users and guests (option to read later changed)
different sized icons for phones with different pixel densities
compatible with android 1.6+
And here is some information about Readability taken directly from their website:
"Readability is a web & mobile app that zaps online clutter and saves web articles in a comfortable reading view. No matter where you are or what device you use, your reading will be there.
Readability offers a new way to compensate writers and publishers without punishing readers. 70% of all membership fees go directly to the people who make the content."
1.Easy way to read techmeme links
2.Links can be shared via Facebook,Twitter,
3.Less time to load the content
It's based upon TextOnly Browser for Android.
TextOnly Browser - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.spacenext.textonly
Browser version - http://www.textonly.in
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: 9th Nov - Feedly service is down. http://blog.feedly.com/2013/11/09/service-not-available-working-on-fix/
You need to register with the services to use this app.
*** D7 Reader Pro (ad-free paid version: faster & less memory footage) is available in the market ***
rss | atom | news | podcast | feedly | the old reader
A simple, fast and powerful RSS client for Android, lets you to access your reading list and manage your subscriptions with ease from a native application, which is always in sync with the chosen reader service. It can also support listening to podcasts or downloading them for later use. Embedded videos cab be watched in-app if the device supports plugins (enable in preferences).
Note: App features are limited to the chosen reader service.
*** This is an online reader; no offline reading is supported except the saved articles and podcasts.
keywords: rss atom podcast feedly google reader news feed subscription share newspaper search podcast facebook twitter google+ old reader
* Simple, functional and fast
* No Lags what so ever
* Supports Feedly cloud, The Old Reader
* Utilizes low network traffic
* Podcast support (download/play)
* Mobilized articles
* Add new subscription directly from the browser
* Search for articles (depends on reader service support)
* Feed discovery and subscription
* Recommended articles (depends on reader service support)
* Theme support (dark/light)
* (Social) Sharing support (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Pocket (RIL), Readability, SMS and more)
* Home (dashboard)
- Quick access links to different sections of the app
- Reading list/Subscriptions/Starred/Read items
- Recommended items
- Feed search
- Saved items
- Account switch
- Clean and friendly subscriptions and labels/tags management
- Add new subscription (Using search or direct add)
- Remove subscription
- Add/Remove labels to/from subscriptions
- Rename label/tag
- Delete a label/tag
- Search for articles in labels/tags and subscriptions
* Articles list
- Articles in a list format
- Filter articles: show all or new items (configure in preferences)
- Add/remove star (use swipe actions, if enabled)
- Mark as read or keep unread
- Mark multiple as read (all, visible or above items)
- Search for articles
- Swipe actions (set in preferences)
- Pocket/Readability support
* Recommended items
- From chosen reader service
- Subscribe to interesting feeds from here
* Article (full) view
- Better mobile readability and user experience (horizontal scrolling is not necessary for most articles)
- Navigate between articles using Nav bar, Swipe or Volume key: set in preferences
- One click add/remove star
- One click Keep-unread/Mark as read
- Share in Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Email or SMS
- Add to Pocket/Readability
- Mobilize original article (powered by Google/Instapaper/Readibility)
- View original article in browser
- Open any internal links within the in-app mobilizer (no need to leave the app)
- Save article (rss or mobilized) for offline reading
- listen to podcasts or download for later use
- Open Youtube videos in Youtube app
- Support for video playback (enable plugins in preferences)
- Full screen mode (PRO only)
* Saved items
- a list of saved (in sd card) articles
- listen to downloaded podcasts
* Home screen Widget
- Shows unread count
- Refresh interval can be configured
- Does not update when the phone is in stand by (save battery power when screen is off)
* Set clear cache on exit (preferences) to save SD card space
* And many more
Add blogs and publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company and many more by using the search bar or tapping the red ribbon to open the Content Guide. You can also connect your social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Google+ to see what friends are posting and easily share articles with them.
Save the things you find on Flipboard. Tap the “+” button to collect items into your own magazines on any topic, from Great Hikes to Gear & Gadgets. Go to the Content Guide and select “By Our Readers” to explore magazines others are making.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
★ All your news, interests and social updates in one personalized magazine.
★ Save stories you love into your own magazine. Use the “+” button on any item, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
★ Search for anything—people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favorite sites—and flip through the results in a beautiful magazine format.
★ Connect Flipboard to up to 12 social networks, streamlining your reading and activities like commenting, liking and sharing. Services include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, 500px, SoundCloud, Sina Weibo and Renren.
★ Read Cover Stories for a quick check on what’s happening now. Cover Stories is created just for you and is filled with popular items from everything you’ve added to your Flipboard.
★ Enjoy Flipboard in 18 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, U.S. and U.K.
★ Explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
★ Use the Flipboard widget for quick access on your Android device.
★ Add content to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard or Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+Flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page: http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, we're here to help. Please send us an email to: email@example.com.
You tailor feedly to your tastes by creating a collection of the sites you love to read - blogs, magazines, journals, and more.
Feedly is an RSS news reader re-imagined for android phones and tablets. It makes browsing faster and more fun: the content of your rss feeds, news sites and blogs are transformed into pocket-sized cards which load very fast and are easy to browse.
The feedly UI is custom tailored for a 4" phone, a 7" tablet and a 10" tablet. If you run feedly on a tablet, you will get an experience which is very close to a personalized magazine: a really fun way to track and read your favorite blogs.
When you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.
Feedly makes sharing content on twitter, facebook and google+ very simple, either directly or using Buffer. Feedly also integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
1. See the same clean look wherever you use Feedspot - on mobile, tablet or web.
2. Supports key productivity features like Tagging, Folder organization, Keyboard shortcuts, List view & Expanded view, Sorting and more.
3. Search articles within your feeds. Find exactly what you are looking for in half the time with Advanced Search Filters.
4. Track News using KEYWORDS
5. Experience screaming fast page loads for your feeds and folders. Your feeds are always updated. New items appear in your feed within minutes they are published on the original site.
6. Automatically post your Favorites to Facebook, Twitter, Pocket, Bufferapp, Readability, Instapaper, Evernote and more.
7. Get RSS feed for all your favorites, shared items,tags and folders.
8. Follow friends and see interesting items shared by them.
9. Subscribe to unlimited number of feeds
10. Share Folders with your friends and Family via Email or on your choice of social network.
11.Get instant notifications on your desktop for arriving articles
12.Share articles directly by Email or via Pocket, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Delicious, Evernote, Instapaper, Readability, Hatena and more.
13.Easily organize your subscriptions in folders and articles in tags
Paper Mache requires a paid, $1/month subscription to the Instapaper service - does not work with a free Instapaper account.
* Text view of pages, optimized for your screen.
* Articles are available Offline.
* Synchronization with website and across devices.
* Scrolling and Paged mode reading.
* Remembers reading postion of each article and syncs between devices.
* Configurable font, text size, spacing and margin.
* Light and Dark viewing modes.
* Custom folders.
* Browse feeds and add articles directly in app.
* Search to find your articles.
* Mark articles as "Liked".
Issues being addressed:
* Touch interface improvements to scrolling and sliding.
* Some 2.x phones fail to initialize storage, causing the app to hang on launch
* Optimize for high resolution devices like the Galaxy Nexus.
Android version of the very well regarded Instapaper service.
Not affliated with Instapaper.
Currently available in English.