Join over 1 million health care professionals worldwide who use Epocrates in the moments of care:
• Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
• Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
• Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
• Access timely medical news and research information
• Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
• Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
• Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
• New! Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging
In addition, disease information, clinical practice guidelines, alternative medications, lab guides, coding and more content is available by upgrading to an Epocrates Plus subscription.
Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
UpToDate® Anywhere registrants and Individual subscribers can now answer their clinical questions anytime, anywhere by downloading this app onto an Android™ phone or tablet.
UpToDate is the leading clinical decision support resource with evidence-based clinical information – including drug topics and recommendations that clinicians rely on at the point of care.
UpToDate has been the subject of over 30 research studies confirming that widespread usage of UpToDate is associated with improved patient care and hospital performance.
UpToDate for Android Features:
• Persistent login
• Easy search with auto-completion
• Earn and track free CME/CE/CPD credit
• Bookmarks and history
• Mobile-optimized medical calculators
• Email topics and graphics to patients and colleagues
We would love to hear your feedback. Please contact us with questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Permissions the UpToDate app requires and how it uses them:
• Storage: required to store anything on your device
• Phone calls: used to uniquely identify your device - allowing persistent login
• Network communications: used to download and update content from UpToDate
• Development tools: used to write to device storage (SD card) if needed
Antibiotics & Infections is an app designed to meet the needs of medical students and health-care providers regarding anti-bacterial agents and their use in bacterial infections. The app is intended as an educational and reference tool, and has two parts: Drugs and Diseases.
The drugs discussed are common anti-bacterial agents and comprehensive information is provided about their :
• Available forms
• Anti-bacterial spectra
• & Adverse effects .
The diseases given are common bacterial infections of various human systems and information is provided about:
• The first line antibiotics that should be used
• Alternatives available
• and their Dosages and Durations.
The information has been taken from standard and up-to-date resources including Harrison's principles of Medicine, Davidson's principle and practice of Medicine, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, NICE Guidelines , and Public health England among others.
Feel free to comment and report any errors and omissions.
- Completely offline and free to download.
- List of drug name and uses.
- Detailed drug guide including the drug terms, brands and generics.
- Medication prescription for various diseases.
- The best choice for pocket drug dictionary and drug book for nurses with facts, doses and overdose information.
- Missed dose details describing the impacts of a missed dose and necessary measures.
- Search feature to lookup the offline drug index.
- Drug classifications computations and calculations.
- Very friendly and beautiful interface.
- Drugs Encyclopedia with complete information regarding their use and abuse, side effects and pill identification.
List of Contents
1. Cardio Vascular System
2. Digestive system
3. Endocrine - Central Nervous
4. Endocrine - Reproductive
5. Endocrine - Alimentary
6. The Eye
7. Female Reproductive System
8. Lymphatic System
9. Male Reproductive System
10. Muscular System - Back
11. Muscular System - Front
12. Nervous System
13. Respiratory System
14. Skeletal System - Back
15. Skeletal System - Front
16. Urinary System
- Illustration of each biological system that can be zoomed using pinch touch.
- Description of each element represented in each biological system.
- Reference links to wiki for more thorough descriptions.
- To view a specific biological system one has to select it from the main list. This will open a new view with an illustration of the biological system. The user can zoom the image to see details better by using the pinch zoom. To view more information about a topic, just click on the item. If the user wants a more detailed description there is a "More Information Wiki" button, which is available behind the menu button of the device.
Note: Ad supported application. For ad free version buy Human Anatomy Pro
Join 3,000,000+ healthcare professionals and consumers users who are using iPharmacy ® to manage your medication, access dosage, side effect and warnings and etc for FDA approved medications.
<<<< Powered by GoodRx to find the lowest meds:
Easily compare prices at local and mail order pharmacies to find the lowest price.
--- Over 1 million prices for more than 6,000 drugs at every major US pharmacy chain and many local stores
--- Prices from all major US pharmacy chains and online pharmacies Information on manufacturer discount cards (free coupons provided by pharmaceutical manufacturers that can save you $500 or more)
-- Incredible saving: might be less than your copay!
-- One click refill to main pharmacy chains: CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens, Costco, WalMart and more!
<< User testimonials <<<
“iPharmacy is a one-stop shopping for medicine information and savings.” A Patient
“This application has helped me with identifying many pills and has given me GREAT information on the 12 medications I take!” A Diabetes Patient
“ I use iPharmacy to make sure all my medicines play nicely with each other and to know when is the best time to take them. “ A Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor
**An excellent medical dictionary for both consumers and health professionals**
** Built-in 12,000 high quality pill and package images**
** Controlled substances which are susceptible to addiction and abuse are labelled by US Department of Justice schedules. Best for law enforcement officers.
# Identify medication of interest by brand name, generic name (ingredient), color/shape/imprint and bar code!
# "Best iPhone App for Prescription Reference" in the O'Reilly book titled "Best iPhone Apps", (2nd edition) 2010. (http://bit.ly/BestRxRef)
# 2000 Controlled Substances by DEA Scheduling
# Identify more than 10000 drug by imprint, color and shape!
# Find out customer ratings / comments of your prescription.
# Most commented medication includes XANAX, OXYCONTIN, ZOLOFT, PERCOCET, LISINOPRIL, ADDERALL, GABAPENTIN, ATIVAN, VICODIN and more.
REMINDER TO TRACK YOUR MEDICATION
Maintaining a proper medication schedule requires discipline, and a helping hand from the iPharmacy app.
Medical compliance is one of the biggest boosts you can give to your health.
The iPharmacy app enables you to set reminders for multiple medications.
MEDICATION GUIDE INCLUDES
o Exclusively FDA-approved drug information such as:
o Indications & Usage
o Dosage & administration
o Warnings and precautions
o Adverse reactions
o Drug interactions
Plus more features coming soon!
Please visit our website or email email@example.com for further information.
The iPharmacy application and its owners are not affiliated with FDA. All information presented by the application is for educational purpose solely. Nothing on the application should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation. We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of these applications.
Easy to use, offline and instant results for all calculations even during your practice.
This is an free application for all medical personal followed by the Pediatriconcall page relating to http://www.pediatriconcall.com/fordoctor/pedcalc/calcmain.aspx
Calculators included are categorized as follows:
» Head Circumference
» Predict Height
» Mid Parental Height
» Body Surface Area (BSA)
» Body Mass Index (BMI)
» Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
» Conversion of Temperature Celsius to Fahrenheit
» Conversion of Weight From Pound to Kg
» Conversion of cm to inches
» Serum Osmolality
» Bicarbonate & Base Excess
» Fractional Excretion Of Sodium
» Creatinine Clearance
» Creatinine Clearance (Schwartz Formula)
» Normal Values Of GFR
» Anion Gap
» APGAR Score
» Ovulation Date
» Pregnancy Due Date
» Conception Date
Blood Pressure Calculator
» Blood Pressure
Blood Group Detection
» Find Your Blood Group
» Alveolar arterial Gradient (A-a gradient)
» ET Size
» Normal Respiratory Rate
» Predicted Mean Peak Respiratory Flow Rates
» Corrected QTc
» Sodium Deficit in Hyponatremia
» Burns Fluid Requirement
Drug Dose Calculators
» Emergency Drug Formula
Diarrhea Solution Calculators
» Diarrhea Solution
» IV Rates
Blood Reference Values
» WBC Count
» Coagulation Profile
» Blood Indices
» Immunoglobulin IgG Subclass Levels
» Immunoglobulin Reference Values
» Serum Complement Reference Values
» Lymphocyte Reference Values
» Corrected CSF WBC Count for RBC`s
» Corrected Reticulocyte Count
Endocrine and Antibody Tests
» Thyroid Function Test
» Antibodies & Their Associated Diseases
» Drugs Interaction Checker
*Supports API levels 8 & above (Android 2.2 and above)
The Handbook delivers the evidence-base needed to safely administer more than 3,000 brand-name drugs and 1,000 generic drugs – along with important patient monitoring instructions specific to each drug.
This is a TRIAL version!
A comprehensive, quick-access drug guide focusing on patient safety – written specifically for nurses!
For the safest, most effective drug administration possible:
* FDA boxed warnings appear within each monograph
* Special icons point out hazardous and high-alert drugs
* Safety inserts explain how to handle hazardous drugs
* Full-color 32 page insert covers Safe Drug Administration
* Critical advice on treating adverse reactions
* A streamlined design puts important information at your fingertips
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
CPS Monographs and Drug Choices are now offered as annual subscriptions. The CPS Monographs subscription is $349 per year, and Drug Choices is $179 per year, each with a 15-day free preview.
With Psych Drugs, you can learn important and useful information about various psychotropic medications such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and anti-anxiety medications.
Some major classes of psych drugs include: SSRIs, TCAs, MAOIs, second generation (atypical) antipsychotics, benzodiazepines, and meds for insomnia, anxiety, depression, ADHD, alcohol dependence, opioid dependence and nicotine addiction, etc…
Perfect for psychology test and flashcards log, you can learn about drug interaction or interactions, meds apps, mental health, diseases and disability. This cool app also serves as a reminder and personality checker like a healing book diary full of medical terms and terminology dictionary info and smart facts.
Also as a nursing central handbook for pill identifier and identification, medication guide for this dot com age of psychological testing and games.
For each medication, you will find:
Maximum daily dose for adults
Maximum daily dose for adolescents and children
This useful app is ideal for medical and mental health professionals, psychiatrist, psychiatric residents, medical students, psychology students, therapists, counselors, and of course curious lay people who just want to familiarize themselves with psychotropic medications. If you want more detailed information, you can check out other medical apps like epocrates rx, webmd mobile cme, and medscape for symptom checker, and baby health prescription!
Scroll alphabetically through the list and quickly jump to a letter with an A-Z side panel.
Find a medication quickly with convenient search bar function.
Tap on the medication to learn about it.
Save your favorites with a touch of a button.
Share drug info with a friend via email.
WikiDoc was created to freely share medical knowledge and to foster collaboration among healthcare providers. Launched by Dr. C. Michael Gibson of Harvard Medical School in late 2005, WikiDoc is the first and largest wiki dedicated to medicine on the Internet. WikiDoc is kept up to date by over 5,000 collaborators around the world. The content has now been updated nearly half a million times. There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for the site.
WikiDoc is intended to be a free shared resource for housestaff (in preparation for morning report), medical students (in preparation for morning rounds) and fellows (in preparation for conferences). Nurses and attending physicians may find WikiDoc valuable in improving and maintaining their fund of general medical knowledge.
We hope you will consider volunteering your time and contents to provide free, up to date medical information to both patients and physicians around the world.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want to keep up with medical research? Get 'Read by QxMD' for Android:
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
For 45 years, The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy has been the leading clinical reference for treatment of infectious diseases. Coverage includes: clinical syndromes (organized by anatomic system/site of infection), pathogens (bacterial, fungal, mycobacterial, parasitic and viral), anti-infective agents (dosing, adverse effects, activity, pharmacology, interactions), specialized dosing tables and tools, calculators and preventative therapy, all evidence-based and extensively referenced.
Physical Exam Essentials is your source for a quick overview of the patient physical exam. This is the ‘must-have’ reference app for anyone studying, practicing or interested in medicine. Never forget important exam techniques again.
iTunes Reviews -
★★★★★ An Essential medical app
“As a third year, this has become one of my essential apps that is on the homepage of my iPhone. Along with epocrates, eyechart, and imurmur, I use this multiple times a week. It’s comprehensive and simple to navigate! A must buy!”
- doc someday
★★★★★ Ultimate quick and dirty
“Great for medical students or anyone who might need to brush up on a comprehensive physical exam. Complete with pictures of normals and detailed instructions, you will never go into an OSCE or examine a patient without knowing what to do. Great app!”
- Rob Kaye
Maybe you’re in medical school with exams coming up. After gallons of coffee and many sleepless nights spent pouring over notes and textbooks, you still wonder if you’re going to make it.
Preparing for a career in medicine requires learning a daunting amount of information and technique. When facing an important test of your knowledge and abilities, like the physical examination of a patient, nerves can derail all of your memorization and confidence, in a hurry.
You know the material; you just need a little last minute boost and memory jogger to quell the stage fright. That’s where Physical Exam Essentials comes to the rescue.
This application lets you look up selected terms, view illustrations of physical exam maneuvers, read the Clinical Correlates to discover the significance of certain findings and find descriptions of special tests. Physical Exam Essentials even offers a guide for describing your findings.
Physical Exam Essentials is not a comprehensive medical reference. Rather, it is a handy overview resource that is perfect for medical students, pre-meds, health professionals and anyone who practices or has an interest in medicine. Conveniently located on your mobile device, this application provides quick, easy-to-use reviews of procedures and techniques for 14 different categories:
* The Health History
* The General Survey
* Skin and Nails
* HEENT and Neck
* Thorax and Lungs
* Breast and Axillae
* Cardiovascular Exam
* Peripheral Vascular System
* Abdominal Exam
* Male G*******a, Anus, Rectum, Prostate
* Female G*******a, Anus, Rectum
* Mental Status Exam
* Cranial Nerves
* Neurological Exam
As you can see, Physical Exam Essentials has got you covered for examining your patients. That’s not all, though. Just look at some of the other features you get!
* Attractive, easy to navigate interface
* Look up certain selected terms in Wikipedia, Google, or Google images
* Pictures in each section help to illustrate physical exam maneuvers
* Includes "Clinical Correlates" which highlight the significance of certain physical exam findings
* "Presentation Tips" included to help you describe your findings
* Includes descriptions of special tests that are not usually performed in a routine physical exam
* Content and images added and updated regularly
Forget carrying those heavy textbooks everywhere you go. Sometimes, all you need is your iDevice and Physical Exam Essentials.
Download this amazingly helpful application now. You and your patients will be glad that you did.
Now, an innovative FREE MDLinxCME app, powered by RealCME, is available to help practitioners fulfill their continuing medical education (CME/CE) requirements and enhance their CME experience -- right on their Android devices.
MDLinxCME offers the greatest variety of unique, interactive CME activities across numerous specialty topics, with new activities added frequently. Activities are accredited by AMA, ACPE, ANCC, and AANP (among others) and supported by an advanced personalized CME toolset.
What sets the MDLinxCME app apart?
✔ Wide variety of engaging activity formats, with instant built-in feedback from leading experts
Choose from a wide variety of CME activity formats that reflect real-world experiences of healthcare professionals. Participate in activities that integrate authentic decision-making opportunities, peer-to-peer interactions, and expert discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to manage patients over multiple visits and settings, and view how your selections compare with those of the faculty and other participants.
✔ Robust personalized CME toolset to help track credits and set credit goals, review and compare scores, and track your mastery on particular topics
All completed credits are tracked automatically in your personal CME toolset and copies of your certificates are directly emailed to you. In addition, you can use this app to track your mastery of a particular topic in real-time, compare your mastery level with other learners, review scores of completed activities, review all previously answered questions and correct answers with help from faculty, set up and track performance goals, schedule follow-up activities, and more!
✔ Personalized CME Portfolio Report
Every three months you’ll receive a personal report summarizing all of the CME activities you’ve completed, activities that you’ve started but not completed, your progress against CME credit goals and performance goals, and a summary of your mastery level by topic.
✔ Convenient online/mobile access
Your activities are synced on both the MDLinx web and mobile platforms to enable you to switch between your computer and mobile device while you work on a single activity. For example, start an activity on your Android device, and finish it on your computer. You can also access MDLinxCME directly via an Internet browser at http://mdlinx.realcme.com/cms/.
*The MDLinxCME app requires an Internet connection to view and complete activities.