Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to:
-NEW: Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
-Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
-Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
-Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
-Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
-Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
-Access timely medical news and research information
Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
UpToDate® Anywhere registrants and Individual subscribers can now answer their clinical questions anytime, anywhere by downloading this app onto an Android™ phone or tablet.
UpToDate is the leading clinical decision support resource with evidence-based clinical information – including drug topics and recommendations that clinicians rely on at the point of care.
UpToDate has been the subject of over 30 research studies confirming that widespread usage of UpToDate is associated with improved patient care and hospital performance.
UpToDate for Android Features:
• Persistent login
• Easy search with auto-completion
• Earn and track free CME/CE/CPD credit
• Bookmarks and history
• Mobile-optimized medical calculators
• Email topics and graphics to patients and colleagues
We would love to hear your feedback. Please contact us with questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Permissions the UpToDate app requires and how it uses them:
• Storage: required to store anything on your device
• Phone calls: used to uniquely identify your device - allowing persistent login
• Network communications: used to download and update content from UpToDate
• Development tools: used to write to device storage (SD card) if needed
Antibiotics & Infections is an app designed to meet the needs of medical students and health-care providers regarding anti-bacterial agents and their use in bacterial infections. The app is intended as an educational and reference tool, and has two parts: Drugs and Diseases.
The drugs discussed are common anti-bacterial agents and comprehensive information is provided about their :
• Available forms
• Anti-bacterial spectra
• & Adverse effects .
The diseases given are common bacterial infections of various human systems and information is provided about:
• The first line antibiotics that should be used
• Alternatives available
• and their Dosages and Durations.
The information has been taken from standard and up-to-date resources including Harrison's principles of Medicine, Davidson's principle and practice of Medicine, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, NICE Guidelines , and Public health England among others.
Feel free to comment and report any errors and omissions.
- Completely offline and free to download.
- List of drug name and uses.
- Detailed drug guide including the drug terms, brands and generics.
- Medication prescription for various diseases.
- The best choice for pocket drug dictionary and drug book for nurses with facts, doses and overdose information.
- Missed dose details describing the impacts of a missed dose and necessary measures.
- Search feature to lookup the offline drug index.
- Drug classifications computations and calculations.
- Very friendly and beautiful interface.
- Drugs Encyclopedia with complete information regarding their use and abuse, side effects and pill identification.
About Davis’s Drug Guide for Mobile + Web:
Davis’s Drug Guide delivers trusted, updated, and practical information on over 5,000 trade name and generic drugs. Each monograph, with its focus on safety, includes details on pharmacokinetics, dosing, side effects, interactions, assessment, and more. Download this app for anywhere, anytime access to help you avoid medication errors and provide better patient care. Plus, receive 1-year access to the official Drugguide.com and regular updates.
Features of Davis’s Drug Guide for Mobile + Web include:
• Regular updates downloaded to your tablet and smartphone
• 5,000+ trade name and generic drug listings
• Critical safety alerts and warnings
• Highlighted Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS)
• Pill images to visually confirm drug forms
• Discontinued drug list
• Universal Index Search help find medications quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Note: Subscription includes regular updates and access to the official Drugguide.com website.
Authors: April Hazard Vallerand, PhD, RN, FAAN; Cynthia A. Sanoski, BS, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS; Judith Hopfer Deglin, PharmD
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Join 3,000,000+ healthcare professionals and consumers users who are using iPharmacy ® to manage your medication, access dosage, side effect and warnings and etc for FDA approved medications.
<<<< Powered by GoodRx to find the lowest meds:
Easily compare prices at local and mail order pharmacies to find the lowest price.
--- Over 1 million prices for more than 6,000 drugs at every major US pharmacy chain and many local stores
--- Prices from all major US pharmacy chains and online pharmacies Information on manufacturer discount cards (free coupons provided by pharmaceutical manufacturers that can save you $500 or more)
-- Incredible saving: might be less than your copay!
-- One click refill to main pharmacy chains: CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens, Costco, WalMart and more!
<< User testimonials <<<
“iPharmacy is a one-stop shopping for medicine information and savings.” A Patient
“This application has helped me with identifying many pills and has given me GREAT information on the 12 medications I take!” A Diabetes Patient
“ I use iPharmacy to make sure all my medicines play nicely with each other and to know when is the best time to take them. “ A Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor
**An excellent medical dictionary for both consumers and health professionals**
** Built-in 12,000 high quality pill and package images**
** Controlled substances which are susceptible to addiction and abuse are labelled by US Department of Justice schedules. Best for law enforcement officers.
# Identify medication of interest by brand name, generic name (ingredient), color/shape/imprint and bar code!
# "Best iPhone App for Prescription Reference" in the O'Reilly book titled "Best iPhone Apps", (2nd edition) 2010. (http://bit.ly/BestRxRef)
# 2000 Controlled Substances by DEA Scheduling
# Identify more than 10000 drug by imprint, color and shape!
# Find out customer ratings / comments of your prescription.
# Most commented medication includes XANAX, OXYCONTIN, ZOLOFT, PERCOCET, LISINOPRIL, ADDERALL, GABAPENTIN, ATIVAN, VICODIN and more.
REMINDER TO TRACK YOUR MEDICATION
Maintaining a proper medication schedule requires discipline, and a helping hand from the iPharmacy app.
Medical compliance is one of the biggest boosts you can give to your health.
The iPharmacy app enables you to set reminders for multiple medications.
MEDICATION GUIDE INCLUDES
o Exclusively FDA-approved drug information such as:
o Indications & Usage
o Dosage & administration
o Warnings and precautions
o Adverse reactions
o Drug interactions
Plus more features coming soon!
Please visit our website or email email@example.com for further information.
The iPharmacy application and its owners are not affiliated with FDA. All information presented by the application is for educational purpose solely. Nothing on the application should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation. We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of these applications.
The Handbook delivers the evidence-base needed to safely administer more than 3,000 brand-name drugs and 1,000 generic drugs – along with important patient monitoring instructions specific to each drug.
This is a TRIAL version!
A comprehensive, quick-access drug guide focusing on patient safety – written specifically for nurses!
For the safest, most effective drug administration possible:
* FDA boxed warnings appear within each monograph
* Special icons point out hazardous and high-alert drugs
* Safety inserts explain how to handle hazardous drugs
* Full-color 32 page insert covers Safe Drug Administration
* Critical advice on treating adverse reactions
* A streamlined design puts important information at your fingertips
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
myCME provides certified/accredited education from a variety of pre-eminent institutions designed to meet the needs of physicians, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. Clinicians turn to us to get the CME/CE they need, when they need it, all designed to be clinically relevant to their practice.
With the myCME app you can:
• Choose from relevant activities tailored to your profession and specialty
• Conveniently pick up an activity where you left off
• View your progress within an activity
• Easily navigate through activities and claim credit straight from your app
• Upload and store ALL of your CME/CE certificates from any source in one place
• Enjoy 24/7 access to all of your certificates. Easily email your certificates straight from your app
• Set personalized goals and let the myCME app track your progress for you
• Purchase courses from the myCME Marketplace without leaving the app
If you have any questions about myCME or experience any technical problems while using the app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created by Mick Schroeder - PharmD
RxShortages is open source software - source code available at: https://github.com/mick-schroeder/RxShortages/
If you would like to learn more about athenaText, please contact email@example.com.
Bugs & Drugs is divided into six sections:
2. Treatment recommendations for infections in children and adults (including selected ophthalmic, fungal, and parasitic infections),
3. Recommendations for the prevention of infections,
4. Treatment and prophylaxis of dental infections,
5. Use of antibiotics in pregnancy/lactation, and
The Bugs & Drugs app is well suited for healthcare practitioners looking for an evidence based mobile reference and provides therapeutic options in a clear, concise manner.
As part of your purchase, updates will be provided at no additional charge periodically until at least September 1, 2015.
Once installed, you do not need internet access to utilize the content. Internet access is only required for initial installation of the app and to receive updates.
The content was prepared by Dr. Edith Blondel-Hill (Medical Microbiologist/Infectious Diseases Specialist, Kelowna General Hospital) and Ms. Susan Fryters (Antimicrobial Utilization/Infectious Diseases Pharmacist, Alberta Health Services) with the help of over 40 reviewers with expertise in infectious diseases, microbiology, pharmacy, and Public Health. Design and implementation of the app was provided by Saint Street and Resonant Apps.
Please note, this app is not configured for use with Blackberry devices.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want to keep up with medical research? Get 'Read by QxMD' for Android:
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
CPS Monographs and Drug Choices are now offered as annual subscriptions. The CPS Monographs subscription is $349 per year, and Drug Choices is $179 per year, each with a 15-day free preview.
The FAFP CME Programs mobile application allows you to browse through presentation, speaker and exhibitor information from select FAFP programs.
Presentation slides are also available for many of the sessions. You can draw and highlight directly on the slides using your finger, and you can take notes adjacent each slide. All your notes are saved online for you so you can access them later through your online personal summary.
Now, an innovative FREE MDLinxCME app, powered by RealCME, is available to help practitioners fulfill their continuing medical education (CME/CE) requirements and enhance their CME experience -- right on their Android devices.
MDLinxCME offers the greatest variety of unique, interactive CME activities across numerous specialty topics, with new activities added frequently. Activities are accredited by AMA, ACPE, ANCC, and AANP (among others) and supported by an advanced personalized CME toolset.
What sets the MDLinxCME app apart?
✔ Wide variety of engaging activity formats, with instant built-in feedback from leading experts
Choose from a wide variety of CME activity formats that reflect real-world experiences of healthcare professionals. Participate in activities that integrate authentic decision-making opportunities, peer-to-peer interactions, and expert discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to manage patients over multiple visits and settings, and view how your selections compare with those of the faculty and other participants.
✔ Robust personalized CME toolset to help track credits and set credit goals, review and compare scores, and track your mastery on particular topics
All completed credits are tracked automatically in your personal CME toolset and copies of your certificates are directly emailed to you. In addition, you can use this app to track your mastery of a particular topic in real-time, compare your mastery level with other learners, review scores of completed activities, review all previously answered questions and correct answers with help from faculty, set up and track performance goals, schedule follow-up activities, and more!
✔ Personalized CME Portfolio Report
Every three months you’ll receive a personal report summarizing all of the CME activities you’ve completed, activities that you’ve started but not completed, your progress against CME credit goals and performance goals, and a summary of your mastery level by topic.
✔ Convenient online/mobile access
Your activities are synced on both the MDLinx web and mobile platforms to enable you to switch between your computer and mobile device while you work on a single activity. For example, start an activity on your Android device, and finish it on your computer. You can also access MDLinxCME directly via an Internet browser at http://mdlinx.realcme.com/cms/.
*The MDLinxCME app requires an Internet connection to view and complete activities.