*** !!! 2012 Winner - Australian Mobile Awards !!! ***
WHAT IT HAS:
* Forecasts - so you know what to expect (today, tomorrow and the week ahead, plus weather warnings)
* Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for a range of nearby locations)
* Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops)
* Extended Features
- List of current warning
- Rainfall forecasts maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 250 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- The radar view also has a "Locate Me" feature which queries the device GPS and then centres the radar map on your current location along with a crosshair cursor.
- Radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your device
Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its information screen for that purpose.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modelling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.
This is a world class weather app made for Australians, by Australians.
Four years ago Pocket Weather Australia was the first Aussie weather app on Android, and we continue to update it to make sure it remains the best!
What has it got?
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology data
- Weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Rain radars all around Australia
- Tide times
- Push notifications for warnings
- Home screen widgets of various sizes, to quickly see the weather at a glance
Pocket Weather Australia is a joy to use, thanks to the time we've spent planning, designing, building & polishing the user interface.
- Simple, intuative ui
- Dynamic weather display indicates conditions at a glance
- Data is visualised as much as possible
- Contrast has been increased throughout app for better readability
Who makes this?
We do. We're called Shifty Jelly and we're from Adelaide. We're a team of four. We love making Pocket Weather Australia for you. :)
What has it got Part II: The details.
Hourly temperature & wind forecasts seven days into the future (Everywhere except the Northern Territory)
Forecast data (where supported)
- Chance of rain
- Amount of rainfall
- Maximum UV
- High & Low Temperatures
- Weekly forecast details
- Sunrise & Sunset times with first and last light
- Current Temperature
- Feels-like Temperature
- Rainfall since 9am
- Wind velocity
- Live UV
- Air Pressure
- Dew Point
- Delta T
Three days of history information.
Tide tables can be set up for offline use.
- Rain Radars (64km, 128km, 256km, 512km radiuses where available)
- Rainfall radars (10min, 1 hour, Since 9am, 24 Hour)
- Wind Doppler
- National Rain
- National Satellite Map
* BOM observations and forecasts
* Customisable 2x1 widget
* 4x1 Widget with 3 days' forecast & UV where available
* 4x2 Clock widget
* 4x2 Widget with 3 days' forecast & UV where available
* Multiple location widget support
* Temperature in status bar (black/white/colour/boxed via widget)
* Use nearest weather station or select specific from over 750 BOM weather stations
* UV index & warnings (where available)
* Radar loop: current station or select specific
* Share weather (email, SMS etc.)
* Temperature/pressure graph for last 24,48,72 hours or 5 days (where available)
* Last 24hr observations (where available)
* Low data use
* Ad free
* Update frequency setting
* Pressure sensor support (device specific)
* High contrast option (white text on main screens)
* BOM State Weather Warnings (from detail menu)
* Widgets JB lock-screen enabled (try the clock on the lock screen!)
* Sony SmartWatch 2 companion extension available - search Google Play for Au Weather SWX
Please try out Au Weather Free before purchasing to decide if you find the app useful. Note that the functionality of the paid version is essentially the same as the free, ad supported version, except for:
* additional radar ranges
* default radar range
* select any radar location
* more graph period options
* 4x2 widgets (will come to free soon)
* This app uses the mobile network to determine location (not GPS) - if your location does not update see the FAQ to enable mobile network location.
* This app only displays Australian weather from BOM weather stations.
* The app was originally designed for Android phones only, however, it should work on most tablets, however, the layout is not optimized for tablet.
Made in Australia
Tomfusion is Australian owned and operated - see Help for more info.
Please read disclaimer.
Email email@example.com with for support - feedback and suggestions welcome.
If you experience issues with the app:
a) check the FAQs (see Help menu on Favourites screen) or
b) email firstname.lastname@example.org
Side note: I rarely read user comments since it makes me lie awake at night. However, I do read every relevant support email sent to the support email address.
More info at www.tomfusion.com
The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency. Its expertise and services assist Australians in dealing with the harsh realities of their natural environment, including drought, floods, fires, storms, tsunami and tropical cyclones. Through regular forecasts, warnings, monitoring and advice spanning the Australian region and Antarctic territory, the Bureau provides one of the most fundamental and widely used services of government.
While every effort will be made to ensure that Bureau of Meteorology radar imagery is available on this app, there may be occasions when equipment or communications failure make this impossible. The Bureau's ability to restore the radar display following an outage may be limited by the priority to maintain forecasting and warning services. For some major cities the Bureau can ensure the quality of its forecasting services through access to secondary radars that may not always be accessible from their site.
All this app does is show you the latest rain radar data in your area, kindly supplied by the Bureau of Meteorology. Nothing more - no weather forecasts, no finding out how flamin' hot it was in Yabbie Creek in 1894.
Just rain. Or no rain.
Please note: if you notice a missing or decommissioned
radar, please email & let us know!
All radar images © Bureau of Meteorology - www.bom.gov.au
Icon design by Jorge Correa - jcorrea.es
Rainy days shows you weather radar doppler images from buienradar, meteox, vaderradar, eumetsat and nws using Google Maps. You can zoom in and pan all you like!
Coverage: Europe, Iceland, Scandinavia, USA incl Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Africa, Australia
Note: shows rain (radar reflectivity), not clouds!
If something is not working on your device, please send me an email, adding a comment doesn't give me enough information to fix any bugs!
Useful assistant for everything outdoors like cycling, biking or hiking.
For the latest news follow us on Twitter: @rainalarm
The data used originates from governmental weather services. Works in the USA (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam), Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina, Australia, Taiwan, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Finland, Norway, Iceland, the Netherlands, Spain (including the Balearic and the Canary Islands), Slovenia, Croatia, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia.
If your device did not include Google Maps and you have installed it in a non-intended way, the app might not work. Please use instead Rain Alarm OSM, which does not require Google Maps.
Limitations to Rain Alarm Pro:
* Fixed update interval of 30 minutes
* Fixed search radius of 47 miles / 75 km
* Vibration within 47 mi / 75 km and notification only within 19 mi / 30 km
* Location update only on demand
* No manual location
* Fixed animation interval of 120 minutes, fixed animation rate of 30 min, fixed map transparency
* No customized alarms, no sound, no speech output
* Just 2 widget themes - only with a black background
* Sony SmartWatch only used for notifications (no widget and app)
INTERNET - loading precipitation data
VIBRATE - alarm
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - location
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - check connectivity
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - Pro: optionally activate Wi-Fi when no other connectivity
WAKE_LOCK - occasional background service will not be interrupted by device sleep (otherwise you might not get alarms)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - initiate background service when device starts
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - cache will be stored on external memory to save space on internal memory
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for Smart Wireless Headset pro
Keywords: doppler, radar map, thunderstorm, outdoor, weather, rain alert, snow, precipitation, thunderstorm, outdoor, hiking, biking, cycling, motorcycle, bicycle, convertible, regen-alarm, regenalarm, rainalarm
Free, no ads, light on system resources, and easy to use. What more could you want? ;)
NOTE: This is a widget. After install, go into your apps list, select the 'widgets' tab (not 'apps'), and add a widget of type 'BOM radar'. After configuration hold on the widget to enter resize mode, the widget can be resized to any dimensions.
PERMISSIONS: Network access to load the images. Play store billing for (optional) IAP donate function. Device start notification so it can start the alarm to update the widget.
This is not an official BOM app - it's a fan-made widget.
To come in future versions:
- UI overhaul. I know it's very bare-bones at the moment, but you don't need to use it after you setup the widget as the image is the only UI you see regularly.
~ Weather for any City (list updated)
~ Daily predictions
~ Satellite image
~ Rain radar + animation
~ Measuring stations across the country from the Meteorological Service