✭ "Overall, Slider Widget is incredibly easy to use and very intuitive." ✭
(Paul Wilks @ androidtapp)
✭ "So many apps try to do too much, or be too clever, but Slider Widget gets the balance right." ✭
- - -
A small Widget that gives control of the screen brightness and the sound volume directly from your home screen. You can easily manage those with the widget's slider or your hardware buttons. With a double click, you can also use the buttons to toggle. Slider Widget shows 6 Categories (e.g brightness or ring volume), which you can choose from 7 categories (more below). You can also change the order of the categories displayed in Slider Widget.
Slider Widget is - primary - a Widget. So you have to add it to your home screen.
✓ Displays brightness and volumes
✓ Control screen brightness
・ or set auto brightness (on/off)
✓ Control volumes
・ voice call
✓ 3 input options
・ change values with the slider
・ change values with hardware (up/down - buttons)
・ use buttons with double clicking to toggle (BETA)
✓ 4 widget sizes: 1x1, 2x1, 3x1 and 4x1
✓ Position of the slider can be changed (all 4 directions)
✓ Color theme can be changed
・ ICS blue
・ transparent background (on/off)
✓ Categories to show in the widget and their order can be set
✓ Indicator shows if notification and ring volumes are connected // not with honeycomb and ics
✓ more Settings like
・ notification uses ring volume (on/off) // not with honeycomb and ics
・ play confirmation sound if volume changes (on/off)
・ toggle function can be de-/activated for each category
✓ Languages: English, Arabic, Turkish, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Dutch, Catalan, Czech, Serbian, Ukrainian, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
Slider Widget needs the following permissions
WRITE_SETTINGS - to change e.g the screen brightness
INTERNET - to report bugs
VIBRATE - to vibrate if going into vibration mode
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want to help translating Slider Widget into your language, you can! There is an Crowdin project:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTICE!: There is a - systemwide - Bug on some ICS devices that widgets aren't shown in the widget section after their installation. After a force close of the launcher or a reboot the widget should be shown. Sorry for that.
*New Backgrounds added*
With Power Widget you gain quick access to most of your important settings.
And most important it is highly customizable. Change background transparency, the order of your toggles or even how much toggles you put on your toggle bar is up to you.
Airplane (Please note that toggling airplane mode on/off is no longer possible as of Android 4.2.)
Bluetooth (only >2.x)
Lock Pattern (<2.2)
Brightness Slider (with auto for >2.x)
Sync (only >2.x)
GPS (since 2.x link to the settings page)
2G/3G (since 2.x link to the settings page)
- On some devices you might need to restart you device before Power Widget appears in your widget list.
- If you purchase the regular version of Power Widget, please uninstall this version afterwards to get rid of the notification messages (not necessary when you unlock the trial version).
- Power Wiget lite is still free and works without restriction as it used to, but it keeps reminding you to purchase the unlock key. Therefore, we decided to call it a lite rather than a free app.
When headphone is inserted, this widget can toggle your headset audio off, to have the sound come out of your built-in speaker or even connected bluetooth.
An indicator dot tells you if sound is going to come through the headphones when there's media sound playing.
Free with no ads
Branch of https://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/ for personal use, with bug fixes...
Removed call detection features and on-boot settings. Supports both headphones and headsets. Playing music to bluetooth when headphone/headset plugged in is now possible.
This app just tells Android to pretend as if the headphone is not plugged in even though it is.
Icon with Android asset studio + Tango icon theme + GIMP
If headphone/headset is plugged in with bluetooth A2DP attachment, the volume control might be either bluetooth media or the ordinary media audiostream. That's Android getting confused about where the music is actually being played, because this app pulls the rug from underneath it.
If you have a HTC device with a self-toggling headphone jack, the widget will be updating itself too much.
The way this app works results in conditional unpredictable behavior, particularly with phone calls. Hence, this app is alpha and will stay that way.
Should probably merge this into another app someday, but for now it's useful for various things...
HDMI not tested, don't have the equipment
* * *
A review indicates that this allows the use of the integrated speakers with 1seg (ワンセグ) on the KDDI HTC J One.
With the widget you can assign one or more screens on your home launcher to be dedicated for usage inside the car.
Unlike Car Home applications, you still will have access to all other screens of your home launcher.
To access widget settings use application shortcut.
HOW TO USE
On any home screen press "menu", then "add", select "widgets" and choose "Car Widget" from the list of available widgets.
You might need to restart the device in order to widget to appear in the list.
* 4x4 widget
* 4,6 or 8 big shortcuts per widget
* 5 Skins
* Customization options: background color, opacity, font size and color, icons tint
* Replacement for "Car Dock" / "Car Home" applications.
* Custom icons and titles for shortcuts
* Icon pack support
Available shortcuts (can be expanded by installed applications):
* Direct dial/ message
* Directions & Navigation (Using Google Maps)
* Gmail label
* Music playlist
* Built-In Shortcuts - (InCar switch, Play/Pause, Next, Previous - Experimental)
Free version includes Trial of the features available in the Car Widget Pro.
Car Widget Pro features:
Automation for your car. Detects when you inside the car and adjusts settings of your phone.
Trigger (possible to combine all of the options):
* Power cable connected
* Headphones connected
* Bluetooth device connected
* Activity recognition
* Turn on Bluetooth
* Disable screen timeout
* Adjust screen brightness
* Adjust volume level of media
* Switch off Wi-Fi
* Route call to speaker
* Auto answer (Experimental)
* Autorun App
* Shortcuts in notification bar (Android 4.0)
- It's not possible to unlock the screen from widget
- It's not possible to switch to the specific screen from widget
- Not possible to switch GPS
CALL_PHONE (Directly call phone numbers)- used for direct call shortcut
WAKE_LOCK (Prevent phone from sleeping) - used to disable screen timeout
WRITE_SETTINGS (Modify system settings)- used to adjust brightness settings
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE and CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
BLUETOOTH and BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - required in order to switch Bluetooth state
(Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage) - Backup/Restore functionality
* On some devices you have option "Stay awake" (Under Settings -> Applications -> Development), you can enable it if your want to prevent phone from sleeping.
* Landscape mode: Not all launchers allow to use phone in landscape mode, just replace yours with alternative one that supports it (like LauncherPro or ADW).
You can find Car Widget Pro also in androidpit.com market.
(This marketplace has an option for PayPal)
Please exercise caution when using this application and do not manipulate your device while driving. Always pay attention to the road.
This is a widget. You must add it to your homescreen!
I created this app in my freetime and you can download it for free. Please give me a good rating if you like it!
I'm glad about every e-mail, be it praise, criticism or an idea!
• Scan installed apps on your Android phone.
• Save personalized match results in the cloud to retrieve later on your Windows Phone.
• Send yourself a reminder on how to get the apps onto your Windows Phone.
• See your app match list right in the Switch to Windows Phone app.
• Upload photos and videos from your Android phone to SkyDrive.
A Wi-Fi connection is required when uploading photos and videos.
**** it is a widget*****
please go to home -> menu -> add widget
-> Calendar Widget 2.
If It cannot open your calendar correctly, please buy the plus version! It allows you to select what app to open it, more flexible more themes too!
Calendar Widget 2.0 (aka Sakura Calendar Widget)
- Show current month,day and weekday.
- Support English,French,Chinese and Japanese, Korean.
- Support different background.
- Just like the iPhone Calendar Icon, but with more fancy & cute themes.
- Two sizes: large/small to fit on your home screen.
- With the Plus Version, you can have even more themes!
- We understand you are special, and that's why we make this widget.
*** Buy Plus Ver for more themes, only US0.99 ***
!!! Please add the widget manually before launching the application !!!
The different sizes of the widget are: 1x1, 2x1, 1x2, 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 (useful for tablets).
Personalization starts by launching the application via the Launcher or by clicking on the widget.
If you use a task killer, please add the application to the exception list.
Do you like this widget? Then buy the "Donate" version ;)
It's just same as Windows 7 Task Bar! (see the promotion video)
You can multitask and task-kill everywhere, anytime.
Tab the start button to open/close the task bar and Long press it to open/close the start menu.
* In some versions of MIUI, you are supposed to check 'Show popup window' in application setting.
Tag: taskbar quick launcher dock multi tasking apps windows8 windows7 changer switcher manager shortcut
Floating Widget lets you interact with any homescreen widget while you’re using any app on your device.
Ever wish you could:
- Control your local or streaming music without leaving your current app?
- Have a sports scoreboard up while using your e-book reader?
- View a data usage widget in real time while using the app you’re testing?
- Have a clock on the screen while playing a full screen game?
- View CPU usage while you’re interacting with an app?
- Have the a traffic indicator widget always up while commuting?
With Floating Widget, you can do all of these and more! Check the screenshots and embedded video for setup and examples.
-Choose from any widget you have installed designed for Android’s home screen
-Position the widget anywhere on your screen
-Resize the widget to as big or small as you’d like
-Save up to 5 different floating widget profiles
-Have multiple widgets floating at once
-Create custom shortcuts to quickly launch any of the 5 profiles
-Tasker/Locale plugin support
-Control widget transparency
-Start last used profile(s) on boot
-Holo themed [Honeycomb+]
-Notification quick actions [Jelly Bean+]
This app is under active development and widgets were not designed for this, so instead of leaving a negative review because of bugs and glitches, please email me at email@example.com with any issues, concerns or questions. I am willing to give refunds past the initial 15 minute window the Play Store offers, so please give Floating Widget a try.
** Attention developers: If I’ve used your widget/application in the description/tutorial and you don’t want the free publicity, please contact me and I’ll remove it immediately. Floating Widget only exists because of your awesome widgets **
Requires Eclair (2.1) and 5 special permissions:
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - to make the widget stay visible on the screen
READ_PHONE_STATE - to allow the widget to hide when a phone call comes in
VIBRATE - to signal that the widget is in move mode
CHECK_LICENSE - to validate purchases and prevent piracy
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - for the start on boot option
The following are just search terms to help others find this app, you can ignore. always on screen widget, widget always on top, persistent widget, system overlay, widget anywhere anytime, airwidget, air widget
Power Control Plus is a widget that lets you turn on / off almost any setting on your device, right from your home screen or notifications bar. Every aspect of Power Control Plus widgets are customizable, including color, size, behavior and more.
- Tablet compatible!
- 7 different widget sizes, including vertical widgets
- Notification bar widgets - toggle settings with one click on Android 4.0+.
- 9 different indicator light colors
- Over 30 settings available to toggle (list below)
- Power Control Plus doesn't run in the background, to save battery life
- Edit your widget right from the home screen
- Change background transparency
- Add labels to buttons on the widget
- Add a shortcut to any app on the widget
Full list of settings you can change / toggle:
- Airplane mode
- Flashlight (Android 2.2 and 2.3 only, update for Ice Cream Sandwich coming soon)
- 4G (EVO 4G only)
- GPS (Does not work on Android 2.3+)
- Silent mode
- Auto-rotate screen
- Vibrate mode
- Vibrate and silent mode
- Bluetooth scan for devices
- Brightness (triple)
- Screen timeout
- Wi-Fi sleep policy
- Sound effects
- Haptic feedback
- Bluetooth discoverable
- Keep screen on while plugged in
- Open shortcut
- Input method
- 2G - 3G (only a shortcut to the settings screen)
- Battery (meter, and a shortcut to Battery Use)
- Scan SD card
- Quick Boot / reboot / power off
- Silent mode (and mute media)
- Lock screen
- Wi-Fi tethering (Android 2.2+)
- USB tethering (Android 2.2+)
The below settings are available to toggle, but are buggy and unsupported due to Android security restrictions. Please do not contact us if one of them does not work.
- Cellular data connection (APN switch)
- Cellular data connection
If you like the software and want to support the development please rate it! If you have issues or requests send me an email or use the forum at http://zooper.uservoice.com
- GALAXY S2 http://goo.gl/Yuhzh2
- GALAXY S4 http://goo.gl/aTmJ6W
- PRO widgets disappear after reboot: http://goo.gl/4bqhJu
- Sample templates included, no need to download anything else
- Some custom fonts already included, additional can be added on sdcard/fonts
- Create your templates easily, no functional limit, tons of variables and controls
- WYSIWYG editor with layers like Photoshop / Gimp
- Build your style and change everything: color, text, shapes, position and more!
- Completely customizable date and time (day of the year, week number, number to text...)
- Date calculations (countdown, time to or from any date, calendar event or system attribute)
- Full Math expressions supported (like Star Trek stardate)
- Battery info (remaining time, percentage, temperature, voltage)
- World clock (multiple timezones on the same widget)
- Weather for current or multiple locations on the same widget
- Up to 5 days forecast from multiple providers (Open Weather Map, YR.NO)
- Calendar info with free customization
- System info, like uptime, next alarm, SD card space
- WiFi network name, cell operator, signal strength, connection type
- Network traffic data stats for current day, week, month and more
- Missed calls, unread SMS, unread GMail (multiple accounts and labels)
- Sunrise, Sunset and Astrological Nautical or Civil twilight
- Moon Rise, Set and Illumination percentage
- Series for days, months and more!
- Completely dynamic and customizable TTF and PNG iconsets
- Static Bitmaps (PNG with alpha and JPG)
- Progress Bars customizable with any numeric variable such as min/max and value
- Tasker integration (see website)
- Jelly Bean lock screen support
- No Ads
- Widget on tap action / config lock (and "module" click action)
- Load and Save templates on SD card
- APK themes support
- Buzz launcher support
Zooper Widget has been built from ground up with battery in mind; nothing will be done while your phone sleeps, no weather will be updated if you have no weather information on screen, and no location will be updated if you do not ask it to.
Zooper Widget does not use much memory when it's running - even with 10 widgets on your screen it won't exceed more than 10 megabytes. However, during configuration RAM usage can climb up to 25mb. This is normal and the space will be released shortly after config is closed. If you're using Bitmaps, due to the heavy caching, usage will be higher.
APK SKINS: http://goo.gl/mh3nty
BETA (PRO): http://goo.gl/DXoig
1. 2 Themes, Dark and Light
2. No Panel background, 50% and 75% transparency level
3. Graphical UI themes for clock, calendar and battery
4. Battery will be colored automatically to blue / orange / red
5. Celcius / Fahrenheit unit for battery temperature
6. Battery charging indicator
7. Shortcut to Alarm, Calendar and Battery Consumption
8. Colored AM/PM and Battery status.
1. Go to Home Screen and long press to add a Widget.
2. Sometimes you need to restart to make widget available.
3. Tap on a widget to enter menu setting
4. Check task killer / battery saver that may stop this widget.
When you are experiencing problems, send email for fast respond. Don't ask question on comment, I might not be able to answer all comments. I'll try my best to solve your problems.
Advantages или benefits:
✓ simple and convenient
✓ mode agenda *
✓ different themes (with the ability to customize)
✓ display Google Calendar events
✓ view the day's events in Google Calendar
✓ adding events to Google Calendar *
✓ public holidays calendar
✓ navigate months, years and days *
✓ display week numbers
✓ start of week Monday / Sunday
✓ minimalistic widget (1x1) to open Google Calendar
✓ optimized for minimal power consumption
We believe that the application can be even better and we keep on working on it. Constructive criticism, comments and suggestions are warmly welcome.Please feel free to contact us.
✓ ability to add Google calendars directly from the settings
✓ new interface to add new events
★ Do not install on SD card.
★ I can't sort and delete the button when creating widget.
In the top of the preview window, click the button to delete, press and hold the button to sort.
★ Can not uninstall?
Please deactivate "Settings"->"Security"->"Device administration" before uninstalling.
Supported Toggle Actions:
• Data Connection
• Screen Always On
• Airplane Mode
• Scan Media
• Unlock Pattern
• Speaker Mode
• Auto-Screen Lock
• 4G Toggle
• Mount SD
• Wi-Fi Hotspot
• USB Tether
• Bluetooth Tether
• Lock Screen
• Wi-Fi Sleep Policy
• Task Manager
• Memory usage
• Storage usage
• NFC Toggle
1. A powerful custom functions. Including custom icons, icon color, font color, background color, background image, the grid size, etc.
2. You can all applications to the widget. In addition, you can also add many components, such as SMS, Gmail, Calendar, Weather, bookmarks, Contacts, Music. Real Widget also built some of the switch, such as Wifi, Bluetooth, battery indicator, synchronization, data toggle, traffic statistics, brightness, etc., and I will add more components later.
3. Support for large-screen device, as long as you change the size of the Widget, you can achieve the same with Windows 8 desktop effects.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: Used to add "Direct Call" shortcut to the widget.
READ SMS OR MMS: Used by "Message" widget.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS: Only used to get mail content from url: https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/.
READ CONTACT DATA: Used to add "Contact" shortcut to the widget (see the capture).
READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: Used by "Calendar" widget.
READ BROWSER'S HISTORY AND BOOKMARKS: Used to add "Bookmark" shortcut to the widget.
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS: Used to backup the widget configuration.