-Locate local #5 plastic drop-off locations, complete with maps and directions
-Share your recycling actions via Facebook and Twitter
-Get Rewarded: Earn points from Recyclebank
-Track your recycling visits
-Compare your recycling activity to others at your location
-Reference a list of accepted #5 plastics
-Check the Buzz: Get the latest news from Gimme 5
Preserve®, the leading sustainable consumer products company, launched the Gimme 5 program in 2009 by working with Whole Foods Market and independent cooperative markets to offer a #5 plastic (PP) recycling option in their stores. Now, Preserve Gimme 5 collection bins are located in more than 200 Whole Foods Market stores in most regions of the U.S. as well as select independent cooperative markets. #5 plastic (polypropylene) recycling is also available through the Gimme 5 mail-in program.
Users can now earn Recyclebank Points for their recycling activities. Recyclebank is helping create a more sustainable future by rewarding people for taking everyday green actions, including checking in at Gimme 5 recycling locations. Members can redeem their Recyclebank Points for discounts and deals at local and national businesses.
The Gimme 5 program makes life a little simpler for people who want to 'do the right thing' with their # 5 plastic, yet do not have access to facilities or community recycling that accepts these polypropylene items.
"These strong, lightweight plastics are often redirected to landfills, but the Gimme 5 program ensures these recyclable materials find new life as Preserve products." - Preserve Founder and CEO, Eric Hudson
The partnership of Preserve®, Stonyfield Farm®, Brita®, Burt’s Bees® and Whole Foods Market® underwrites this program and reflects the five companies' shared commitment to protecting the environment. It also empowers people with a simple and effective recycling program that reduces the use of virgin materials in products.
To learn more about Preserve and our Gimme 5 program visit: http://www.preserveproducts.com
Join the thousands of members of the Gimme 5 community and do your part at: http://www.mygimme5.com
Powered by HubEngage from Mobinett Interactive
Do you ever forget to put your bins out? Or wonder what happens when it’s a bank holiday? Are you ever unsure whether you can recycle an item of rubbish? ‘Recycle for MK’ can help!
· What goes in my bins?- A comprehensive guide to what you can recycle and which of your bins to put it in.
· Collection reminders- You’ll receive a notification every week reminding you to put your bins out.
· Alternative collection days- You’ll receive a notification if your bin collection day has changed due to a bank holiday.
· Cancelled collections- If bin collections are cancelled for any reason – e.g. heavy snow – the app will let you know not to put your bins out.
· Local recycling centres- If you want to know where your local bottle bank or tip is, the app will tell you – and even give you directions to help you get there.
Download the app now, and help Milton Keynes work on reducing the 60,000 tons of rubbish that we currently send to landfill every year.