Looking for state tax data? Since 1941, Facts & Figures has been the leading resource on state tax rates and rankings on collections, burdens, and more.
Now, for the first time ever, you can have this comprehensive data resource at your fingertips with the new Facts & Figures smartphone app. Beautifully formatted, consistently updated, and always expanding, this app makes it easy to analyze and compare state tax codes.
In our first edition of the publication more than 70 years ago, we wrote, “There is need for concise and accurate data. Facts give a broader perspective; facts dissipate predilections and prejudices…[and] this collection of data is an important step to meet the challenge presented by the broad problems of public finance.” This remains true today.
These tables were compiled by Tax Foundation staff and updated by Economist Nicole Kaeding.
• View tax rates and brackets for all 50 states
• Compare state tax data on 39 different measures
• Find when Tax Freedom Day® arrives in your state
• Analyze and compare your state’s performance on the 2016 State Business Tax Climate Index
• Quickly search for tax rates on various products like gasoline, cigarettes, beer, and wine.
• Donate to the Tax Foundation
© 2016 Tax Foundation. All rights reserved.