This app is Tablet Ready. It was HD images that will look amazing in your new Honeycomb Tablet. Tested in the Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1.
***GOT A TABLET: TRY THE BEST COLORING APP FOR TABLETS
Color & Draw for kids HD***
It displays 40 remarkable images of means of transportation of all types, land, air, water and even construction vehicles.
Tap the image to hear the sound played back.
Tap the name bar to hear a voiceover of the name.
***Looking for Tablet App for kids. Try our new and award winning
Color & Draw for kids
50% launch sale for a limited time only****
This dynamic allows children to associate images, forms and sounds, as well as practice fine motor skills while building their early vocabulary.
Images included: car, race car, train, bus, ship, speed boat, submarine, airplane, glider, helicopter, rocket and more!
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
Realistic 3D space travel simulator and planetarium.
In this app you will find:
- All major planets and moons in the Solar System, with their accurate keplerian orbits:
* Earth and Moon
* Mars and its moons Phobos and Deimos
* Jupiter and its major moons: Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto
* Saturn and its major moons: Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion and Iapetus
* Uranus and its major moons: Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania and Oberon
* Neptune and Triton
- All dwarf planets and its major moons:
* Pluto and its moons:Charon, Nix and Hydra
* Haumea and its moons: Namaka and Hi'iaka
* Eris and its moon Dysnomia
- Asteroid field and Trojan asteroids
- Real space photographs for all celestial bodies in the Solar System
- All known extrasolar systems with exoplanets within 50 light years:
* Alpha Centauri
* Epsilon Eridani
* Tau Ceti
* Kapteyn's Star
* Gamma Cephei
* 47 Ursae Majoris
* 55 Cancri
* 54 Piscium
* 61 Virginis
* Upsilon Andromedae
* Nu2 Lupi
* HIP 57050, HIP 79431
* HD 20794, HD 85512, HD 102365, HD 69830, HD 40307, HD 147513, HD 176051, HD 38858
* Gliese 86, Gliese 176, Gliese 179, Gliese 317, Gliese 433, Gliese 436, Gliese 581, Gliese 649, Gliese 667, Gliese 674, Gliese 682, Gliese 785, Gliese 832, Gliese 849, Gliese 876, Gliese 1214
- Notable stars also present:
* Proxima Centauri
* Barnard's Star
* 61 Cygni
- Timeslider to accelerate/decelerate time. You'll also be able to run time backwards
- Realistic interplanetary orbits from any planet to any other planet and moon
- Realistic calculation of fuel requirements using Tsiolkovsky Rocket equation
- Interstellar travel!
- Relativistic effects of time dilation, length contraction and relativistic doppler shift during interstellar flights
- Free flight mode: command your spaceship with unlimited fuel and experience effects of gravity on your trajectories.
Please contact me if you have any complain or suggestion.
As just reviewed in Sky & Telescope magazine, the iOS version of SkySafari is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer". Now here for Android, SkySafari will change the way you do astronomy!
SkySafari for Android comes in three versions. This is basic version of SkySafari. It shows you 46,000 stars, plus 220 of the best-known star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies in the sky. It displays the Solar System's major planets and moons using NASA spacecraft imagery, and includes the best-known asteroids and comets.
Make sure you have at least 150 MB of free space on your internal SD card for SkySafari to download this database from Google Play the first time it runs! (Note: due to Google Play rules, this data cannot be moved to your external SD card - you must have 150 MB free on your internal SD card!)
SkySafari accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to one hundred years in the past or future. It includes encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains hundreds of images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an Android device with a compass, SkySafari can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass button (or tilt your phone up toward the stars) to activate the compass. Now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
And all this is just in the basic version! Don't be afraid to start small - you'll end with the universe at your fingertips! SkySafari's streamlined user interface puts both power and simplicity into your hands - and turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch into an invaluable tool for exploring the night sky. SkySafari is more than just a star chart - it's a celestial travel guide!
Please note: there is no upgrade pricing from SkySafari's basic version to SkySafari Plus or Pro. Make sure to get the version you want!
The basic version of SkySafari includes ten times more star data than Google SkyMap. Our apps contain hundreds of built-in images, and include thousands of object descriptions, written by professional astronomers. Other apps give you Wikipedia links - which don't do much good out in the field, away from Wi-Fi or data network connections.
Other apps cannot reproduce basic astronomical phenomena like lunar eclipses and Jovian satellite shadow transits. Our apps, by contrast, were developed by passionate astronomers with a penchant for quality and accuracy. We make a living from our products, and we stand by them.
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PERFORMANCE TIPS
Is SkySafari having trouble downloading its data files? Is it running slowly? Check our web site for help:
Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions about SkySafari for Android:
If all else fails, send us an email - we're firstname.lastname@example.org, and we're happy to hear from you.
This pro version of Solar Explorer includes more spacecraft, more functions and has no ads!
★ HD graphics and awesome music and sound effects
★ Easy to use and intuitive controls
★ Detailed information about dozens of planets and moons
★ Images based on real photos taken by telescopes or NASA spacecraft
★ Ideal educational introduction to the solar system for kids
★ An atmospheric experience in the vacuum of space!
Easy to use controls make navigation a breeze. A simple tap will send you soaring into the outer reaches of deep space. Another tap will return you safely home to Earth.
There’s lots to see and do. In addition to beautiful graphics, Solar System Explorer also includes a great deal of information about the planetary systems you’ll visit. Learning has never been so enjoyable!
Become the pilot. With the new free-flight option, you can take direct control and fly the spaceship yourself. Accompanied by a rumbling engine, you’ll be swooping through the asteroid belt, diving through the gas giant Saturn’s rings and surfing the upper atmosphere of planets. It’s the next best thing to a space walk!
The 3D models in this app are based on photos taken by NASA spacecraft and both space-based and ground based telescopes. Because some of the moons around the gas giants have only been visited once or twice, we may have partially complete images. Missing surface detail for these moons is estimated from what can be seen.
In this solar system simulator, visit the brilliant blue-green planet Uranus, knocked onto its side by a massive collision. See the proto-planet Ceres which makes up one third of the mass of the asteroid belt. Travel to Neptune's moon Triton which orbits in the opposite direction to its other moon, Proteus. Take in the sights of the Jupiter's heavily scarred moon Callisto, its surface pockmarked by countless impact craters.
Places to visit in the Solar System Explorer orrery:
The Sun, otherwise known as Sol
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars
Gas giant planets: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Moons: Luna, Deimos and Phobos, Callisto, Europa, Ganymede, Io, Mimas, Tethys, Enceladus, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus, Miranda, Umbriel, Ariel, Oberon, Titania, Triton, Proteus, Charon
Dwarf planets: Ceres and Vesta
The former planet Pluto
Spacecraft including NASA's Voyager, Juno, New Horizons, Dawn, Cassini, Pioneer and Russia's Zond 3
Solar System Explorer: the 3D solar system simulator for pocket astronomers!
Download the old Solar Explorer Lite at http://apps.burlock.org/solar-explorer-hd-can-download-lite/
- 50% OFF TODAY! Buy it NOW! ✿
Rockets & Spacecrafts Bible is an application containing detailed information of 250+ rockets, spacecrafts, and space probes mankind had ever built. It is an excellent educational reference for people who are interested in space as well as those who are interested to become an astronaut or astronomer. For most spacecrafts included in this app, the following information is included:
- High Quality Image
- Name and type of the spacecraft
- Operating Organization
- Mission Type
- Launch Dates
- Launch Sites
- Mission Duration
- Mass & Dimension
- Orbital Period
- Orbital Elements
- Detailed History
The application is optimized for Android 1.6+ devices.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPECT
This application has the following features:
- An interface with THUMBNAIL preview of each item
- The ability to bookmark selected spacecrafts for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other spacecrafts
- A spacecrafts search engine
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
Learn the challenges NASA faces as it works to develop an inflatable spacecraft. Choose the right shape, materials and trajectory to use a HIAD to bring cargo back from space.
To successfully guide an inflatable spacecraft through the super heat of atmospheric re-entry requires the right stuff. If you inflate too early, your shape is incorrect or your material isn’t strong enough - you burn up. And if you get all that right and miss the target the mission is a bust.
Try your hand at landing a HIAD and become a rocket scientist. Advance through all stages at each of the four levels, collecting up to three stars for each successful landing.
The HIAD game challenges players to successfully land a HIAD after launching from the International Space Station and arriving at a target ground point on Earth. To successfully reach the target, players must:
• Undock from the ISS and use thruster control to steer the spacecraft towards the desired de-orbit point
• Inflate the HIAD aeroshell to reduce velocity and protect the payload from the heat of atmospheric re-entry
• Steer the inflated HIAD to the ground target prior to parachute deployment, taking into account the prevailing winds
• Customize the HIAD vehicle to achieve different performance characteristics to improve results
• Multiple spacecraft configurations and options
• Speed and trajectory controls
• In-game introduction
• Four levels of engineering mastery
• Locked levels
• Scoring for each level
• Help section
• Links to related website
The app has the following features:
> Simulation and Graphics:
Allows the user to add celestial objects with different masses at any position he/she likes. The user can set the initial velocity of the body by flicking his/her finger on the screen.
Ability to change the time-step, thereby allowing the user to vary the accuracy and speed of the simulation.
Option to add and simulate objects in our own solar system, or to create an entirely new solar system from scratch.
Contains zooming and panning controls for the simulation view.
> Solar System Information
Users can view the following data of the Sun, the 8 planets and the Moon:
Physical characteristics : Mass, Radius, Escape velocity etc.
Orbital characteristics : Aphelion, Perihelion, Orbital perid etc.
Atmospheric data : Surface pressure and composition.
Join our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/i.realitysoft
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
Notes: This is a beta preview version 9 (and the last beta).
Notes for transmission problems from ISS: Sometimes video is not available by transmission problems. Be patient, in few minutes or hours the transmision will return.
News version 9:
- Added secondary camera video stream (sometimes with audio!)
- Chromecast support!! Now you can see earth realtime video in your TV (only with basic support)
- Now you can choose activate automatic translation in Settings (for Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian and Spanish)
- A message is displayed when the video is temporarily unavailable.
- Correction of several bugs reported by users. Thanks!!
News version 8:
- Fix day and night layer
News version 7:
- Solved important bug in Android 5.0 and some devices (crash on start)
- Added spanish translation
News version 6:
- New lateral menu
- New full map view
- New configuration settings
-keep screen on
-video only with wifi (prevents data carrier usage)
-map lock ISS
-show day/night layer
- Help only appears once and you can see it again with help option
News version 5:
- Add realtime night/day regions in map
- Better map panning and automatic return to ISS
- Smaller ads in landescape view
News version 4:
- Fix video stream
- Add rate button
News version 3:
- Resolved multiple problems/bugs
- Show ISS orbit over map
News version 2:
- Double tap for fullscreen video
- Immersive mode where available
- Better performance on rotate screen
- General optimizations
- New material design
- Android 5.0 compatibility
- Be sure you are using a wifi connection because the streaming video consumes a lot of data.
About video stream:
- Black Image = International Space Station (ISS) is on the night side of the Earth.
- No Audio = Normal. There is no audio by design.
The world’s most widely read general science journal, Science provides broad, comprehensive coverage of the latest developments in science policy and cutting-edge research. From astronomy to microbiology, Science spans the sciences, and the globe, to keep you up to date on the events that are shaping science around the world.
As a subscriber you'll enjoy: 51 weekly issues delivered to your tablet or phone, instant online access to every Science article ever published since 1880, exclusive e-mail alerts, and much more.
Plus, every Science subscription includes a one-year membership in the non-profit AAAS. Open to everyone, AAAS is an advocate for all of the sciences, and is home to a community of over 120,000 people, from Nobel Laureates to high school students, who believe in the power of science to make our world a better place.
Subscribe today and fill your next 365 days with information, community, and Science.
Play through the game’s 30 levels to earn special Creature Cards, and then pick up nine more in the fast-paced bonus rounds! Can you collect all 39 cards for a complete set? Pick your avatar and start sorting!
- Multi-user system: each child can choose and name his/her own avatar from one of twelve organisms
- Educational information about classification
- Earn Creature Cards to learn more about organisms
- Three progressively difficult modes teach classification
This app was developed by AAAS Science NetLinks, a free online resource for teachers and students. For more science activities and interactives, visit sciencenetlinks.com.
Send kids on fun, educational Quests with Active Explorer on their mobile devices!
Educators, afterschool providers, group leaders, or parents log in to the Active Explorer website as leaders and create Quests for kids. Leaders then share the Quest number and password with their student explorers so they can complete the Quest.
Using the Active Explorer app, kids participate in a Quest by capturing data via photo, video, audio, text, map coordinate, and/or graph.
Similar to a scavenger hunt, a Quest might ask students to create data that includes:
Notes about different kinds of seeds found in a kid's backyard
Pictures of items in a museum visited on a field trip
Videos interviewing a kid's family members
Map coordinates showing the most popular restaurants in an explorer's town
As explorers work their way through the quest requirements, they can upload the resources they create to the Active Explorer website. Then, kids go to the website to use that data to make posters, comics, slide shows, and other SmartWorks to show off the information they compiled.
Active Explorer collects no personally identifiable information from explorers. Both the website and the app are free of charge and ad-free. visit http://active-explorer.com">http://active-explorer.com to learn more.