This app performs a simple yet powerful task; by enabling "Launch Kid Mode when device turns on", your Android Device will immediately launch Kid Mode (by Zoodles) when it powers on (after having been turned off or rebooted).
This will allow you to hand the device to your child without the risk of them accidentally turning the device off/on (or rebooting it) to subvert/exit Kid Mode.
When you no longer require this feature, simply disable it and continue using your device as normal.
After Enabling this feature, test it by powering off your device, then turning it back on.
Easily enable/disable the app by accessing it using the statusbar notification.
Reboot's Ramblings is not affiliated with Zoodles. This is simply a tool to provide more control over the Kid Mode App. This app is not a premium feature of Kid Mode and is not required to use the Kid Mode App.
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
• EASY: you don't need any special skills, just start drawing
• INTERESTING: try different styles of drawings
• FUNNY: now you can draw nice animals, or cartoon characters or cars and more
• self-teaching (educational)
• the app includes lots of drawings such as: cartoon characters, animals, cars, dragons, planes, flowers, and much more!
• each drawing is divided into a number of steps which are easy to follow.
• starting from a few lines, you’ll end up with a complete picture.
• You can create your own drawing and draw right on the screen.
• parents can use it to give drawing lessons to their kids.
The next permissions:
used for showing and maintance ads only
used for saving your own drawings only
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
Using latitude and altitude a more accurate value for g can be found. This application will tell you what the local gravity is at your location, at any latitude and altitude of your choice and at a selection of different locations around the world.
Gravity, proton, neutron, table of elements, force, mass, einstein, processing, game, particles, stability.
The world’s most widely read general science journal, Science provides broad, comprehensive coverage of the latest developments in science policy and cutting-edge research. From astronomy to microbiology, Science spans the sciences, and the globe, to keep you up to date on the events that are shaping science around the world.
As a subscriber you'll enjoy: 51 weekly issues delivered to your tablet or phone, instant online access to every Science article ever published since 1880, exclusive e-mail alerts, and much more.
Plus, every Science subscription includes a one-year membership in the non-profit AAAS. Open to everyone, AAAS is an advocate for all of the sciences, and is home to a community of over 120,000 people, from Nobel Laureates to high school students, who believe in the power of science to make our world a better place.
Subscribe today and fill your next 365 days with information, community, and Science.
Play through the game’s 30 levels to earn special Creature Cards, and then pick up nine more in the fast-paced bonus rounds! Can you collect all 39 cards for a complete set? Pick your avatar and start sorting!
- Multi-user system: each child can choose and name his/her own avatar from one of twelve organisms
- Educational information about classification
- Earn Creature Cards to learn more about organisms
- Three progressively difficult modes teach classification
This app was developed by AAAS Science NetLinks, a free online resource for teachers and students. For more science activities and interactives, visit sciencenetlinks.com.
Send kids on fun, educational Quests with Active Explorer on their mobile devices!
Educators, afterschool providers, group leaders, or parents log in to the Active Explorer website as leaders and create Quests for kids. Leaders then share the Quest number and password with their student explorers so they can complete the Quest.
Using the Active Explorer app, kids participate in a Quest by capturing data via photo, video, audio, text, map coordinate, and/or graph.
Similar to a scavenger hunt, a Quest might ask students to create data that includes:
Notes about different kinds of seeds found in a kid's backyard
Pictures of items in a museum visited on a field trip
Videos interviewing a kid's family members
Map coordinates showing the most popular restaurants in an explorer's town
As explorers work their way through the quest requirements, they can upload the resources they create to the Active Explorer website. Then, kids go to the website to use that data to make posters, comics, slide shows, and other SmartWorks to show off the information they compiled.
Active Explorer collects no personally identifiable information from explorers. Both the website and the app are free of charge and ad-free. visit http://active-explorer.com">http://active-explorer.com to learn more.