This app is Tablet Ready. It was HD images that will look amazing in your new Honeycomb Tablet. Tested in the Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1.
***GOT A TABLET: TRY THE BEST COLORING APP FOR TABLETS
Color & Draw for kids HD***
It displays 40 remarkable images of means of transportation of all types, land, air, water and even construction vehicles.
Tap the image to hear the sound played back.
Tap the name bar to hear a voiceover of the name.
***Looking for Tablet App for kids. Try our new and award winning
Color & Draw for kids
50% launch sale for a limited time only****
This dynamic allows children to associate images, forms and sounds, as well as practice fine motor skills while building their early vocabulary.
Images included: car, race car, train, bus, ship, speed boat, submarine, airplane, glider, helicopter, rocket and more!
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
The app has the following features:
> Simulation and Graphics:
Allows the user to add celestial objects with different masses at any position he/she likes. The user can set the initial velocity of the body by flicking his/her finger on the screen.
Ability to change the time-step, thereby allowing the user to vary the accuracy and speed of the simulation.
Option to add and simulate objects in our own solar system, or to create an entirely new solar system from scratch.
Contains zooming and panning controls for the simulation view.
> Solar System Information
Users can view the following data of the Sun, the 8 planets and the Moon:
Physical characteristics : Mass, Radius, Escape velocity etc.
Orbital characteristics : Aphelion, Perihelion, Orbital perid etc.
Atmospheric data : Surface pressure and composition.
Join our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/i.realitysoft
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
Notes: This is a beta preview version 9 (and the last beta).
Notes for transmission problems from ISS: Sometimes video is not available by transmission problems. Be patient, in few minutes or hours the transmision will return.
News version 9:
- Added secondary camera video stream (sometimes with audio!)
- Chromecast support!! Now you can see earth realtime video in your TV (only with basic support)
- Now you can choose activate automatic translation in Settings (for Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian and Spanish)
- A message is displayed when the video is temporarily unavailable.
- Correction of several bugs reported by users. Thanks!!
News version 8:
- Fix day and night layer
News version 7:
- Solved important bug in Android 5.0 and some devices (crash on start)
- Added spanish translation
News version 6:
- New lateral menu
- New full map view
- New configuration settings
-keep screen on
-video only with wifi (prevents data carrier usage)
-map lock ISS
-show day/night layer
- Help only appears once and you can see it again with help option
News version 5:
- Add realtime night/day regions in map
- Better map panning and automatic return to ISS
- Smaller ads in landescape view
News version 4:
- Fix video stream
- Add rate button
News version 3:
- Resolved multiple problems/bugs
- Show ISS orbit over map
News version 2:
- Double tap for fullscreen video
- Immersive mode where available
- Better performance on rotate screen
- General optimizations
- New material design
- Android 5.0 compatibility
- Be sure you are using a wifi connection because the streaming video consumes a lot of data.
About video stream:
- Black Image = International Space Station (ISS) is on the night side of the Earth.
- No Audio = Normal. There is no audio by design.
This app performs a simple yet powerful task; by enabling "Launch Kid Mode when device turns on", your Android Device will immediately launch Kid Mode (by Zoodles) when it powers on (after having been turned off or rebooted).
This will allow you to hand the device to your child without the risk of them accidentally turning the device off/on (or rebooting it) to subvert/exit Kid Mode.
When you no longer require this feature, simply disable it and continue using your device as normal.
After Enabling this feature, test it by powering off your device, then turning it back on.
Easily enable/disable the app by accessing it using the statusbar notification.
Reboot's Ramblings is not affiliated with Zoodles. This is simply a tool to provide more control over the Kid Mode App. This app is not a premium feature of Kid Mode and is not required to use the Kid Mode App.
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
Ever wanted to play with your food? Now you can! Toca Boca kids apps bring you Toca Kitchen, where you cook and play with food for four hungry characters. Pick any ingredient and prepare it in your own way! Slice, boil, fry, cook, microwave or mix? And wait for your hungry friend´s response…
We created this educational app for kids to give the mud cakes a new face, a complete virtual make-over which the kids will love! The characters fearful reactions to different meals will make you giggle. Does the cat like salty fish? Would the boy eat potatoes and greens? Mix and mismatch you own meal with no high scores or time limits in this fun cooking app.
- Four cute characters to cook for - each with their own favorite food!
- 12 different ingredients that can be prepared in 180 different ways!
- Slice, boil, fry, cook, microwave anything you like!
- Professional and fun kids app design!
- No rules or stress!
- Kid-friendly interface
- No in-app purchases
- No third party advertising
Toca Kitchen is not a game - it's a toy where you and your kids get to explore cooking. What happens if you mix a carrot and then fry it? Will the cat like it? And what is the bull's favorite food? Toca Kitchen supports free play for all ages and is a great way to use your imagination.
As with all Toca Boca apps, there are no high scores, time limits or stressful music. Rest assured this app for kids let’s kids play however they want!
ABOUT TOCA BOCA APPS
Toca Boca is a game studio that makes digital toys for kids. We think playing and having fun is the best way to learn about the world. Therefore we make digital toys and free kids games that help stimulate the imagination, and that you can play together with your kids. Best of all - we do it in a safe way without third-party advertising or in-app purchases.
You will find the following objects on the coloring pages:
- Moon Lander
- Space station
- Easy to play
- Share your drawings via email, Facebook, etc.
- Save and load your coloring pages
- Make your own drawing or wallpaper
- Intuitive icons and navigation. Simple to play
- Pro version without ads and pop-ups available
And once the coloring page is finished, you can easily share it with family and friends.
It is a convenient and easy way to asses colleagues and fellow researchers based on their citation impact (h/g-index).
RocketScientist visualizes the citation impact and research interest of a scientist or academic based on data provided by Google Scholar.
The citation impact of a scientist is calculated using the widely applied citation metrics like Hirsch index (h-index) and g-index based on the data provided by Google Scholar.
RocketScientist is a free application that lets you browse through the search results returned by Google Scholar and view free PDF article.
Publications (papers and books), which have not been written by the academic of interest, can be removed manually from the calculation of the citation impact.
RocketScientist presents all publications of a scientist in four ways:
(1) As a chart of publications and citation impact (number of citations) over time helps you to evaluate the impact of a researcher over time.
(2) A word cloud generated from all publication titles helps you to identify the research interest at a glance.
(3) A word cloud from all co-authors is useful to identify research networks.
(4) A full list of all publications (papers/books), linked with their source web-site if available, sorted by number of citations which allows you to remove some publications so they are not included in the calculation of the citation impact.
RocketScientist allows you to share results (chart of citation impact and publications, title and co-author word cloud) with your friends via Facebook, Google+, email, dropbox, twitter, etc.
RocketScientist - You have to know the who is who in research and science?
Our app is absolutely FREE. We need Internet access to query Google Scholar to be able to calculate the citation impact (h/g-index).
The world’s most widely read general science journal, Science provides broad, comprehensive coverage of the latest developments in science policy and cutting-edge research. From astronomy to microbiology, Science spans the sciences, and the globe, to keep you up to date on the events that are shaping science around the world.
As a subscriber you'll enjoy: 51 weekly issues delivered to your tablet or phone, instant online access to every Science article ever published since 1880, exclusive e-mail alerts, and much more.
Plus, every Science subscription includes a one-year membership in the non-profit AAAS. Open to everyone, AAAS is an advocate for all of the sciences, and is home to a community of over 120,000 people, from Nobel Laureates to high school students, who believe in the power of science to make our world a better place.
Subscribe today and fill your next 365 days with information, community, and Science.
Play through the game’s 30 levels to earn special Creature Cards, and then pick up nine more in the fast-paced bonus rounds! Can you collect all 39 cards for a complete set? Pick your avatar and start sorting!
- Multi-user system: each child can choose and name his/her own avatar from one of twelve organisms
- Educational information about classification
- Earn Creature Cards to learn more about organisms
- Three progressively difficult modes teach classification
This app was developed by AAAS Science NetLinks, a free online resource for teachers and students. For more science activities and interactives, visit sciencenetlinks.com.
Send kids on fun, educational Quests with Active Explorer on their mobile devices!
Educators, afterschool providers, group leaders, or parents log in to the Active Explorer website as leaders and create Quests for kids. Leaders then share the Quest number and password with their student explorers so they can complete the Quest.
Using the Active Explorer app, kids participate in a Quest by capturing data via photo, video, audio, text, map coordinate, and/or graph.
Similar to a scavenger hunt, a Quest might ask students to create data that includes:
Notes about different kinds of seeds found in a kid's backyard
Pictures of items in a museum visited on a field trip
Videos interviewing a kid's family members
Map coordinates showing the most popular restaurants in an explorer's town
As explorers work their way through the quest requirements, they can upload the resources they create to the Active Explorer website. Then, kids go to the website to use that data to make posters, comics, slide shows, and other SmartWorks to show off the information they compiled.
Active Explorer collects no personally identifiable information from explorers. Both the website and the app are free of charge and ad-free. visit http://active-explorer.com">http://active-explorer.com to learn more.