UmpScores Goal: Provide strong and user-friendly data analytics on plate umpire performance that improves overall fan experience and betters the game.
Target Audience: Professional baseball fans who want to utilize analytics and ratings to gain greater insight into pitch-call performance, trends, and how plate umpires can influence the game.
UmpScores helps Fans answer Key Questions :
1. Who is the home plate umpire: what is their age, experience and assigned crew?
2. Is the best umpire behind home plate?
3. How is the plate umpire performing this month, season and over his career?
4. Does the umpire strike zone favor the pitcher- or batter?
5. How many incorrect calls are made per game and per inning?
6. What is each umpire’s pitch-call accuracy relative to peers?
7. For the season, in what park has the umpire performed the best and worst?
8. What is umpire performance against a given pitcher and team?
9. Does the umpire have pitch-type weaknesses?
10. Does he have strike zone blind spots?
11. What is the level of pitch-call consistency by month and season?
12. What were the number of full-count (3-2) bad calls that possibly impacted the game?
13. What weather condition does the umpire perform best under?
14. Is the umpire in a performance slump this month or season?
15. Has a particular plate umpire peaked?
16. How many ejections has an umpire made over the season?
17. Who are the top and bottom performing MLB umpires and crews?
18. Are the best umpires behind the plate for the biggest games e.g., playoffs & World Series?