WinSmash is a classic arcade game that pays homage to the late Microsoft Windows XP by reminding nostalgic people of the good old days..
In WinSmash, you are going to close windows, a LOT of windows. You have to keep pace with error messages, pop-ups, and other warnings to prevent your system from crashing abruptly. Random pop-up ads are out to get you, so stay focus to avoid the dreaded blue screen of death.
WinSmash is a true arcade game, with quickly increasing difficulty. Smash as many windows as possible to make it to the top of the leaderboard!
This game emulates computer crashes within the game. What you are seeing is not real, and your phone is totally fine. The game also pops up fake ads, they are not harmful and it is safe to click on them as they won't lead you to any outside website.
Music and sound effects used in the game have been kindly provided by https://www.freesound.org/ under the Creative Common license:
- Main game theme: https://www.freesound.org/people/joshuaempyre/sounds/251461/
- Unclickable windows beep: https://www.freesound.org/people/anthonychartier2020/sounds/341278/
- Window closing effect: https://www.freesound.org/people/kianda/sounds/328120/
- Game Over background sound (modified to be made looping): https://www.freesound.org/people/DarkoZL/sounds/182303/
- Window pop-up: https://www.freesound.org/people/GabrielAraujo/sounds/242502/
- Window minimization: https://www.freesound.org/people/Streety/sounds/30243/
Link to the licence: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/