WifiOpti 2.0 is an all new version of WifiOpti, the app that handles your wifi connection for you.
Back in the days of Froyo and Gingerbread it was still recommended to turn wifi off when it wasn't in use so that's what WifiOpti primarily focused on: making sure your wifi hardware wasn't using power when it wasn't needed.
These days the hardware has improved a lot. Power consumption of an idle wifi chip uses almost nothing anymore. But there are still some annoyances that have to do with how wifi works and how it is handled by the Android OS.
So let's see what WifiOpti can do for you:
- A service that only runs when you are connected, making sure it only looks for better networks when they are actually available (this rule is important as the rules below only apply when the service is active)
- Receives all wifi scans that are performed by the system and other apps
- Performs an additional scan when you unlock your device
- Always connects to the access point with the strongest signal
- Options to prefer secured, unmetered and non-hotspot (Ziggo, UPC, KPN Fon) networks
- Snooze the service when you don't want it to interfere
- Support for other apps like Tasker integration via intent actions
Supports the following intent actions that other apps can send:
If you experience problems, have feature requests or other ideas to improve the app: do contact me!