WHY WE EXIST
You are desperate for more sustainable products and offerings. You are frustrated with the waste & environmentally harmful practices of businesses. You know we're running out of time. Yet, businesses are moving towards sustainability at a snail's pace. What gives?
Well, put simply - businesses don't know you care. They don't know why you moved on to another brand. They don't know you don't want plastic. They don't know you'd spend more money or come back more often if they did better.
There's a massive data gap in sustainability. Beyond a few landmark studies and general sustainability statistics - there's no granular, business, or industry-specific consumer data to help move businesses from insight to action. Businesses are riding the status quo train, waiting for their consumers (and their dollars) to take the lead.
Remark exists to fill this gap.
HOW WE DO IT
Through this app, we give you the "consumer" a direct line to decision-makers (whether it be the restaurant owner down the street or an executive of a major corporation) through email. We then provide businesses with the data & resources they need to make the switch to more sustainable operations.
Emails are sent semi-anonymously (we only include your first name and last initial) and we give you visibility into whether your email has been read or responded to.
EXAMPLES OF WHEN TO USE THIS APP
1) Discourage the Bad
• Ask your grocery store to bring back bulk items
• Ask a food or beverage packaged goods company to reduce plastic in their packaging
• Ask an online retailer to use sustainable packaging materials.
• Ask a restaurant to find an alternative to styrofoam
• Ask your bank to Divest from Fossil Fuels
2) Encourage the good:
• Tell a restaurant you appreciate them using compostables and reusables
• Tell your grocery store you appreciate them allowing personal containers
• Send appreciation for an online retailer's use of sustainable packaging
WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING
If this resonates with you, please scroll up and download the app. Use Remark throughout the day whenever you encounter (un)friendly business sustainability practices.
Because the system won't change until we tell it to.