RescueTime helps you manage your computer and mobile time so you can do more meaningful work.
RescueTime shows you where your day went, and helps you manage the many distractions that pull at your attention. Multitasking, information overload, and juggling the demands of the modern workplace all take a toll on your ability to do your most important work and live a balanced life.
RescueTime is a fully automatic productivity tracker that can track time on the computer, time spent on websites, and mobile screen time.
- Accurate automatic time tracking of your mobile apps
- Report your voice call time
- Know where your web site time is spent
- Set goals for your digital life
- See how your digital habits change over time
- Privacy options let you control exactly what gets tracked
- Track offline activities like meetings and exercise
RescueTime for Android records how long you spend in mobile apps, websites and phone calls. All your time is automatically categorized and ranked by productivity level (distracting - neutral - productive). You don’t need to do anything (but you can customize everything!). Each week, you’ll get a weekly summary report giving you an overview of your logged time. Full reports and charts–along with goals, alerts, and lots of other features–are available via the web app.
If you are also using the RescueTime desktop app, your mobile time combines seamlessly with your computer time into a single set of reports. You can track all of your devices on a single account.
RescueTime Premium costs $9 per month, or $72 per year. RescueTime Lite is free forever.
Key features of RescueTime Premium are:
- More reporting details, like contact names for phone calls and (PC) document names
- Website time reporting on computer and mobile
- FocusTime distraction management. Block distracting websites on desktop and silence your phone / notifications on mobile
- Set intelligent alerts to get nudged when you spend too much time on distractions or cheer you on when you hit your goals
- Unlimited data history (RescueTime Lite only shows a 3 month history)
-- Support --
RescueTime offers full support of the paid and free subscription. Just log in to our website at www.rescuetime.com and click "help" in the top right corner, then "start a discussion" to create the ticket. You get direct engineer access!
Please, before you rate us, give us a chance to help you!
-- Developer Notes: Help us Improve --
LG G3 users: LG has shipped a broken Lollipop OTA update that is missing the "app usage" API. Until they address the problem, our app cannot work for you (unless you stay on Android 4.x).
Android 5 (Lollipop) users: website time tracking is working now.
Good news! Website visits are now reported in browsers on Android devices. Currently supported browsers are Chrome, Chrome (beta), Android Browser, Dolphin. Firefox and DolphinMini are not due to limits in their design.
We require an email because that is our "user name", and it is how we identify your login across multiple devices. Your email is NEVER shared with anyone.
Our app should not be transmitting much data-- on a few hundred KB per day. If you are seeing more than this there could be a problem with your install. Let us know by email, we can track it down! (We are not aware of any issue for this in version 2.0.0.)
If you have ANY issues or questions, please contact us via the help system, or send email to email@example.com and give us a chance to help you. We happily extend Pro trials if your setup has any issues.
The permissions we request of your phone are designed to make this tracking possible. More information is available on our website.