* Discover hidden gardens and gems
* Explore wildlife refuges
* Hike wooded nature trails
* Uncover salt marshes and undeveloped coastline
* Hone your skills at birding
* Celebrate outdoor art and spectacular city views
* And much more...
Discover the city all over again with NYC Nature & Outdoors!
★ About the Author ★
Susan Finch is a travel and lifestyle writer living in Brooklyn, NY. She's written and updated five travel guidebooks for Falcon Guides and Globe Pequot Press, including NYC and Long Island destinations. Her work has also appeared in The LA Times, The Boston Globe, Bust Magazine, and Kayak.com, among other national and local outlets. Finch also served as an Associate Editor for FamilyTravelForum.com. Her favorite NYC nature spots are Governor's Island, Mount Loretto Unique Area, and the gardens at Saint John the Divine where white peacocks roam the grounds.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search for different types of permitted events
- Find events near you
- Get directions to events
- Avoid street closures while driving
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 7 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
New York City is an enormous city. Each of its five boroughs is the equivalent of a large city in its own right and may itself be divided into districts. These borough and district articles contain sightseeing, restaurant, nightlife and accommodation listings — consider printing them all.
New York City (also referred to as "New York", "NYC", "The Big Apple", or just "The City" by locals), is the most populous city in the United States. It lies at the mouth of the Hudson River in the southernmost part of the state, which is part of the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. The city spans a land area of 305 square miles (790 km²).
New York City has a population of approximately 8.2 million people. The New York Metropolitan Area, which spans lower New York, northern New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut, has a population of 18.7 million, making it the largest metropolitan area in the U.S. As of 2007, it was 5th largest in the world, after Tokyo, São Paulo, Mexico City and Seoul.
New York City is a center for media, culture, food, fashion, art, research, finance, and trade. It has one of the largest and most famous skylines on earth, dominated by the iconic Empire State Building.
Alternative Walks NYC Conspiraciones te llevará por más de treinta puntos por toda la ciudad, centrándose especialmente en Manhattan, y todos ellos con el común denominador de los filmes y películas de conspiraciones.
Conoce los edificios, su historia y características a lo largo de las tres rutas que te proponemos en esta app GRATUITA y con TEXTO COMPLETO.
Si vas a viajar a NYC no lo dudes; Alternative Walks completará tus guías a la perfección. Si te gusta el cine, las tramas conspiratorias tampoco deberías quedarte al margen.
Intuitiva, sencilla de manejar y con textos propios, elaborados por Future Eye. Pruébala; no te arrepentirás.
A comprehensive and entertaining location-based NYC Guide with Social Networking integration, designed to be a helpful day-to-day tool for both, NYC residents and visitors.
-- Integrated GPS GEO Location Search, Maps and Directions (needs access to internet)
-- Places (*) (Culture, Education, Entertainment, Food, Hotels, Local Businesses, Outdoors, Professional Places, Residences, Services, Shops, Sports, Tourism, Transportation)
-- Attractions (*): Art, Entertainment & Places to See.
-- Dining (*): Restaurants & Gastronomy
-- Shopping (*): Shops & Services
-- Nightlife (*): Bars, Music Clubs & Party-Locations
-- Broadway: Theaters and important Addresses
-- Sightseeing: Must-See Places & Top-Attractions in NYC. Find locations, directions, and watch linked youtube videos.
-- Events: NYC Events. What - When - Where - in New York.
-- Musicals: Up-to-date informations about all Broadway Musicals. What - Where - When.
-- NYC Parks Events: All upcoming Events in all public NYC parks. What - Where - When (Workshops, Concerts, Fitness, for Kids, Art, Artistic, and much more.)
-- Central Park Events & News
-- The Historic House Trust of New York City: All upcoming Events
-- NYPD Advisory Feed: Stay up-to-date with the latest Advisories from the New York Police Department.
-- Video Channels: Multiple NYC youtube video feeds with direct links to NYC videos:
Channels sorted by "Latest Additions":
- NYC Fashion
Channels by "Most Viewed":
- Central Park
- NYC Fashion
- Time Square
- 5th Avenue
-- NYC PhotoFeeds: Look at wonderful NYC photos released by talented photographers through public flickr photo groups:
- NYC, Street Photography, NY,NY, NY Life, High Line, Manhattan, NY Photography, Central Park, NYC Landmarks, NYC from A to ZED, SoHo New York, Tenement Museum, MoMA, MMoA, Bronx Zoo.
-- Weather: Just one click to view current NYC weather conditions and weather forecast provided by the National Weather Service
-- Get Social within the NYC app: Create an User Account, Set-up your Profile, Check-In into Places in Manhattan and New York City, comment & recommend (we called it "Shout"), Share to facebook - twitter - or by email, send and receive Messages, become Friends, and read what other users have to say ("Wall").
-- Direct access to the apps' facebook and twitter pages to provide active user support
-- App FAQ's
For the best user experience, and to enjoy all functionalities of the NYC app, it needs access to the Internet!
(*): If you are in NYC the generated GPS GEO-location search results will automatically show you local places just where you are, around you, and nearby. This way you can enjoy the full power and best user experience of the GEO-location tool. The directions tool can show you the way from where you are right now, to selected places.
If you are NOT in NYC you can search for specific places in NYC using the search box within the corresponding places sections. The automated location listings always will bring up places around you - there where you are right now. (App needs access to the Internet.)
(not optimized for tablets)
Museums In New York isn't a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. U get useful info like:
Works w/Samsung Galaxy Tab!
- all 5 boroughs!
-choose by category
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
-Full menu access
-View past orders
-Access saved delivery addresses
-Restaurant location, hours and contact information