Music composition and notation is simple and fast with Score Fast Free.
Score Fast Free helps you to quickly "score" (compose, notate) music. You can edit, listen to and save your compositions, musical ideas, music teaching resources, etc.
- Compose and edit your music faster than writing it on paper simply by selecting a note, rest or other musical notation and then tapping on your score.
- Your music is displayed just like printed music, for true "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) editing.
- All editing “options” are displayed in a scrollable row that can be easily shown/hidden. All editing options are also available in menus. The most common editing options are always available above the score. You can use whatever is most convenient to you.
- Add a note, rest, etc. and your score automatically scrolls to where you need to be.
- Your score can be scrolled in any direction.
- Notes are automatically grouped according to the time signature.
- Move notes and rests up/down.
- Notate simple triplets, as well as complex tuplets (such as 5:3).
- Change the tempo of your score.
- Edit your score’s title, composer and copyright notice.
- Add/remove repeats and final double measure/bar lines.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- All deletes are preceded by warnings.
- Display note letter names, and/or note octave, and/or MIDI numbers on notes.
- Use American or British notation terms.
- Play your score and watch it auto-scroll to the playing notes.
- Play your score from any measure/bar.
- Play your score with selected staffs/staves muted.
- Your score is auto-saved every two minutes whilst editing.
- When selecting an existing score to open you can listen to any score, view details about any score, and delete any score.
- Save your scores as images (PNG).
- Generated MIDI files can be opened in other scoring software.
- Many “Settings” allow you to customise Score Fast Free for your personal use.
- Navigate within Score Fast Free using the navigation menu.
- Designed for smart phones and tablets; works the same way on all devices.
- Helpful reminders are displayed if you try to do something musically incorrect.
- Help is readily available within Score Fast Free. Inline help is available by long pressing on any “option”. All functionality is thoroughly documented.
- No network connection is required.
- There are no annoying ads - the whole screen is yours.
Score Fast Free has many educational uses:
- Learning note names.
- Remembering key signatures.
- Experimenting with time signatures.
- Rhythm and melody dictation exercises.
- Practising interval recognition.
- Preparing music theory exercises.
- Developing music notation skills in general.
- The possibilities are endless.
Score Fast Free can help you with your practice by notating a passage in Score Fast Free, and then practising the passage at the same time as you play it in Score Fast Free in a wide range of tempos. Difficult rhythms, such as complex tuplets, can be heard played accurately by Score Fast Free.
Score Fast Pro is also available as a separate app. Score Fast Pro has much greater functionality compared to Score Fast Free.