In a world without rules, filled with ufos, tall buildings, and exploding birds, there stands one man: the Spectre. And you're back. Back from where? Who knows! Maybe this will be covered in the prequel.
Nevertheless, in RETURN OF THE SPECTRE it's your job to run, jump and shoot your way through an infinitely scrolling cityscape, laying waste to all boxes, weather vanes, and cacti in your path. Can you defeat the elusive Mega Boss* and restore peace to the entire city before horribly dying to a flock of birds?
*Sorry, the elusive Mega Boss is hiding in his underground bunker playing video games right now. Maybe he'll make an appearance in a future release.
Two things: first, RETURN OF THE SPECTRE is a work-in-progress. Second, it's free...but it's supported solely through ads that show up every couple of deaths. If you like it, please consider rating it accordingly. if not...well, i would love to know why. please send any comments, complaints, random ideas of junk to throw at the player, or whatever you feel like sending to email@example.com!
How to Play:
Playing RETURN OF THE SPECTRE is simplicity itself! No, really, all you need to know is these bullet points:
- Press the JUMP buttons, located in the bottom left and right corners of your screen, to shoot. Really? NO, PRESSING THE JUMP BUTTON JUMPS!
- While your character is RUNNING, press ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN to SHOOT YOUR TRUSTY LASER PISTOL. There's a short cooldown on laser shots, so don't sit there and expect to open up a can of LASER SPAM on enemies. You shoot faster while running than in the air.
- While your character is JUMPING, press ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN to SHOOT YOUR TRUSTY LASER PISTOL. Please note that shooting in the air KNOCKS YOUR CHARACTER BACK A BIT. This can be used to kill yourself OR more productively, cross gaps that you couldn't normally.
- Most things explode in this game. This is because I was too lazy to draw chunks of rocks and UFOs flying around the screen. So everything just explodes. Or disappears.
- If you touch certain obstacles (non-spiny cacti, boxes, and such), you'll slow down drastically. If you touch certain OTHER obstacles, you will die.