Mixing and mastering is the secret sauce of any audio production. In this collection of tutorials you learn all about mixing and mastering "in-the-box" with Studio One. With its robust mixer and plethora of innovative plugins, Studio One can handle any genre of music you can throw at it!
This course takes you through the final stages of the production process where you learn all about the mix console, setting levels, pro audio processing, automation and side chaining as well as bus compression and very cool bus folders.
Once the track is mixed, Gary sets up a mastering project. This is where all of the songs in your album come together and are fused into a coherent collection. Here you are taken step-by-step through all of Studio One’s mastering plugins. You learn about loudness. You also dive into frequencies and see how to use the very cool Spectral Meter. Gary also explains the all-important mastering plugin chain and how multi-band compressors and limiters are deployed to get that platinum audio sound! This course comes to a conclusion with a section on dithering, burning and sharing your beautifully mixed and mastered tunes!
It’s time to start mixing and mastering with Studio One!
Table of Contents:
1. Preparing a Song for Mixing
2. Setting Up Markers
3. The Mix Console
4. EQing Tracks
5. Dynamics with Compression
6. Reverb for Depth
7. Delay and Modulation FX
8. Sidechain Compression
9. Getting Deeper with Automation
10. Bus and Folder Automation
11. Bus Compression on Bus Folders
12. Exporting the Mixdown
13. Setting Up a Mastering Project
14. Editing Songs in the Project
15. Adjusting Volumes of Tracks
16. Adding Inserts for the Pre, Master and Post
17. Mastering Chain Order
18. Using 'Detect Loudness'
19. The Spectral and Output Meters
20. Using Multiband Compression
21. Limiting Your Tracks
22. Disable Tracks
24. Burning a CD
25. Images and DDP Explained
26. Digital Releases
Not only can you listen to today’s band, with free full-play songs, you can also explore previously featured bands, similar bands, and easily share your favorite new discoveries to your social networks. Band of the Day is a 100% free service, available worldwide, in the Google Play Store (Android 4.0 devices and higher).
Praise From Bands:
* “Ahhhh thank you @BandoftheDayApp! You are such darlings<3 I am in constant awe of all the support! Love you all!” - Stephanie Lauren, Golden Youth
* “I just wanted to say thank you. We are still getting tweets everyday from people who have discovered us from band of the day app!!!! It’s so nice to know that new people are discovering our music.” - Michelle Darosa, Destry
Praise From Users:
* “Way too in love with the BOTD app!!! More music discovering for me!! <3” -geannn
* “If you love music and have a smartphone, check out the Band of the Day app. Pure melodious perfection.” -L. Ramsdell
*Featured in New York Times, The Guardian, Los Angeles Times, and more.
Want to connect with Band of the Day?
* +1 us on Google Play
* Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bandoftheday
* Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/bandofthedayapp
More from developer
This is the official relaxdaily Mobile App that streams original, peaceful background music whenever you need it.
Listen while relaxing, meditating, doing yoga, being creative, while studying, planing or reviewing your week, month, or year, doing a walk or while doing your household cores. Or simply listen to relaxdaily music while you are in a mood for a calm, soothing, peaceful and positive instrumental.