Band2Play is a powerful but easy to handle playback tool. It creates a playback of the chord progression you entered, which can be used for example for jazz improvisation, for singing, as play-along, or for other purposes.
In order to make the playback sound even more appropriate, you can choose from a wide selection of playback styles, such as jazz, Bossa Nova, Latin Jazz, Pop Ballad, Rock, and more...
The handling is very easy: simply enter the chords, choose a style and click "Play" to hear the playback.
It supports almost every possible chord combination, as well as different bar times. Various Substyles as breaks, kicks etc. refine your playback.
The playback repeats and progression can be set individually; the created arrangements can be saved.
- Many different playback-styles available from sections like Jazz, Latin-Jazz, Pop, …
- Every style has substyles which you can use for breaks, voicings, kicks, and endings
- Supports nearly all chords with or without extra bass note (full list at the bottom)
- Chord changes within the same bar
- The playback order (repeats) can be set individually
- Save and open arrangements
- Rests (for all instruments or for all instruments excepted the drums)
- Automatically generated MIDI file (which can be shared or used on other devices)
- Different times: 4/4, 3/4, 6/8, …
- Tempo can be set individually
- Different playback instruments
- Audio demos in the product video
- and more
Available languages: English and German
We wish you much success and fun while practicing.
Overview of the supported chords (for example, all with C as root):
Cm, Cm2, Cm27, Cm6, Cm6b9, Cm69, Cm6#9, Cm7, Cm7b5, Cm7b9, Cm79, Cm7#9, Cm9, Cm9b11, Cm911, Cm9#11, Cmmaj7, Cmmaj79, C, C2, C2sus4, C2sus47, C247, C24, Csus4, C47, Csus47, Cb5, C6, C69, C7, C7sus4, C79, C7b9, C7#9, C7#9b13, C7#11, C713, C7b13, C9, C11, C13, Cmaj7, Cmaj7b5, Cmaj7#5, Cmaj7#59, Cmaj79, Cmaj7b9, Cmaj7#9, Cmaj7b11, Cmaj7#11, Cmaj713, Cmaj7b13, Cmaj7#13, Cmadd2, Cm7add2, Cadd2, Cadd9, Cdim, Cdim7, C°, C°7, Caug, Caug7, C+7
ChordGen is a simple, easy to use application to generate chord progressions.
Beginner musicians can use ChordGen to generate chord progressions with the root note of their choice.
You can find some of the popular chord progression sequences here in all the modern scales and modes.
Use ChordGen to get chord progressions for Piano, Acoustic guitar and Power Chords.
Chordgen also teaches you how to play each of the listed chords in the selected sequence for the particular musical instrument.
With ChordGen upgrade, You can Build your own Chord Progressions in an all easy step by step process. You can save your work and load it at a time later whenever needed. Build your own chord progression with the majors, minors, diminished, dominant, major 7th and minor 7th chords. More chords will be added soon.
You can use Chordgen as a basic level Song writing application to get ideas for your next song!
ChordGen plays the progressions in a loop and hence, can be used as a Backing-Track tool as well. How cool is that !
All you need to do is to pick up a guitar or any other musical instrument, jam on the backing track of your choice!
Get creative with these chord progressions. Get ChordGen for FREE.
Just by touching your screen twice, you can play a variety of chords.
You can play music anywhere. For example, in your room, in your car, at a cafe, at your school and even at a toilet room in your office.
Select a key according to music that you want to play. Then, the layout of root note buttons is changed. If D is selected, the bottom-left is 'D (I)', and the top-right is 'C# (VII)'. If you are not specialist of music, you can start with the key C.
You can play a variety of chords by very very very easy way! For example, if you want to sound the 'Em7' in the key 'C', touch the root note button 'E' (third column of bottom), and touch the chord button 'm7'. Then, this app plays the chord of 'Em7' (p1, m3, p5, M7). Amazingly easy, isn't it?
Change the layout of chord buttons
If you want to play the chord '13' button, you may try to find it, but you can't find it. In this case, you can re-assign a chord to any chord button. By long-touching a chord button, a dialog interface with the list of chord pops up. You can select a chord that you want to assigned to the button.
After changing the layout, you will want to save the changes. You can save it from the "Save chord layout" button from the option menu. And you can also load it from the "Load chord layout" button anytime.
The default screen orientation setting is portrait mode. You can change the orientation to landscape mode from the option menu. It makes easier to use both left and right hands, and you can play more dramatic chord progression.
In the screen of this app, the Circle is made up of several concentric rings, which provides various information. By rotating the 2 rings, inner and outer, the needed information can be got easily.
The outer most ring shows information on the scale such as a tonic, a dominant, a sub-dominant, a relative minor, a relative major, and a progression of the degree. The next outer ring shows a series of note's name ordered by the progression of 5th, and the root note of a scale can be set by rotationg this ring. When rotating the outer ring, the inner ring rotates also. The next ring shows a degree of a note and a diatonic chord in that scale. By rotaing the next ring, a chord can be set. If a note name of the outer ring is touched, then a diatonic chord, of which the root note is the note, is set. Instead of the inner chord ring, a key progression ring can be displayed which is very useful when transposing a song to another key. At the center of the concentric rings, a signiture of the scale is displayed.
Both a handset or a tablet are supported. However, it is recommended you to use this app on a tablet larger than a 7-inch for a better usabilty.
The direction of the circle
The direction of the key progression on a circle can be set to a CW or a CCW direction by a user.
Switchable Inner Wheel
The inner wheel can be switched when it is needed. A chord wheel, a transpose wheel, and a interval wheel are avalable.
A major scale and 3 minor scale and church modes are available. The scale tones can be distinguished by its background color. A diatonic chord of the scale can be set by touching one of its scale tones.
Diatonic Scale Chord
Both triads and 7th chords are supported for each scale.
Chord wheel is uniquely designed to represent the relationship between a scale and a chord. Most diatonic chords are available. The chord tones can be distinguished by its background color or its mark.
For transposing, a ring of key progression can be displayed instead of a chord ring.
Intervals of notes can be found out easily and quickly. Just switch the inner wheel to an interval wheel.
Inversion of a Chord
The inversion of a chord can be played by clicking a button, and also can be seen through the piano view.
There are various ways of naming note names. In this app, CDEFGAB, CDEFGAH, and Fixed-Do systems are supported. Also, you can set a prefered accidental, a sharp(＃) or a flat(♭).
Information about a scale or a chord is shown on a 2-octave sized mini piano. It can be played by touching the keys.
Information about a scale or a chord also can be shown on a guitar fretboard. It's tunable.
Colors / Marks
The tones of a scale and a chord are associated with the 7 colors of the rainbow. For example, the 1st note is red, and the 7th note is violet.
Also, marks such as ●, △, ★, ◎ represent that it's 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th note.
Clef / Signature
A signature of the scale is showed at the center of rings. A clef can be set to a treble of a bass.
When the center is touched, user-defined action is performed.
The sound of a scale and a chord can be played. A chord sound can be played arpeggio pattern or not.
Piano, E.Piano, and Guitar sounds are included. The bundled sounds are recorded in high quality.
Natural / Harmonic / Melodic Minor
Major 7th aug 5th
Major aug 5th (Triad)
Suspended 2nd (Triad)
Suspended 4th (Triad)
Minor Major 7th
Dominant 7th aug 5th
Dominant 7th flat 5th
Dominant 7th sus 4th
Minor 7th flat 5th
✓ more than 60 000 songs with tabs & chords
✓ offline access to favorites
✓ highlighting of chords in a song text
✓ useful search
✓ support landscape and portrait orientations
Find your favourite songs among thousands of chords and tabs via our service and store them on your phone. It’s convenient to browse chords text with the help of zooming and auto-scrolling features. Application consumes internet traffic effectively.
A search by artist name, song title and text is available for you.
Going on a hike? Store favorite songs to your phone and no network access is required any more! Save your time and enjoy playing guitar everywhere.
If you cannot find a song - contact us!
** Limited to 3 custom chord progressions
** Cannot create custom chords
** Cannot save custom drum tracks
** No achievements
** Advertisements ('Chord Progression Studio Pro' ads only)
Purchase the PRO version of Chord Progression Studio for only 99 cents to unlock all features and support the development team. Get better access to the latest updates and developer content. Visit the app page here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carljohnfredProductions.ChordProgressionStudioPro
Chord Progression Studio allows you to create, save and play along with your own custom chord progressions!
Practice changing chords and staying in time while the chord progression plays. Discover interesting chord progressions by experimenting and listening. Practice improvising over your favorite chord progressions. Play your guitar more!
** Includes all common open chords, many major and minor barre chords and a few other miscellaneous chords (7th, sus, etc.). All with acoustic guitar audio and finger placement diagrams. *** Purchase the PRO version to create and save custom chords with audio recorded by you ***
** Place chords with quarter-beat precision (up to 4 chords per measure).
** The number of measures for the playback head to loop can be set from 1 to 8, making chord progressions from 1 to 32 chords possible.
** Save up to 3 custom chord progressions and quickly switch between different progressions. Comes loaded with numerous built-in chord progressions. *** Purchase the PRO version to save as many custom chord progressions as you want ***
** Playback head displays a visual timeline, measure and beat display, and scrolling chord display for visualizing chord changes.
** Beats per minute (BPM) can be set from 30-180.
** Optional metronome can be toggled on or off. Includes 2 sets of sounds.
** Optional drum track can be toggled on or off.
** Drum Sequence Editor allows you to edit the drum track. Load drum tracks quickly and easily. Comes with numerous built-in drum tracks. *** Purchase the PRO version to save custom drum tracks ***
** Separate volume controls for Guitar, Metronome, and Drums.
** All your settings are saved automatically, including the current chord progression and drum sequence.
** Quick start tips guide you through the interface and introduce you to the features of Chord Progression Studio.
Turn your life easy! You just have to choose the desired tone and the notes will be shown
Contain the fields
Major, minor, melodic minor, harmonic minor
Major, minor, melodic minor, harmonic minor, major pentatonic, minor pentatonic
Simple as that!
- Create great chords in 14 different keys
- Save and Load your creations
- Play chords with different tempos and looping
This application is perfect for songwriters. Piano chords and scales "Create a Chord Progression" allows you to choose chords that fit a particular scale for your chord progression.
Please let me know what you want included in the app/how I can improve it. Ty.
Chords: Major, Minor, sus2, sus4, Maj7, m7, 7th, dim, m7b5, add9, dim7, aug, Maj9
Scales: Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Pentatonic Minor, Pentatonic Blues, Ionian, Aeolian, Dorian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, Lydian, Locrian
- Chord Inversions
- Play Full Chord
If you dig this app, then rate and comment. Let me know what I can add to it..
You can also click a chord to see the suggested guitar fingering. Multiple fingerings are shown, with the most common one first.
Additionally, you can import your own chord charts into Chord Reader. Simply copy the files you want (in plain text format) from your computer to the "/sdcard/chord_reader" folder.
This is free and open-source software, so any bug reports or contributions are appreciated.
Rock on, fellow Android guitarists!
1. Search by chord name (for example - Am, G7)
2. Search by chord code (for example 133211 - is F). Visual chord input and search of similar chords.
3. Guitar tuner
4. Playing chords by dubble tap or long click on chord view.
5. Changer chord view style (orientation, colors)
You can also save Playlists of chosen scales to play through one by one or get the app to pick a scale at random.
- beats to count you in
- displays all the music notes on a stave
- different sounds (piano, strings, etc)
- change the starting octave and number of octaves
- customisable tempos
- major, melodic minor, harmonic minor and pentatonic scales
- save your scales into Playlists
Looking to practice your arpeggios? Check out the Pro version of Scales Practice for lots more scales and arpeggios.
Scales Practice is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
Use it for songwriting experiments, to create backing tracks for practicing solos, or just for fun. Easily create arrangements and mixes by selecting from hundreds of piano, guitar, synth, bass and drum tracks.
This is the full version of Chordbot with all features enabled. There is also a free evaluation version (Chordbot Lite) with disabled save/export features that you could/should try before buying the paid version.
* 60+ chord types
Including classics like AugAdd2 and Min7(#11), in all inversions.
* 70+ comping style presets
Simple but usable arrangements that won't get in your way.
* 400+ instrument tracks
Individually mixable dynamic instrument tracks that can be combined to form unique comping styles.
* Inversion control / slash chords
Manually select chord inversions, or let Chordbot select the smoothest inversion automatically.
* Song sections
Songs can be structured into repeatable sections (verse, chorus, etc). Each section can have its own comping style/arrangement.
* MIDI/WAV export and background playback
Refine your compositions in a DAW/MIDI sequencer or play along with a virtual instrument
Automatic song generator with pop, jazz and experimental profiles.
See chordbot.com for more information and audio demos.
Please report all bugs to:
Compose and arrange your music in real-time. Choose instruments individually for the 4 channels. Record live or set notes with the dedicated sequencer or piano roll of each instrument.
"This is no desktop app crammed onto a touchscreen. It seems the interface has been designed around your fingertips." Peter Kirn from CDM (createdigitalmusic.com)
This multi-touch enabled app makes it simple to invent unique loops and musical phrases. Manipulate the sound of the synthesizers by tweaking the oscillators, resonant filters and audio envelopes. Add audio effects like reverb, distortion, phaser, filter and delay to your sounds.
Appropriate both for experienced musicians and beginners.
Loops you've created and exported with RD4 can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic's audio mixer app SPC - Music Sketchpad.
- 4 channel rack mixer
- Instrument selection for each channel
- Volume control with level meter per channel
- Direct audio effect channel assignment
- Tempo control with tap tempo
- Channel mute and solo
- 2 banks with up two 8 bars per instrument
- Adjustable play modes from 1 to 8 bars and random modes
- Song Mode with a length of up to 99 bars
Choose between two virtual analog synthesizers and the drum machine for each channel:
- Modeled after legendary monophonic synths of the '70s
- For fat sounding bass and powerful lead sounds
- 3 oscillators with 6 different waveforms
- Each oscillator can be tuned precisely and has a warmth control for the typical analog sound
- Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release envelope generator
- Pitch wheel
- Low-pass filter (24dB/oct, 4-pole) with knobs for cutoff, resonance and an ADSR envelope generator
- Recording of played notes in real-time (depending on devices capabilities)
- Piano roll for editing recorded notes comfortably
- Or compose by drawing notes directly with the piano roll in 1/16 or 1/32 resolution
- Piano roll editing features: Transpose Pattern, Shift Sequence and Quantize Pattern
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
- Create bubbling basslines and screaming lead sounds
- Successor of the famous synthesizer Rubberduck from d-lusion
- High-quality low-pass filter with resonance, cut-off, and envelope controls
- Oscillator with 4 types of waveforms
- Real-time step sequencer with accent and slide
- Program beats with 10 classic drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48
- Booming kick drums, snappy snares and throbbing percussions
- 8 channels per drum kit
- Punch control for volume and envelope adjustments
- Accent programmable for each drum channel
- Free assignable effects for each drum sound
- Channel mute, Closed Hi Hat can mute the Open Hi Hat
- Real-time pattern based step sequencer
- 5 effects: Reverb, distortion, filter, phaser and delay
- Real-time controllable
- X/Y control field for each effect
- 4 effect sends
- Chaining of 2 effects
- Customized layouts for phones, 7 and 10-inch tablets
- Special additional rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- Support for the Novation Launchkey Mini keyboard/controller
- USB MIDI support, connects external MIDI keyboards and controllers
- External MIDI clock sync support
- Automatic MIDI input focus when switching Instruments
- Multi-touch control
- Live session recording
- Audio loop export feature
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
- OpenSL support for low latency*
* Please note that for recording in real-time with the Analog synthesizer you will need a low latency Android device with at least Android 4.2. Read more about audio latency on our FAQ: http://www.mikrosonic.com/faq
More details at: http://www.mikrosonic.com/rd4