ChordGen is a simple, easy to use application to generate chord progressions.
Beginner musicians can use ChordGen to generate chord progressions with the root note of their choice.
You can find some of the popular chord progression sequences here in all the modern scales and modes.
Use ChordGen to get chord progressions for Piano, Acoustic guitar and Power Chords.
Chordgen also teaches you how to play each of the listed chords in the selected sequence for the particular musical instrument.
With ChordGen upgrade, You can Build your own Chord Progressions in an all easy step by step process. You can save your work and load it at a time later whenever needed. Build your own chord progression with the majors, minors, diminished, dominant, major 7th and minor 7th chords. More chords will be added soon.
You can use Chordgen as a basic level Song writing application to get ideas for your next song!
ChordGen plays the progressions in a loop and hence, can be used as a Backing-Track tool as well. How cool is that !
All you need to do is to pick up a guitar or any other musical instrument, jam on the backing track of your choice!
Get creative with these chord progressions. Get ChordGen for FREE.
Just by touching your screen twice, you can play a variety of chords.
You can play music anywhere. For example, in your room, in your car, at a cafe, at your school and even at a toilet room in your office.
Select a key according to music that you want to play. Then, the layout of root note buttons is changed. If D is selected, the bottom-left is 'D (I)', and the top-right is 'C# (VII)'. If you are not specialist of music, you can start with the key C.
You can play a variety of chords by very very very easy way! For example, if you want to sound the 'Em7' in the key 'C', touch the root note button 'E' (third column of bottom), and touch the chord button 'm7'. Then, this app plays the chord of 'Em7' (p1, m3, p5, M7). Amazingly easy, isn't it?
Change the layout of chord buttons
If you want to play the chord '13' button, you may try to find it, but you can't find it. In this case, you can re-assign a chord to any chord button. By long-touching a chord button, a dialog interface with the list of chord pops up. You can select a chord that you want to assigned to the button.
After changing the layout, you will want to save the changes. You can save it from the "Save chord layout" button from the option menu. And you can also load it from the "Load chord layout" button anytime.
The default screen orientation setting is portrait mode. You can change the orientation to landscape mode from the option menu. It makes easier to use both left and right hands, and you can play more dramatic chord progression.
In the screen of this app, the Circle is made up of several concentric rings, which provides various information. By rotating the 2 rings, inner and outer, the needed information can be got easily.
The outer most ring shows information on the scale such as a tonic, a dominant, a sub-dominant, a relative minor, a relative major, and a progression of the degree. The next outer ring shows a series of note's name ordered by the progression of 5th, and the root note of a scale can be set by rotationg this ring. When rotating the outer ring, the inner ring rotates also. The next ring shows a degree of a note and a diatonic chord in that scale. By rotaing the next ring, a chord can be set. If a note name of the outer ring is touched, then a diatonic chord, of which the root note is the note, is set. Instead of the inner chord ring, a key progression ring can be displayed which is very useful when transposing a song to another key. At the center of the concentric rings, a signiture of the scale is displayed.
Both a handset or a tablet are supported. However, it is recommended you to use this app on a tablet larger than a 7-inch for a better usabilty.
The direction of the circle
The direction of the key progression on a circle can be set to a CW or a CCW direction by a user.
Switchable Inner Wheel
The inner wheel can be switched when it is needed. A chord wheel, a transpose wheel, and a interval wheel are avalable.
A major scale and 3 minor scale and church modes are available. The scale tones can be distinguished by its background color. A diatonic chord of the scale can be set by touching one of its scale tones.
Diatonic Scale Chord
Both triads and 7th chords are supported for each scale.
Chord wheel is uniquely designed to represent the relationship between a scale and a chord. Most diatonic chords are available. The chord tones can be distinguished by its background color or its mark.
For transposing, a ring of key progression can be displayed instead of a chord ring.
Intervals of notes can be found out easily and quickly. Just switch the inner wheel to an interval wheel.
Inversion of a Chord
The inversion of a chord can be played by clicking a button, and also can be seen through the piano view.
There are various ways of naming note names. In this app, CDEFGAB, CDEFGAH, and Fixed-Do systems are supported. Also, you can set a prefered accidental, a sharp(＃) or a flat(♭).
Information about a scale or a chord is shown on a 2-octave sized mini piano. It can be played by touching the keys.
Information about a scale or a chord also can be shown on a guitar fretboard. It's tunable.
Colors / Marks
The tones of a scale and a chord are associated with the 7 colors of the rainbow. For example, the 1st note is red, and the 7th note is violet.
Also, marks such as ●, △, ★, ◎ represent that it's 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th note.
Clef / Signature
A signature of the scale is showed at the center of rings. A clef can be set to a treble of a bass.
When the center is touched, user-defined action is performed.
The sound of a scale and a chord can be played. A chord sound can be played arpeggio pattern or not.
Piano, E.Piano, and Guitar sounds are included. The bundled sounds are recorded in high quality.
Natural / Harmonic / Melodic Minor
Major 7th aug 5th
Major aug 5th (Triad)
Suspended 2nd (Triad)
Suspended 4th (Triad)
Minor Major 7th
Dominant 7th aug 5th
Dominant 7th flat 5th
Dominant 7th sus 4th
Minor 7th flat 5th
** Limited to 3 custom chord progressions
** Cannot create custom chords
** Cannot save custom drum tracks
** No achievements
** Advertisements ('Chord Progression Studio Pro' ads only)
Purchase the PRO version of Chord Progression Studio for only 99 cents to unlock all features and support the development team. Get better access to the latest updates and developer content. Visit the app page here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carljohnfredProductions.ChordProgressionStudioPro
Chord Progression Studio allows you to create, save and play along with your own custom chord progressions!
Practice changing chords and staying in time while the chord progression plays. Discover interesting chord progressions by experimenting and listening. Practice improvising over your favorite chord progressions. Play your guitar more!
** Includes all common open chords, many major and minor barre chords and a few other miscellaneous chords (7th, sus, etc.). All with acoustic guitar audio and finger placement diagrams. *** Purchase the PRO version to create and save custom chords with audio recorded by you ***
** Place chords with quarter-beat precision (up to 4 chords per measure).
** The number of measures for the playback head to loop can be set from 1 to 8, making chord progressions from 1 to 32 chords possible.
** Save up to 3 custom chord progressions and quickly switch between different progressions. Comes loaded with numerous built-in chord progressions. *** Purchase the PRO version to save as many custom chord progressions as you want ***
** Playback head displays a visual timeline, measure and beat display, and scrolling chord display for visualizing chord changes.
** Beats per minute (BPM) can be set from 30-180.
** Optional metronome can be toggled on or off. Includes 2 sets of sounds.
** Optional drum track can be toggled on or off.
** Drum Sequence Editor allows you to edit the drum track. Load drum tracks quickly and easily. Comes with numerous built-in drum tracks. *** Purchase the PRO version to save custom drum tracks ***
** Separate volume controls for Guitar, Metronome, and Drums.
** All your settings are saved automatically, including the current chord progression and drum sequence.
** Quick start tips guide you through the interface and introduce you to the features of Chord Progression Studio.
This application is perfect for songwriters. Piano chords and scales "Create a Chord Progression" allows you to choose chords that fit a particular scale for your chord progression.
Please let me know what you want included in the app/how I can improve it. Ty.
Chords: Major, Minor, sus2, sus4, Maj7, m7, 7th, dim, m7b5, add9, dim7, aug, Maj9
Scales: Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Pentatonic Minor, Pentatonic Blues, Ionian, Aeolian, Dorian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, Lydian, Locrian
- Chord Inversions
- Play Full Chord
If you dig this app, then rate and comment. Let me know what I can add to it..
- Create great chords in 14 different keys
- Save and Load your creations
- Play chords with different tempos and looping
You will also discover chord progressions to many famous hit songs just by tapping about in Songo... who would have thought it could be this easy!
CONTROLS IN THE FULL VERSION
- View the notes that make up each chord
Mm - change the current chord from major to minor or vice versa
m7 - add a flattened 7th note to the current chord
M7 - add a 7th note to the current chord
AUTO CHORD - play generative automatic chord sequences based on the Songo algorithm
SCALES - see the current key\'s Major scale (Ionian) and access other modes (outside the current key)
AUTO-SCALE - play generative automatic note sequences based on the Songo algorithm
Whether you play guitar, keyboard, saxophone, trumpet, trombone or nothing at all Songo can be a valuable songwriting assistant.
Application is a collection of the most popular songs with chords for guitar. All songs you already have on your phone.
- More than 4,000 songs with the chords for guitar on your phone.
- No internet connection required.
- Search by artist, song title, a line from the song.
- Smooth, customizable songs auto-scrolling.
- Ability to add any song to your favorites.
- The App contains information about all the artists and bands.
- Search songs on You Tube.
Opportunities full version:
- Ability to change the pitch (transpose chords).
- No ads.
★ Audio Features ★
- 20 Musical Scales
- All 12 Musical Keys Signatures
- 7 Octave Range
- Background Keyboard/Piano
- Audio Waveform Adjustment (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square)
- Creative Sound Sculpting (Echo, Attack, Decay, Release)
★ Rhythm Features ★
- Adjustable Tempo
★ Sharing/Exporting Features ★
- Record and share audio file to Dropbox, email, SoundCloud and more
- Save/Load Creations
★ General Features ★
- Adjustable Node Physics (gravity, speed, proximity)
- Drum and Octave Generators
- Start/Stop Nodes by double tapping
- Sleep Timer for falling asleep to NodeBeat
Created by Seth Sandler and Justin Windle. Ported to Android by Laurence Muller.
NodeBeat is available on Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Playbook.
★ Notes ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Have a problem? Please contact us so we may help: feedback[at]nodebeat.com. We can only fix problems we know about. ★ ★ ★
- On some devices running Android 2.2 or lower, the internal memory usage will be significantly more due to a bug fixed in Android 2.3 and above. We recommend updating to Android 2.3+ if possible to fix this issue.
*** If you have a high-end phone or tablet please check out the RD4 version with more features ***
Use your Android phone or tablet as a musical instrument and make your own electronic music tracks!
Recreate the sound of early electronic dance music with the RD3 – Groovebox that recalls two 303-style analog synthesizers, a drum machine plus reverb, distortion, phaser, filter and delay audio effects!
Developed in Berlin, RD3 - Groovebox is a pioneering audio app that lets you program your own grooves. This multi-touch enabled app makes it simple to invent unique loops and manipulate them with resonant filters and effects on the go.
Appropriate both for experienced musicians and novices.
RD3 is optimized for Android phones and tablets. Use it for live performances in landscape mode on phones and 7-inch tablets or use the additional special rack view on 10-inch tablets in portrait mode.
Loops you've created and exported with the Groovebox can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic's audio mixer app SPC - Music Sketchpad.
- Volume control with level meter
- 4 bars with 16 steps per instrument
- 3 play modes: Solo, loop or random
- Channel mute
Two virtual analog synthesizers:
- 4 types of waveforms for each synth
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
- High-quality or regular filter modes
- Real-time step sequencer for each synth
- Free assignable audio effects
Drum machine with:
- 10 drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48
- Channel mute
- Punch control for volume and envelope adjustments
- Accent programmable for each drum channel
- Free assignable effects for each drum sound
- Real-time step sequencer
- Reverb, distortion, filter, phaser and delay
- Real-time controllable
- X/Y control field for each effect
- 4 effect sends
- Chaining of 2 effects
- Special rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- Multi-touch control
- Live session recording
- Audio loop export feature
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
- Session save capability
- Cut/copy/paste pattern
- OpenSL support
- Android 2.3 or higher
- Screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
- 800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7
More details at: www.mikrosonic.com/rd3
Imagine listening to a piece of music and immediately knowing what chords and harmonies are being performed. Then imagine being able to easily write down those chord progressions by simply listening, rather than "fishing around" on a keyboard or guitar. This course, designed by our music theory expert Gregg Fine, will get you on your way to hearing music vertically so you can identify, chord types, colors, added notes and progressions!
Greg takes you on a step-by-step ear training journey in this beautifully designed course. You start with 2 notes (dyads), move on to 3 notes (triads) and then slowly work your way up to multi note 7th chords and beyond!
Greg has meticulously created more than 30 deep listening exercise tutorials in this course for you to practice over and over again to assure that you master the art of hearing music vertically (chords and harmonies) as the lessons proceed.
By the time you complete this course, and the associated exercise files, you will be well on your way to hearing music like you've never heard it before.
Have fun as you educate your ears!
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction (01:32)
2. Finding the Root (05:51)
3. Exercise 1: Finding the Root (04:13)
4. Exercise 2: Finding the Root (04:11)
5. Identifying Dyads (05:14)
6. Exercise 1: Dyads (04:13)
7. Exercise 2: Dyads (04:12)
8. Exercise 3: Dyads (04:11)
9. Identifying Triads (04:46)
10. Exercise 1: Triads (03:53)
11. Exercise 2: Triads (03:54)
12. Exercise 3: Triads (03:54)
13. Identifying Seventh Chords (03:30)
14. Exercise 1: Seventh Chords (03:54)
15. Exercise 2: Seventh Chords (03:55)
16. Exercise 3: Seventh Chords (03:53)
17. Distinguishing 2-, 3-, & 4-Note Chords (02:20)
18. Exercise 1: Chord Density (03:53)
19. Identifying Chordal Inversions (03:46)
20. Exercise 1: Chordal Inversions (03:55)
21. Exercise 2: Chordal Inversions (03:55)
22. Exercise 3: Chordal Inversions (03:54)
23. Identifying Arpeggios (04:01)
24. Exercise 1: Arpeggios (03:32)
25. Exercise 2: Arpeggios (03:47)
26. Added Tone Chords vs. Sus Chords (06:23)
27. Exercise 1:Added Tone vs. Sus Chords (03:54)
28. Exercise 2: Added Tone vs. Sus Chords (03:54)
29. Exercise 3: Added Tone vs. Sus Chords (03:54)
30. Exercise 4: Added Tone vs. Sus Chords (03:53)
31. Exercise 5: Added Tone vs. Sus Chords (03:54)
32. Chordal Extensions (05:37)
33. Exercise 1: Chordal Extensions (03:55)
34. Exercise 2: Chordal Extensions (03:54)
35. Altered Notes (06:31)
36. Exercise 1: Altered Notes (03:50)
37. Exercise 2: Altered Notes (03:54)
38. Exercise 3: Altered Notes (03:51)
39. Pedal Tones (03:08)
40. Exercise 1: Pedal Tones (05:45)
41. Exercise 2: Pedal Tones (05:49)
42. Chordal Movement in a Progression (05:42)
43. Exercise 1: Finding the Root (04:31)
44. Exercise 2: Finding the Root (04:31)
45. Identifying Cadences (04:26)
46. Exercise 1: Cadences (04:44)
47. Modulations (04:20)
48. Exercise 1: Modulations (07:35)
49. Identifying Song Form (05:38)
- Over 75 types of chords
- A chord symbol index
1. A simple path that uses scales the chords have in common, thereby reducing the number of changes you have to make
2. A complex path that breaks longer-lasting chords into sections and supplies multiple scales per chord, reducing the monotony of playing over long-lasting chords, by increasing the number of changes while still maintaining compatibility with the chords.
- Save / Load your progressions
- Transpose the progressions
- Export your paths onto your SD card to print from a computer
Melody Generator uses a new theory of melody to automatically generate melodies, providing quick and easy assistance to composers and songwriters who need quick melody ideas, or to any music lover who just wants to play around. The current version of Melody Generator (Version 1) includes the following features:
- 8 bar melodies
- Time signatures: 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 6/8
- Random chord progressions
- Random or custom key signatures (A, Bb, B, C, Db, D)
- Random or custom tempos
- Use of whole notes, half note, quarter notes, 8th notes, and 16th notes
The Melody Generator saves melodies as short MIDI files to your SD card, and allows you to browse through and listen to them after they are generated. Check out our website for sample output. Of course, more features are in the works!
48 chords (major/minor/7th)
6 chord suggestions per key
15 common progressions
5 different soundsets
4 different beats
Show notes in chord (text and piano position)
Show notes in current key (piano position)
Suggested next possible keys
Store up to 5 custom chord progressions
including Circle of Fifths / fourths aka camalot wheel mode!
G Boyz Ent.