Divided into sections such as Varisai, Geetham, Swarajathi, Nottuswaram and Varnam, it has a comprehensive collection of basic carnatic music lessons suited for beginners which can be practiced in different speeds and scales.
+ Sarali, Jantai, Daatu, melstaayi, mandrastaayi varisai, alankaram and bruga saadaka varisai
+ 13 Geethams, 2 Swarajathis and 5 Nottuswarams with both swaram and sahityam
+ 24 Adi Tala Varnam with ability to play individual sections of varnam
+Collection of popular songs (Currently 2 songs)
+ Vary tempo over a range of speeds
+ Optional Metronome for basic lessons
+ Optional Tanpura / Sruti box for basic lessons
+ Wide range of pitch to select from
+ Choice of 4 musical instruments viz., Piano, Accordion, Violin and Flute
+ Option to practice varisaigal in different melakartha raagams
+ Optional Visual display of the taalam cycle
+ Optional Karaoke style scrolling of swaram while playing
+ Basic information on over 900 raagas
+ Search for raagas either from the notes and (or) names
+ Metronome based on Tala scheme with indication of aksharam
+ Tala Metronome with optional selection of nadai
+ Variable bpm of metronome from 30bpm to 200bpm
All future updates will be free. We look forward for your suggestions and feedback for increasing the usefulness of the app. Please contact us if you would like to see any features to be included in future updates. The app is for devices with Android version 2.1 or higher.
If you are interested in this app please also checkout SwaramQuest a quiz based game for ear training.
ShruthiLaya is a creation of SiddhiSadhana. For more details check out http://siddhisadhana.nawaztabla.com
With TaalMala sequencer, you can compose your own sequences of fixed or randomized Taal patterns and use them for accompaniment.
If you have the Windows desktop version of TaalMala, you can compose your custom Taals, export them to your Android device and play them on the Android device.
- High-quality studio-recorded Tabla, Pakhawaj* and Tanpura sounds
- Two sets of Tabla/Dagga sounds and ability to choose and mix-match between the two sound sets
- Automatic Manjeera/Zanj accompaniment synchronized with the Tabla/Pakhawaj Taals
- Powerful sequencer to compose fixed and automatically randomized sequences from the Taals library
- 245+ pre-composed Taals and Taal sequences, including most popular Taals and their variations. This Basic edition contains 54 basic Taals, with additional Taals available for purchase within the app
- New Taals and compositions added frequently as free updates
- Adjustable tempo from 10 bpm to 1000 bpm for Taal
- Independent volume/level balance for Tabla/Pitch, Dagga/Bass and Manjeera channels
- Ability to import and use your own Tanpura sounds and loops
- Pitch control (+/- 0.5 octave), with fine-tuning of Tabla and Pakhawaj for precise matching with any instrument
- Choose between chromatic or just/harmonic tuning for Tabla and Tanpura
- Independent master fine-tuning control for Tabla and Tanpura for precise matching with any instrument
- Up to 2 simultaneous Tanpura playback
- High-quality Tanpura sounds with all popular Tanpura patterns included
- Adjustable Tanpura tempo
- Adjust strumming speed of 4 Tanpura strings independently
- Option to slightly vary the Tanpura plucking delays randomly for better realism
- Tap on the screen twice to set exact Taal tempo, as required
- Set start beat (matra) of the Taal, particularly useful in live concert mode if your composition starts from midddle of a Taal cycle OR if composition is Vilambit (slow tempo)
- Compose your own Taals using our Windows desktop application and play them on your Android device
This is Basic Edition of the application with following limitations:
- Only the base Taals pack is included, which contains most popular Taals (no complex variations). Additional Taal packs are available for purchase within the application by clicking upgrade button.
- TaalMala Sequencer is also available as a separate upgrade inside the application. The sequencer allows user to save any newly created or modified sequence.
For more information, visit our web site http://www.taalmala.com.
To purchase Taal packs or other upgrades, use the "Upgrade" button in the application. We prefer paymenys via Google Play Store. However, if you are unable to purchase via Google Play Store for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
*Although Pakhawaj sounds are included in the Basic Edition of the application, pre-composed Taals for Pakhawaj are only included in Advanced Taals upgrade.
+ Change Beats per minute in steps of 10 between 30bpm to 300bpm
+ Riyaz (practice) mode with automatic change of BPM with time per speed limited to maximum of 3 minutes
+ Only 3 lehras limited to TeenTaal are available
+ Features like optional metronome, matra indicator, elapsed time, etc., are not available.
+ Ad-supported version
+ Updates will not be available for the lite version.
The app is for devices with Android version 2.1 or higher.
If you are interested in this app please also checkout our app LayaTarangLite an app to sharpen your layakari (polyrhythm) skills.
LehraBoxLite is a creation of SiddhiSadhana
Developers of LehraBox, LayaTarang and ShruthiLaya
I am a signal processing engineer by profession and Hindustani classical singer by passion. I have developed this app after rigorous analysis of the resonance of instrument. Connect your android device to good speakers and enjoy the sound in high fidelity. Ideally place the speakers at least 3 to 4 feet away for the best effect.
I have included several digitized tanpura profiles. Use them and adjust the tempo/pluck-style to get the best combination that suits your taste.
The fully functional version will run for few minutes before terminating.
FYI : My great grand father made wonderful tanpuras from wood, about 80 years ago and in this digital age I have taken to computing !!! I will update the app with the profile of the only available tanpura he made..
* About Bheema Tanpura *
"This application takes its name from one of the greatest hindustani classical singers of our times, Pt Bhimsen Joshi, the maestro of Kiraana School of North-Indian classical music. He has been an inspiration for me and I belong to his school of Music; this software is a tribute to that great personality"
Enjoy the Naada and your new pair of tanpuras
* Acknowledgements *
Calcutta tanpura : Courtesy, Omkarnath Havaldar of Bangalore
Audio & Video performances and demonstrations talented musicians
Easily reference 42 ragas & 13 talas
Over 3.8 hours of performance video footage
Over 3 hours of archived audio performances
Search Ragas by Time of Day: Morning, Afternoon, and Night Ragas
Search Ragas by Thaat
Includes many beautiful pictures, vital terms, and definitions
Tanpura is a long-necked plucked string based Indian classical musical instrument.
It is also known as Tampura, Tambura, Tanpuri, Tamburi,
It is popular for its soothing, calming rhythmic sounds.
SoShall Tanpura App sounds on Android can be played during mediation, yoga, performance, recital or practice session (riyaz).
Simply press "Start" to hear the sweet sound!
It provides drone sounds for a performance in frequencies
1. C# (Kali 1) for both Sa-Pa and Sa-Ma sounds => suitable for Male vocalists & singers.
2. G# (Kali 4) for both Sa-Pa and Sa-Ma sounds => suitable for Female vocalists & singers.
Sa- 1st tone, Ma is 4th tone and Pa is 5th tone.
Sa-Pa is more common more used for most ragas i.e which have Pa swar/frequency.
Sa-Ma Mode is used for ragas having no Pa swar/frequency.
Example: Raga Malkauns, Chandrakauns, Lalit
Apart for musicians and students, practitioners of mediation concepts like Art of Living, Vipassana,Yoga can also use this app as an accompaniment.