This is the simple first early release to get the product out there for demonstration purposes - future planned updates include more sounds, more fundamentals (a C drone is only included in this release), user-access to their own sounds, sampling / recording capability, and it being made so something happens when the user waves the device around.
This is app one of a planned series of apps experimenting with the changing relationships between composers, performers, and listeners.
If a drone is playing set to loop and you exit the app, returning to the app doesn't let you subsequently stop a looping sound, so the only way then to stop it is to kill the task. Sorry - the next release of the app will hopefully resolve this.
The recording quality is not brilliant - more investigation is needed to ascertain whether that's handset-related or a drawback in the MIT AppInventor framework.
If you try to load a non-audio file into a slot, there's no error-trapping to stop you.
About the permissions
The Droneatron is made using the MIT AppInventor framework; because of this, the app requires some permissions you might consider to be a bit odd:
Your location - not used in this version (beyond the sensor information at the bottom), but will be used by other apps in the series.
Storage - not used in this version, but future versions of this app will allow access to user sounds.
Network communication - not used in this version, and no plans to use for this app.
Phone calls - not used in this version, and no plans to use for this or any other app in the series.
Record audio - used to record incoming audio live for extra looping sounds
* Search for Sai Bhajans by name, deity or Raaga(standard Indian Melodic Modes).
* View English meaning and lyrics, raaga and deity. You can also play the Bhajan.
* Like your favorite Bhajans and access them at any time.
* Listen to RadioSai streams like Bhajan Stream, Discourse Stream, Telugu Stream, American Stream, African Stream and Asian Stream
* View the "Sai Inspires" quotes for the day from RadioSai's website at your convenience.
Aum Sai Ram
Audio & Video performances and demonstrations talented musicians
Easily reference 42 ragas & 13 talas
Over 3.8 hours of performance video footage
Over 3 hours of archived audio performances
Search Ragas by Time of Day: Morning, Afternoon, and Night Ragas
Search Ragas by Thaat
Includes many beautiful pictures, vital terms, and definitions
With TaalMala sequencer, you can compose your own sequences of fixed or randomized Taal patterns and use them for accompaniment.
If you have the Windows desktop version of TaalMala, you can compose your custom Taals, export them to your Android device and play them on the Android device.
- High-quality studio-recorded Tabla, Pakhawaj, Tanpura and Manjeera (Zanj) sounds
- Two sets of Tabla/Dagga sounds and ability to choose and mix-match between the two sound sets
- 245+ pre-composed Taals and Taal sequences, including most popular Taals and their variations
- New Taals and compositions added frequently as free updates
- Automatic Manjeera/Zanj accompaniment synchronized with the Tabla/Pakhawaj Taals
- Adjustable tempo from 10 bpm to 1000 bpm for Taal
- Pitch control (+/- 0.5 octave), with fine-tuning of Tabla and Pakhawaj for precise matching with any instrument
- Powerful sequencer to compose fixed and automatically randomized sequences from the Taals library
- Independent master fine-tuning for Tabla and Tanpura
- Independent volume/level balance for Tabla/Pitch, Dagga/Bass and Manjeera
- Ability to import and use your own Tanpura sounds and loops
- Choose between chromatic or just/harmonic tuning for Tabla and Tanpura
- Independent master fine-tuning control for Tabla and Tanpura for precise matching with any instrument
- Up to 2 simultaneous Tanpura playback
- High-quality Tanpura sounds with all popular Tanpura patterns included
- Adjustable Tanpura tempo
- Adjust strumming speed of 4 Tanpura strings independently
- Option to slightly vary the Tanpura plucking delays randomly for better realism
- Tap on the screen twice to set exact Taal tempo, as required
- Set start beat (matra) of the Taal, particularly useful in live concert mode if your composition starts from midddle of a Taal cycle OR if composition is Vilambit (slow tempo)
- Compose your own Taals using our Windows desktop application and play them on your Android device
This is a trial version of the application with following limitations:
- Playback restricted to 5 minutes every hour
- Trial expires after 14 days from first use. To continue use after 14 days, you must purchase the licensed edition of the application.
- Trial period resets 74 days after the date of first installation, in case you had tried and older version and want to install and try the upgraded version now.
For more information, visit our web site http://www.taalmala.com.
If you would like to purchase a licensed version, use the "Upgrade" button in the application. If you are unable to purchase via Google Play Store for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
I am a signal processing engineer by profession and Hindustani classical singer by passion. I have developed this app after rigorous analysis of the resonance of instrument. Connect your android device to good speakers and enjoy the sound in high fidelity. Ideally place the speakers at least 3 to 4 feet away for the best effect.
I have included several digitized tanpura profiles. Use them and adjust the tempo/pluck-style to get the best combination that suits your taste.
The fully functional version will run for few minutes before terminating.
FYI : My great grand father made wonderful tanpuras from wood, about 80 years ago and in this digital age I have taken to computing !!! I will update the app with the profile of the only available tanpura he made..
* About Bheema Tanpura *
"This application takes its name from one of the greatest hindustani classical singers of our times, Pt Bhimsen Joshi, the maestro of Kiraana School of North-Indian classical music. He has been an inspiration for me and I belong to his school of Music; this software is a tribute to that great personality"
Enjoy the Naada and your new pair of tanpuras
* Acknowledgements *
Calcutta tanpura : Courtesy, Omkarnath Havaldar of Bangalore
+ Only Tintal is available (of the 15 basic tabla taal in the full version)
+ limited choices of Beats per minute viz, 30, 60, 90 and 120bpm
+ Only 3 sidhi layakari viz., dugun, tigun and chaugun are available
+ Updates will not be available for the lite version.
The lite version is intended to be used for testing before purchasing the full version.
The app is for devices with Android version 2.3 or higher.
LayaTarangLite is a creation of
SiddhiSadhana, the developers of LehraBox ( a lehra machine on your android device)
Are you tired of carrying around multiple devices/ hiring a Musician? Worry no more, here is the totally free version of Your Tanpura app!
* The app supports 14 scales ranging from .G#,.A#,A, B, C, C# and so on up to A in Panchama (Shadjama and Madhyama coming soon)
* Seamless playback of the each scale will make you think that you have a real Tanpura at hand!
* App is smart enough to save the last played scale, so you don’t have to go and pick it every time
* Worried about interruptions from Incoming/Outgoing phone calls? Don’t be. We’ve made sure that App pauses during call and resumes at the end of it.
* App will continue to play in background, so you can safely put your phone in Locked mode and concentrate on your singing. Local notification will be shown when the sound file is playing.
* Found a bug? Use the Report a Bug to send us mail from within the App
* Spread the word, visit our Facebook page and drop in your valuable feedback!
G Boyz Ent.