It supports sending and receiving Open Sound Control and MIDI messages over Wi-Fi.
The application allows to remote control and receive feedback from software and hardware that implement the OSC or MIDI protocols such as Apple Logic Pro/Express, Ableton Live, Renoise, Pure Data, Max/MSP/Jitter, Max for Live, OSCulator, VDMX, Resolume Avenue/Arena, Modul8, Plogue Bidule, NI Traktor, NI Reaktor, Quartz Composer, Supercollider, vvvv, Derivative TouchDesigner, Isadora and many others.
The interface provides a number of customizable touch controls to send and receive messages:
Faders / Rotary controls / Encoder controls / Push buttons / Toggle buttons / XY pads / Multi-faders / Multi-push / Multi-toggles / Multi-xy pads / LEDs / Labels / Time & battery displays
Additionally the program can send Accelerometer data. The application comes with example layouts and completely custom layouts can be constructed using the free TouchOSC Editor application.
Please navigate to http://hexler.net/touchosc-android for more information, video demonstrations and download the free layout editor application for OS X, Windows and Linux and the free TouchOSC Bridge utility to easily connect to any MIDI-capable application on your computer.
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to enable the following features:
• USB audio interface support (you can also purchase USB Audio Recorder PRO). Please see our compatibility list here http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO and for more information here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=usbaudiosupport
• MIDI/virtual instrument support (enables MIDI sequencing, USB MIDI and virtual instruments)
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
• Multitrack audio recording/playback
• MIDI sequencing (in-app purchase required)
• Non-linear non-destructive editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade and range editing
• Virtual instruments based on SoundFonts (in-app purchase required)
• Loop playback
• Automation of all mixer and effect parameters
• Latency correction
• Import of WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis audio files (m4a and others when running Android 4.1 or higher)
• Mastering to stereo WAV, AIFF, FLAC or OGG file
• Software monitoring for USB audio devices and some Android devices that have low enough latency
• Sample rate conversion
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks (*)
• Unlimited number of groups (*)
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Unlimited undo/redo for editing facilities
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Repeat samples with several options to create loops
• Add markers and quickly jump to them
• Projects are interchangeable with our desktop DAW Audio Evolution 5
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• In short: a complete portable recording studio!
(*) Depending on your hardware's capabilities
• 800x480 screen size or higher
• Android 2.3.3 or higher
Note: this app can only run in landscape. Trying to run it with apps like Ultimate Rotation Control can result in crashes.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! Instead of a negative review, please have the decency to contact us so we can actually solve your problem!
Loop packs, see for example:
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
To prevent your device's mic from picking up what the speaker is playing back, we recommend using either:
* a USB audio interface or
* an iRig MIC Cast: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmiccast. The iRig is of better quality and playback is done through its headphone output. Note that hardware monitoring is not possible and you won't hear what you are recording through the headphone.
Preconfigured layouts are delivered for RME's TotalMixFX and Cockos' Reaper but you can create your own layouts using an easy to control but powerful editor.
For more information, visit: