You can change the entire user interface by applying skins, which you can find on the market by searching for "UberMusic Skin". The last three screenshots here show the "Metro" skin available for free in the Market.
Note: If you had previously installed the Beta version and you're getting a "Package not signed correctly" error, uninstall the Beta and install this again.
Some key features:
- Fully skinnable (search for "UberMusic Skin" on the Market).
- Automatically downloads artist pictures and sets them as the screen background for that artist.
- 6 different widget sizes. The widget is fully skinnable too.
- Free live wallpaper included that shows album art from your music collection.
- You can click on the "Play" button next to an artist, album, playlist, etc. to directly play all the corresponding tracks.
- True shuffling (as opposed to just choosing a track at random) that avoids playing the same song twice.
- Super smooth interface with custom overscrolling on lists.
- Scrobbling support through the official Last.fm app or through ScrobbleDroid/SLS.
- You can choose which tabs to show on the Library screen.
- Custom minimalistic status bar that you can still swipe down to see your notifications.
If your usual venue still doesn’t have it, ask them to visit http://www.jukenetbox.com and... PLAY IT LOUD!
I built this simplified music player for my 3 year old, who was having trouble understanding the many modes (album view, track view, playlist view) of the other media players. This simple media player has only one mode -- albums on the left, tracks on the right -- and plays albums through to the end like a conventional CD player.
In addition to being easy to use for my 3 year old and my mother alike, this app has helped encourage my 3 year old's pre-reading skills as he now looks at the letters of the track titles to find his favorite music.
I hope that it may benefit others as well.
This differs from the paid version in only one way: it has a note at the bottom suggesting that you buy the paid version. No missing features, no ads, and no links. I hope that you will try out this free version, and, if it works well and you or your child enjoy it, buy the paid version so that I can recoup the $25 I spent to place it on the Google Play store for your enjoyment.
This app does not feature a "child lock", meaning that the app can be exited by your child (or whomever is using it) if they know how to exit apps. I leave my device in "airplane mode" whenever my child is using it to avoid accidental e-mail sending, web browsing, video watching, etc., but you can also download a flexible child lock application, such as Kiddoware's Kid's Place.
A common problem with many media players on Android is that the album artwork does not appear. If your album artwork does not appear in the default music player, it won't in this one either. You can resolve this by searching the store for album art grabbers. After grabbing the artwork for your albums you may actually need to reboot your device.
This app is designed for landscape mode. It works best on a tablet, where you have plenty of space for track names. On a phone you may find that a lot of track names are truncated
Minimalist, text or image controls. Can use included icons, or load any image from SD card. Text controls are editable.
Includes play/pause, and next/previous track controls. Pressing next/previous while paused will open the stock music app.
Modified Android systems may not support this widget. This is based off the Android Open Source Project source code. If your device uses a modified AIDL control file for the music app, then this widget will likely not work.
NOTE: DashClock does not allow me to add buttons to the listing, so until support for that is added I will not be able to add play controls. Go to the settings to set what music player opens when you press the dashclock entry. Your player cannot be autodetected so it must be manually configured.
Works with most music players. If your player does not work, try the suggestions below. If it still doesnt work then your player is not compatible because it does not broadcast out what its playing.
Android 4.4+: Enable the Notification Listener setting to support any player that also supports the android lockscreen music controls.
Android 4.3 and earlier: If your player has last.fm scrobbling support, enable that. If not, look for a setting to broadcast metadata and enable that.
DashClock Music Extension requires DashClock Widget by Roman Nurik:
Email any suggestions/issues to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forums: http://gonemadmusicplayer.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=feedback
Translations for the settings can be added here: http://www.getlocalization.com/DashClockMusicExtension/
-com.android.vending.BILLING: Used for optional donations (in app purchase). This extension will always be 100% free but donations are welcome.
Look up the Korean, English or Romanization for the songs.
Please contact us if you experience any bugs, want to suggest features or request lyrics! Please contact us either on twitter or via email.
It is a fork of the original subsonic android client and adds some new enhancements.
Madsonic is a music streaming app (with no ads!). Use it to connect to your own Remote Streaming Server and listen to your music wherever you go! Songs are cached for playback to save your mobile bandwidth and to make them available when you have no Mobile Connection!
In order to use all Features in the Client you must use the Madsonic server. (http://madsonic.org)
The following features have been implemented:
Artist/Album/Songs Display Count Settings
new search suggestion provider,
Use Roboto Thin font (API 16+),
support serverside Lyric API 1.10.2,
support installation on Google TV,
deep App Linking/Redirector,
add Lockscreen Widget,
add Theme Flawless,
add Album Star Button,
add Album Share Button,
Lock screen controls
Better Playlist Support
Better Bluetooth Support
Add/Remove Songs to Playlist
Stuttering playback Fix
Support Gapless playback
Support Drag&Drop on Playlist
Rework Imageloader, better caching
some Theme tweaks
Support up to 10 Server Entries
import Server Settings from XML File
Default Option for Videoplayer intern/extern
small Bug Fixes/Changes from User Reports
new added Songs,
last played Songs,
All Artists View
Genre Artists View
Starred Artists View
Hot Rated List
Starred song support
Starred album support
Alphabetical by artist
Alphabetical by album
Flawless Fullscreen Theme
Light Fullscreen Theme
Pink Fullscreen Theme
Dark Fullscreen Theme
Holo Fullscreen Theme
Red Fullscreen Theme
More Feature will come ...
- playing personal cloud stored music from a node.js server
- playing personal cloud stored music from a synology nas
- lockscreen support
- stop playback on disconnecting the headphones
- stop playback while taking a call
- option to resume playback on startup
- option to resume playback on plugging in the headphones
- last.fm scrobbling via Simple Last.FM scrobbler
and much much more!
For setting up the server part of the app please refer to http://www.arielext.org for more information!
*** You can try FREE jetAudio Basic before you buy Plus version ***
-- Sound Effects plugins --
* AM3D Audio Enhancer (http://www.am3d.com)
* Bongiovi DPS (http://www.bongioviacoustics.com)
(Sound effect plugins will be sold separately through in-app purchase.)
(Some plugins can be purchased in Plus version only.)
jetAudio for Windows is the highest rated and most downloaded media player on CNET.COM and now you can listen to same high-quality sound on your Android phone using jetAudio.
It plays almost any type of digital music files you have (.wav, .mp3, .ogg, .flac, .m4a, .mpc, .tta, .wv, .ape, .mod, .spx, .wma* and more) and, it provides a very high quality sound with various effects and enhancements such as Wide, Reverb, X-Bass.
It comes with 32 equalizer presets that will provide a wide array of listening experience.
For those who would like to customize their own sound experience, it also allows 10/20 bands graphic equalizer and other advanced playback functions including playback speed control, crossfading, AGC and much more.
Free Basic version provides same features with Plus version except advertisements and some features.
To enjoy full features of jetAudio, please purchase Plus version.
-- Features for Plus version only --
* 20-bands graphic equalizer
* Tag Editor (MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A)
* Display lyrics in tag (Unsynchronized lyrics)
* 2 lock screens
* 14 app widgets : 4x1 (#2), 4x2 (#3), 4x3 (#3), 4x4 (#3), 3x3, 2x2, 2x3
* Pitch shifter
* Precise playback speed control (50% ~ 200%)
* Light Gray/White theme for browser (Plus only)
* Grid mode for Artist/Song/Folder/Genre browser
* Adjust FF/REW interval
* Expanded notification bar (for JB)
* MIDI playback (using jetAudio WaveTable MIDI synthesizer engine)
-- Features for Basic/Plus version --
* Can choose between 3 List modes or 10 Grid modes for layout style
(In Basic version, layout style can be chosen in Album browser only)
* Find on YouTube
* Last.fm (requires official Last.fm app)
* X-Wide, Reverb, X-Bass sound effects
* AGC (automatic gain control) to avoid volume fluctuations between tracks
* Speed control from 50% to 200% (pitch adjusted)
* Crossfading, Gap-less playback
* Repeat A<->B
* Browser and play music by artits, albums, songs, playlists, genres and folders
* Balance/Volume control
* Sleep timer up to 24 hours
* Flick up to post what you're listening to on Facebook/Twitter
* Flick down to show Now Playing
* Flick left/right to play next/previous
* Lock screens
* Headset button control (Bluetooth headset)
- press to pause/resume
- double/triple press to play next/prev
- long press to mute or TTS (time, title)
* Bluetooth headphone button control
* Send track information via Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3
* Multi-select function (Delete/Add to playlist)
* Keep screen on, Lock orientation options
* Shake to play next/previous track
* Supporting formats:
MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A, MPC, TTA, WV, APE, MOD (module formats S3M, IT), SPX, AIFF
(WMA may not be supported on some devices. Please check your device specification for WMA support)
(If you want to localize jetAudio for your language, please contact email@example.com for more information)
iTunes, Muve Music, Spoify, MySpace, eMusic,
Zune, Rhapsody, Deezer, iHeart, Last Fm and Rdio.