MORE FEATURES COMING
See the list of new features below. More features to come!
GOOGLE, FIX ANDROID WEBVIEW!
Please "star" this issue on Google's bug site to vote for it. Must be logged in to Google to vote.
PLEASE EMAIL ME
Please email me with any bug reports or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
This app does not and will never spy or monitor in any way. All permissions are used only for functionality that you want and NEVER for any other purpose. See below for more information about permissions.
WHAT'S NEW AND DIFFERENT IN PRO
See http://nakedbrowser.com/pro/ for help. Newer Android versions enable even more features, except for KitKat 4.4.x:
• optionally show images only over WIFI
• tab close method and more gesture options
• set link long press action to show context menu or open in new background/foreground tab. Open in background tab then swipe to switch to new tab. See browser options text for instructions.
• make screenshots of web pages
• bookmarks import from text file makes it easy to transition from the free version
• keep screen on
• NFC sending/receiving
• remembers open/closed bookmark folder states
• UI tweaks: expanded/scrollable bottom menu, bottom menu labels removed, new and higher resolution app icon, app icon label now "Browser NBPro"
• set web page layout algorithm (normal/wide/single column)
• Adobe Flash can be set to "always on", although not recommended
• new option: use higher priority for displaying web pages
• privileges added for future options/functions: system bookmarks, shortcuts
• Internet: ONLY for your web page requests & retrievals. Absolutely no monitoring or snooping, & ad-less too.
• File read/write: ONLY so you can save & upload files. Absolutely no other reason.
• View network & WIFI connections: ONLY to handle changes in network connectivity and allow optionally loading images only on WIFI.
• Keep device from sleeping: ONLY to prevent downloads from being cut off.
• Access download manager: ONLY to ensure access to your device's download manager for downloading files.
• GPS: ONLY to allow web sites to access your location. Option must be enabled, and even then each site interested in your location will ask your permission.
• Near field communication (NFC): ONLY to send and receive web addresses to and from nearby devices via NFC. Option must be enabled to send.
• All other permissions requested are not currently used as this app is a work in progress. Once implemented, these permissions will only be used if you enable the functionality in the browser. No permission will EVER be used by this software to spy or monitor in any way.
ABOUT THE USER INTERFACE
User interface graphics are a low priority at this time.
Thanks to XDA Developers for all of the help and support.
More from developer
Have fun - u and me and everyone***