Data for this application was taken by the following sites:
Google Images and
Science is made easy through engaging animations featuring the most famous scientists ever lived, including an entertaining biography section for each one.
Theories are explained looking at how scientific knowledge has evolved since ancient ages until the point that experiment transformed previous assumptions.
This free versions features two of the experiments already available:
· Newton’s Gravity: Cannonball
· Archimedes’ Principle: Floating bodies
· Maxwell’s Colours: Coloured discs
· Mendel’s Laws: Garden peas
· Franklin’s Electricity: Lightning bells
· The Doppler Effect: Trumpeters on a train
More experiments to be added in 2015!!!
Note: This app is only for tablets.
Welcome to Toca Lab! Explore the colorful and electrifying world of science and meet all 118 of the elements from the periodic table.
Discover elements by experimenting with the lab tools!
* Take your element for a spin in the centrifuge.
* Warm them up in the Bunsen burner.
* Put the element on ice with the cooling agent!
* Add a drop or two of mysterious liquids from the test tubes.
* Change their voltage and make them magnetic with the oscilloscope.
Each element has it's own personality. In Toca Lab, what does Neon sound like? Is Gold heavy or light? Is Nitrogen squishy or hard? Explore, inspect, and study each one and let us know! Can you find all 118?
The time has come, future scientists, to head into the lab to explore and discover. Put on your lab coat and protective eye gear because things are about to get experimental!
Toca Lab is a place for playing and having fun, and with it we hope to inspire kids to explore science. While the periodic table in Toca Lab is accurate, the way new elements are created is not. Instead, it’s a fun way to experiment, discover and create curiosity in the world of science. Toca Lab is just a starting point for further exploration!
About Toca Boca
Toca Boca is a game studio that makes digital toys for kids. We think playing and having fun is the best way to learn about the world. Therefore we make digital toys and games that help stimulate the imagination, and that you can play together with your kids. Best of all - we do it in a safe way without third-party advertising or in-app purchases.
Learn the Smart Way - playing on your tablet/ phone.
You can learn science the old way through books and boring lectures or learn SMART - in your own way, at your own pace, in your own time. Like a musical instrument, Science is best learnt by doing, trying and making mistakes.
For the price of a cup of Starbucks coffee and the time it takes to drink it, this app can make you an Electromagnetism GURU.
No more boring videos and books which TEACH.
This app encourages you to LEARN.
The Science Game heralds a revolution in learning. It is a fun app to learn school science through games on a touchscreen device. Over 200 concepts in Electromagnetism - magnets, magnetism, coils, dynamos and motors come alive as you play games and experiment to understand Faraday's laws and Fleming's rules. The white-box experiments go way beyond laboratory experiments. You can see the molecules, the electric current and the fields and form a clear picture in your head of how these things work.
You can challenge friends and groups of players and share the fun of genuine learning.
How does a microphone work? What is a Cathode Ray Tube? Do magnets have only 2 poles? Can electromagnets be used to make electric bells? Can we measure the force on a current carrying wire in a magnetic field? Through interactive games based on science, the Science Game makes it possible to learn all this by doing.
Never before has science been so much fun.
1) Select your sensor
2) Give your data a name or leave it with the time and date.
3) Set the timer.
4) Click start to collect data.
5) Upload your data to analyze later.
More details can be found at http://www.brokenairplane.com/2011/10/android-education-science-physicsgizmo.html
My goal is for this app to enable more students around the world to do science!
Experience ScienceSharp for the future science class and smart education now which is simpler than ScienceCube and much stronger.
Main functions of Science#
- You can analyze the real-time collected data from the sensor easily and exactly by an internal analysis function.
- It can be expressed the various kinds of form by collected data such as a graph, number or table.
Strong the new function of Science#
- Science# is an App analysis program which can be installed into all of Android-based devices. You can download the app from Google Market directly and apply it for Science Experiment.
- Science# is no longer required the use of cable. We remove the tangled cable between the interface and sensors so that students can do more exciting experimental activities through wireless connection environment. The students can increase their concentration for the experiment and easily experience the science experiment both indoor and outdoor.
- There are four contents and manuals of Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Earth Science. Through applied those, students can understand the concept and experimental analysis simultaneously.
- Based on a non-stop system environment, the users do experiment with the applied contents in Science#. The students can write the report based on what they get an experimental result directly. The students record the collected data through the experiment and they understand the concept through the report. There are intensive activities and questions for the conceptional extension. The Students transmit the report to a teacher so that the teacher can provide quick feedback evaluating the report immediately.
- By one-touch, you can set up the most appropriate experimental environment automatically for the data-collection.
- There is an additional function for the Physics that is an automatic calculation based on the various formulas. When you select the formula, it is automatically calculated and drawn the graph.
- Based on a non-stop system environment, the users do experiment with the applied contents in Science#. The students can write the report based on what they get an experimental result directly. The students record the collected data through the experiment and they understand the concept through the report. There are intensive activities and questions for the conceptional extension.
- The Students transmit the report to a teacher so that the teacher can provide quick feedback of the report immediately.
There are various sub-programs in Science#.
- We select the important content and experiment in a science educational curriculum. The Students can use sub-program easily and change the windows by automatic switching-type slide.
- We add up the calculation function as well for the easy computation.
- In Augmented Reality camera function, the students can get an experience to see the sensor’s name and measured value on the screen at the same time when they do experiment. Therefore, we can expect a high learning effect for students and they check the result based on the different kinds of experimental conditions.
- Science# provides a contents authorization tool. Using the Add-in function of MS-Word, you can create experimental contents and report based on automatic setting for the data collection. The contents and reports are produced in this way in Science# so that anyone can create their own contents exclusively for Science# and use it easily.
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
1. HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF MATERIALS
2. ENGINEERING REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIALS
3. Classification of engineering materials
4. Organic and inorganic materials
7. CURRENT TRENDS AND ADVANCES IN MATERIALS
8. Advanced materials
9. Smart materials (materials of the future)
10. Nanostructured materials and nanotechnology
11. Quantum dots
13. Level of material structure examination and observation
14. Material structure
15. Engineering metallurgy
16. Selection of the materials
17. Atomic concepts in physics and chemistry
18. Atomic Structure: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
19. Atomic Structure: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
20. ELECTRONS IN ATOMS
21. THE PERIODIC TABLE
22. BONDING FORCES AND ENERGIES
23. Ionic Bonding
24. Covalent Bonding
25. Metallic Bonding
26. SECONDARY BONDING OR VAN DER WAALS BONDING
27. Crystal Structures: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
28. The Face-Centered Cubic Crystal Structure
29. The Body-Centered Cubic Crystal Structure
30. The Hexagonal Close-Packed Crystal Structure
31. CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC PLANES
32. CRYSTAL SYSTEMS
33. POINT COORDINATES
34. CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC DIRECTIONS
35. Hexagonal Crystals
36. Atomic Arrangements
37. CLOSE-PACKED CRYSTAL STRUCTURES
38. VACANCIES AND SELF-INTERSTITIALS
39. IMPURITIES IN SOLIDS
40. DISLOCATIONS - LINEAR DEFECTS
41. INTERFACIAL DEFECTS
42. Microscopic Examination
43. Optical Microscopy
44. Electron Microscopy
45. GRAIN SIZE DETERMINATION
46. Introduction to mechanical properties
47. CONCEPTS OF STRESS AND STRAIN
48. Compression Tests
49. STRESS-STRAIN BEHAVIOR
51. ELASTIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS
52. Plastic Deformation
53. Yielding and Yield Strength
54. Tensile Strength
58. TRUE STRESS AND STRAIN
59. ELASTIC RECOVERY AFTER PLASTIC DEFORMATION
61. Rockwell Hardness Tests
62. Brinell Hardness Tests
63. Knoop and Vickers Microindentation Hardness Tests
64. Hardness Conversion
65. Correlation Between Hardness and Tensile Strength
66. VARIABILITY OF MATERIAL PROPERTIES
67. Computation of Average and Standard Deviation Values
68. DESIGN/SAFETY FACTORS
69. Phase diagrams-introduction
70. SOLUBILITY LIMIT
72. PHASE EQUILIBRIA
73. ONE-COMPONENT (OR UNARY) PHASE DIAGRAMS
74. Binary Phase Diagrams
75. BINARY ISOMORPHOUS SYSTEMS
76. Determination of Phase Compositions
77. Determination of Phase Amounts
78. Equilibrium Cooling
79. Nonequilibrium Cooling
80. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF ISOMORPHOUS ALLOYS
81. BINARY EUTECTIC SYSTEMS
82. DEVELOPMENT OF MICROSTRUCTURE IN EUTECTIC ALLOYS
83. EQUILIBRIUM DIAGRAMS HAVING INTERMEDIATE PHASES OR COMPOUNDS
84. EUTECTOID AND PERITECTIC REACTIONS
85. CONGRUENT PHASE TRANSFORMATIONS
86. THE GIBBS PHASE RULE
87. THE IRON-IRON CARBIDE (Fe-Fe3C) PHASE DIAGRAM
88. DEVELOPMENT OF MICROSTRUCTURE IN IRON-CARBON ALLOYS
89. Hypoeutectoid Alloys
90. Hypereutectoid Alloys
91. THE INFLUENCE OF OTHER ALLOYING ELEMENTS
92. FERROUS ALLOYS
93. Low-Carbon Steels
94. Medium-Carbon Steels
95. High-Carbon Steels
96. Stainless Steels
97. Cast Irons
98. Gray Iron
99. Ductile (or Nodular) Iron
All topics are not listed because of character limitations set by the Play Store.
When children truly understand concepts and principles, they don’t need to spend hours memorizing facts and formulas. This understanding of concepts also makes HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) questions easy to solve. And because they are learning on their own device, they can learn at a pace that suits them. As a result, not only is learning on MarkSharks fun and engaging, it is highly effective too, allowing our users to earn better marks through better learning.
Do you want to top your class 8 science exams? Are you bored of your NCERT 8 class science book? Then use our CBSE app and start learning in a 21st century way – when you learn for fun, you learn for life!
What MarkShark is NOT:
- This is NOT a collection of CBSE question papers/ CBSE sample papers/ solves sample papers: Merely taking tests is NOT enough. We believe that conceptual clarity is key!
- This is NOT just a pdf of eighth class science textbook/ NCERT 8 class science book/ CBSE 8th class science book: Books are boring and NOT effective for all types of learners. Learning should be fun, immersive, interactive and self-paced!
MarkSharks 8 class science app is currently mapped 100% to the CBSE class 8 syllabus – our app covers content from all the chapters currently found in class 8 science NCERT book, which are:
1. Crop production and management
2. Microorganisms: Friend and foe
3. Synthetic fibres and plastics
4. Metals and non-metals
5. Coal and petroleum
6. Combustion and flame
7. Conservation of plants and animals
8. Cell: Structure and functions
9. Reproduction in animals
10. Reaching the age of adolescence
11. Force and pressure
14. Chemical effects of electric current
15. Some natural phenomena
17. Stars and the solar system
18. Pollution of air and water
Over the next few months we will continue to add new features and subjects to MarkSharks so that students not only can learn on their own, at their own pace and in their own time, but can also share their learnings with friends via our “social learning” environment and access to tutors online to help clear problems. Parents will get online access to track their child’s performance on MarkSharks and compare it with other students who are studying on the system.
Modern science experiments written in a simple and lucid language for the children to understand easily.
In order for your science experiment to be safe and successful, be sure to:
- get your parent's or teacher's permission, and their help
- follow the directions as written
- 홈 버튼을 누른 후 다시 어플로 돌아올 때, 그래프가 나타나지 않는 오류를 수정함.
에서 아두이노를 활용한 간단한 과학 실험 안내 및 어플을 사용하기 위한 예시 코드를 볼 수 있습니다.
아두이노에서 센서를 통해 수집한 데이터를 USB시리얼이나 블루투스를 이용하여 안드로이드로 보내고,
이를 받아서 안드로이드에서 그래프로 나타내주는 어플입니다.
아두이노에서 데이터를 보내는 규격
1. 's'와 'e' 사이에 데이터를 집어넣는다.
2. 데이터는 측정 시간과 값으로 나누어져 있으며 '/'를 활용하여 구분한다.
데이터 예) s0.1/25.2e
Make kids science experiments stand out with stunning augmented reality. Demonstrate various science phenomena covering biology, physics, chemistry, geography in ways never seen before.
Create virtual environments that are right out of science fiction.
Create a prehistoric zoo with dinosaurs.
Create a modern zoo with elephants, tigers, bear etc.
Create a polar environment with penguins.
Fly through a human brain, sail in the heart or float in the lungs.
Enter a volcano.
Slide on magnetic field lines and buzz like an electron in an electric circuit.
Create a virtual walk through of famous US monuments like Statue of Liberty, Lincoln memorial.
And much more.
Augmented Reality will take your kids science experiments to the next level!
Lite version has 5 exercises of each game -
Measure length and width of pencils, ribbons, balls and bookmarks - whole, halves and quarters.
Show time on an analog and digital clock in hours, half-hours, quarter-hours and 5 minutes.
Measure weights of watermelons, bottles, balls, boxes and many more.
Pay for drinks, purses, fruits and many more using the coins.
These exercises help kids practice their scientific concepts in a practical way using made-up units of measurement. The mathematical concepts practiced include fractions, count-by-fives, addition by tens and hundreds, total using 25s, 10s, 5s and 1s. Some of the exercises can be solved in more than one way. Kids experiment with solutions as they play.
When we looked for apps to help teach our kids, we couldn't find any that were good. One was just information text for the kids to learn by rote. Another was multiple-choice tests - just press buttons. A third had 2 sound-tracks and 4 animations running all at the same time. How was a kid supposed to focus?
So, we designed and built them games - that teach in the way parents and teachers explain concepts, and engage in the way playing does.
Be part of a unique scientific experiment by playing games on your phone. Neuroscientists at University College London have 'gamified' their research, creating a quirky, fun app which turns neuroscience experiments into games. Each time you play you'll be contributing data to a huge scientific experiment, taking part in research that could previously only be conducted on small groups of volunteers in the lab. The Great Brain Experiment will look at memory, impulsivity, how we take risks, and how well the mind’s eye can see. It will allow the researchers to explore questions that are normally impossible to ask.
Dr Rick Adams, from the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, says: “We wanted something that shows people what neuroscience is really about. It’s not all brains in jars or men in white coats. It’s actually trying to answer questions all of us are interested in, like ‘What makes me happy?’. We hope that people enjoy our app, tell their friends and help us answer some important scientific questions along the way.”
The free app has been developed for Brain Awareness Week 2013 (11-17th March 2013) and is being supported by the Wellcome Trust.
And there’s more here than just brain teasers. Do you like doing experiments? Great! And if are you one of those who thinks science is boring–be prepared for a surprise! You can perform the tricks and fun experiments here–all with simple scientific explanations–to the amazement of your friends and turn yourself into a wizard, magician–and genius!
With this app you can easily learn to do what other people will say is impossible. But for you, anything is possible–and you’ll prove it! Perform wonders with your own hands. Believe us–it’s not only possible, but even laughably simple!
If you’re a parent, this app will be a great teaching resource for you. Not only will you delight and amaze your kids–you’ll instill in them an interest in science and teach them logical and creative thinking. Enjoy family time together that’s both fun and informative! Is that really possible? Of course! And surprisingly easy!
Our lessons with step-by-step instructions and photos will easily guide you through the world of science magic! Simply genius!
We've made it quick and easy to watch your favorite shows from the Revision3 lineup, so if you're into Rev3 Games, Film Riot or Tekzilla, it doesn't matter - they're all here for you to watch and enjoy!
Note: Location data is kept completely anonymous, and is only used to help us provide a better experience.
Android now supports Chromecast on phones and tablets.
Now you can watch great Revision3 content on the big screen with Chromecast. The Chromecast icon is displayed in the top right corner and by clicking on the button you can connect to Chromecast. Once connected you can control your television through your android device. Simply connect and select a video to be cast to the big screen. That's it!
Also available on iOS!
Born and raised on computers and tech, the Hak5 team have established themselves as experts in the world of network security, open source technologies, DIY moding and hacking.
Damn the warranties, it's time to Trust your Technolust!
This app provides you a completely native experience for all of the latest SourceFed and SourceFedNERD video content, including:
* The ability to search for your favorite topics
* Access to ForHumanPeoples - the official spot for your favorite SourceFed merchandise
* Access to Sourcefed.com so you can check more content on our mobile website
This application has been designed to work best on WiFi or LTE carriers. As with any video intensive application - 3G/Edge will work fine, but do not provide the most responsive viewing experience. For the best possible experience, please choose WiFi or LTE. Please Note - video playback uses large amounts of data, carrier charges may apply.
Join us every Thursday and learn how you can make your very own live-action, lighting, and green screen movie effects.
GeekBeat.TV offers the day's hottest stories, tips, trends, and news all in one place. It's the next can't-miss show for anyone looking to keep their finger on the pulse of the wired world.
Tune in every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for news and reviews of today’s must-have tech gadgets.
Discovery Digital Networks brings you the official Seeker Network app, where you can watch your favorite Seeker shows on the go via your Android device.
** Watch Your Favorite Shows **
With the official Seeker Network app we've made it quick and easy to watch your favorite shows from our programming lineup including Seeker Daily, Abandonment Issues, Trucker Josh and more.
** Access the Entire Seeker Network Catalog **
You can watch the most recent episode, or you can watch the very first episode of your favorite show. With the Seeker Network app, you can browse every show's entire history and back catalog
Hosted by a team of experts and enthusiasts, including CNBC contributor Jon Rettinger, TechnoBuffalo features unboxings, demos, and reviews of the latest gadgets. From computer peripherals to home entertainment systems, TechnoBuffalo helps you uncover the latest technology solutions that best suit your needs.
Tune in Mondays for mobile news on Ask the Buffalo, Wednesdays for Android and iOS reviews on What the Apps, and Fridays for your weekly tech Rumor Round-up. And don’t forget to check back daily for the lastest gadget news and reviews!
Host Ryan Connolly, filmmaker and Film Riot creator, gives you honest insight into what’s worth watching in theaters and on DVD. Check with Ryan every Tuesday for news and rumors and Fridays for newly released movie trailers.
Trust in Film State and you’ll never waste your hard earned money on a bad movie again!
Take a sneak peek at Discovery Digital Networks' upcoming 360° videos in Seeker VR.
Go on a virtual trip to Burning Man using your own head mounted case or using your device's accelerometer.
Welcome to Discovery VR!
We believe virtual reality will change the way audiences experience content – from being immersed in faraway places to providing access where there often is none. Join Discovery Digital Media as we explore and build upon this new and exciting medium for storytelling.
Below you will find instructions for accessing our Seeker VR App for both iOS and Android. Please note that this is a working prototype, and you are seeing it first! In the coming months, we will be adding new content and moving out of beta to a full-featured app.
To Begin Your VR Journey:
Download the Seeker VR app from mobile device
Open the Seeker VR app
Put on your headphones
Tap on the VR experience you want to enjoy
Tap "Yes" for Cardboard
Insert your phone into your Cardboard
Enjoy the experience!
Covering phones, tablets, computers, and gadgets, SoldierKnowsBest offers straight-forward reviews and hands-on demos that will keep you up to date on the latest tech products and trends.
Tune in every Tuesday and Saturday to see what Soldier has to say about tech!