Welcome to Toca Lab! Explore the colorful and electrifying world of science and meet all 118 of the elements from the periodic table.
Discover elements by experimenting with the lab tools!
* Take your element for a spin in the centrifuge.
* Warm them up in the Bunsen burner.
* Put the element on ice with the cooling agent!
* Add a drop or two of mysterious liquids from the test tubes.
* Change their voltage and make them magnetic with the oscilloscope.
Each element has it's own personality. In Toca Lab, what does Neon sound like? Is Gold heavy or light? Is Nitrogen squishy or hard? Explore, inspect, and study each one and let us know! Can you find all 118?
The time has come, future scientists, to head into the lab to explore and discover. Put on your lab coat and protective eye gear because things are about to get experimental!
Toca Lab is a place for playing and having fun, and with it we hope to inspire kids to explore science. While the periodic table in Toca Lab is accurate, the way new elements are created is not. Instead, it’s a fun way to experiment, discover and create curiosity in the world of science. Toca Lab is just a starting point for further exploration!
About Toca Boca
Toca Boca is a game studio that makes digital toys for kids. We think playing and having fun is the best way to learn about the world. Therefore we make digital toys and games that help stimulate the imagination, and that you can play together with your kids. Best of all - we do it in a safe way without third-party advertising or in-app purchases.
Science is made easy through engaging animations featuring the most famous scientists ever lived, including an entertaining biography section for each one.
Theories are explained looking at how scientific knowledge has evolved since ancient ages until the point that experiment transformed previous assumptions.
This free versions features two of the experiments already available:
· Newton’s Gravity: Cannonball
· Archimedes’ Principle: Floating bodies
· Maxwell’s Colours: Coloured discs
· Mendel’s Laws: Garden peas
· Franklin’s Electricity: Lightning bells
· The Doppler Effect: Trumpeters on a train
More experiments to be added in 2015!!!
Note: This app is only for tablets.
Be part of a unique scientific experiment by playing games on your phone. Neuroscientists at University College London have 'gamified' their research, creating a quirky, fun app which turns neuroscience experiments into games. Each time you play you'll be contributing data to a huge scientific experiment, taking part in research that could previously only be conducted on small groups of volunteers in the lab. The Great Brain Experiment will look at memory, impulsivity, how we take risks, and how well the mind’s eye can see. It will allow the researchers to explore questions that are normally impossible to ask.
Dr Rick Adams, from the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, says: “We wanted something that shows people what neuroscience is really about. It’s not all brains in jars or men in white coats. It’s actually trying to answer questions all of us are interested in, like ‘What makes me happy?’. We hope that people enjoy our app, tell their friends and help us answer some important scientific questions along the way.”
The free app has been developed for Brain Awareness Week 2013 (11-17th March 2013) and is being supported by the Wellcome Trust.
Data for this application was taken by the following sites:
Google Images and
In Chemist, you can pour chemicals into beakers, mix them and then use the burette with the suck-and-release action as you would in real life. The 3D stage enables the parallax effect from different angles, so you can do everything as if you are in a real lab.
Chemist has a built-in database with more than 200 chemical reagents. What’s more, additional chemical reagents will be added periodically through the online database CloudLab for more unprecedented chemical reactions.
Conduct dangerous experiments without worrying about breaking beakers or getting cut by broken glass. To avoid explosions and be able the see the reactions of the chemicals without breaking the containers, turn off the Explosive option to disable all explosions.
Use Label tool to trace the accurate mass, temperature, density and volume of every substance in containers as the reactions are happening. Or simply tap on a chemical reagent to read the basic information about it.
SHARE AND GROUP WORKS
Use different tools to measure more than one beaker at the same time. Or invite a friend to hold a thermometer for you while you are mixing the chemicals. Share your discoveries with others through the web browser so they can see them anytime, anywhere.
Official site: http://www.thixlab.com
Discover a series of fun and easy science experiments for kids to do at home in your living room or kitchen.
••• Experiments for kids explained step by step in VIDEO •••
Experiments are illustrated and explained step by step. Your iPad will be turned into a real little scientific laboratory. The application makes science fun and easy!
••• Experiments you will be able to do: •••
•An egg that floats and sinks
•Create multicoloured plants
•Bend water with static electricity
•Make an engine with a candle
•Turn a tea bag into a rocket
•Extract DNA from a pear
•Make a mini jet boat from a chemical reaction
•Float a piece of metal
•Make a telephone with tin cans
•Make a paper helicopter
•Play music with 8 glasses
•Make an extra powerful magnet
•Observe the weight of air
•Make a rainbow and more...
••• Quiz •••
Test your knowledge with the quiz. After you complete the experiments, you will be able to answer the quiz questions! What is your score?
Twitter : @remyleglise
You can challenge friends and groups of players and win points towards upgrades.
Requirements: 256MB memory, at least 600x480 screen
In contrast to Books and videos which try to TEACH, this app is a game which encourages you to LEARN. Learning Science is like learning to play a musical instrument - it can be learnt only by doing, trying and making mistakes.
As Confucius said -
I hear, I forget;
I see, I remember;
I DO, I Understand
The Science Game is built on top of a powerful science engine. How does a microphone work? What is a Cathode Ray Tube? Can electromagnets be used to make electric bells? Can we measure the force on a current carrying wire in a magnetic field? What does a multi-tap transformer do? The Science Game lets you explore and learn all this and more through interactive games based on science. The Science Game makes it possible to learn by doing.
Kids find this way of education through games much better than the conventional school systems. This app gives you the opportunity to explore science concepts by doing various experiments as part of games. This way the basic concepts are understood better. As you play the games, helpful hints and guides explain the phenomena. The revision mode provide in-depth exploration of concepts. The quiz questions at the end act as a tutorial. Challenges, which are like mini-games, review the science and keep you on your toes. A comprehensive review at the end of the module drills in the concepts. Applications show how these concepts are used to build real-world gadgets and equipment. Time spent and concept coverage reports show progress.
The Science Game provides support for CBSE, IGCSE and NGSS syllabi for 9th and 10th grade students.
Never before has science been so accessible and so much fun.
New science experiments written in a simple and lucid language for the children to understand easily
You can find new science experiments that is helpful for all the children
The kind of science experiments are easy and can be done at home
These science experiments will keep your children engaged in a fruitful way
The science experiments are presented in such a way to imbibe certain important values in children, while enough care has been taken keeping the children in mind
Experience ScienceSharp for the future science class and smart education now which is simpler than ScienceCube and much stronger.
Main functions of Science#
- You can analyze the real-time collected data from the sensor easily and exactly by an internal analysis function.
- It can be expressed the various kinds of form by collected data such as a graph, number or table.
Strong the new function of Science#
- Science# is an App analysis program which can be installed into all of Android-based devices. You can download the app from Google Market directly and apply it for Science Experiment.
- Science# is no longer required the use of cable. We remove the tangled cable between the interface and sensors so that students can do more exciting experimental activities through wireless connection environment. The students can increase their concentration for the experiment and easily experience the science experiment both indoor and outdoor.
- There are four contents and manuals of Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Earth Science. Through applied those, students can understand the concept and experimental analysis simultaneously.
- Based on a non-stop system environment, the users do experiment with the applied contents in Science#. The students can write the report based on what they get an experimental result directly. The students record the collected data through the experiment and they understand the concept through the report. There are intensive activities and questions for the conceptional extension. The Students transmit the report to a teacher so that the teacher can provide quick feedback evaluating the report immediately.
- By one-touch, you can set up the most appropriate experimental environment automatically for the data-collection.
- There is an additional function for the Physics that is an automatic calculation based on the various formulas. When you select the formula, it is automatically calculated and drawn the graph.
- Based on a non-stop system environment, the users do experiment with the applied contents in Science#. The students can write the report based on what they get an experimental result directly. The students record the collected data through the experiment and they understand the concept through the report. There are intensive activities and questions for the conceptional extension.
- The Students transmit the report to a teacher so that the teacher can provide quick feedback of the report immediately.
There are various sub-programs in Science#.
- We select the important content and experiment in a science educational curriculum. The Students can use sub-program easily and change the windows by automatic switching-type slide.
- We add up the calculation function as well for the easy computation.
- In Augmented Reality camera function, the students can get an experience to see the sensor’s name and measured value on the screen at the same time when they do experiment. Therefore, we can expect a high learning effect for students and they check the result based on the different kinds of experimental conditions.
- Science# provides a contents authorization tool. Using the Add-in function of MS-Word, you can create experimental contents and report based on automatic setting for the data collection. The contents and reports are produced in this way in Science# so that anyone can create their own contents exclusively for Science# and use it easily.
Some of the many prominent features include:
* full fledged scientific calculator
* saving and restoring computations/calculations
* complete algebra system using SymPy library (integration, differentiation, polynomials, algebra etc.)
* graphical rendering of equations
* function plotting
* python programming (complete suite)
If you like the app, please give us a good rating. If you are not happy with the app, please mail us. We are working hard to improve the interface and a better rating will motivate us to do the same.
Note:: We have very high regard for customer satisfaction. If you have any difficulty, please let us know. If we are not able to rectify in a short time, we will promptly refund your amount.
You can use MathScript as a calculator, function plotter, polynomial manipulation tool, equation solver (algebraic, differential, linear etc.), calculus tool (integration, differentiation, of arbitrary functions), matrix solver (linear algebra), units converter, finance tool (PMT,PV,FV. etc.), programming shell (complete python package), etc... It also contains interesting math puzzles that make you learn math in fun way. Train your brain to use mathematics whenever possible,
Many of the features are available only in the advanced computing tools like Matlab*# and Mathematica*#.
Add even half of the above features and the cost of other similar products in the market would easily cross $20. Our aim is to make the Math tools affordable by all. The pricing is maintained to be low, and will be maintained that way in near future. Give a try and let us know how you feel (feedback button available in Help).
NOTE1:: Please use the in-built tutorials (Menu->"Learn n solve") to learn how to use the software. More than 10 tutorials are designed to cover all basic topics. More will be added.
NOTE2:: First time installation involves downloading three open source libraries (Python, SymPy and JsMath). Please be patient till the software completes the installation.**
WEBSITE:: Please visit us at
KIND REQUEST:: We implement the user suggestions and reviews as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the Android market platform does not provide a mechanism to reply to the market reviews. Please check out the latest version software and enable auto-update to obtain latest copy. In case you have any suggestions/complaints, please provide a feedback using the application (Menu->Help->Feedback). We will try to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
***MathScript collects anonymous usage statistics using google analytics. The statistics will be used to customize the keyboard layout and provide advanced features in future versions. Once we have adequate data, the usage statistics will be displayed in our website***
* Categorized help system
* Accessible code-snippets for quick computation
* Enhanced editor interaction
* 3D plotting
* Kids mode (would be impossible to make mistakes)
* Lessons for school kids with solvable questions
* Math Puzzles ( for learning math the fun way )
** Just too many of them. Keep your auto-update on!!
*# Matlab and Mathematica are registered trademarks of MathWorks and Wolfram
We are glad to inform you all that this is our official app.
1) Select your sensor
2) Give your data a name or leave it with the time and date.
3) Set the timer.
4) Click start to collect data.
5) Upload your data to analyze later.
More details can be found at http://www.brokenairplane.com/2011/10/android-education-science-physicsgizmo.html
My goal is for this app to enable more students around the world to do science!
This app is a supplement to my book: Math Journey. Available on lulu: http://www.lulu.com/shop/joseph-mak/math-journey/paperback/product-3184664.html
Let Super Science Girl lead you through some exciting experiments, teach you about famous females, and play games that reinforce STEM concepts. Have fun and learn along the way!
We've made it quick and easy to watch your favorite shows from the Revision3 lineup, so if you're into Rev3 Games, Film Riot or Tekzilla, it doesn't matter - they're all here for you to watch and enjoy!
Note: Location data is kept completely anonymous, and is only used to help us provide a better experience.
Android now supports Chromecast on phones and tablets.
Now you can watch great Revision3 content on the big screen with Chromecast. The Chromecast icon is displayed in the top right corner and by clicking on the button you can connect to Chromecast. Once connected you can control your television through your android device. Simply connect and select a video to be cast to the big screen. That's it!
Also available on iOS!
This app provides you a completely native experience for all of the latest SourceFed and SourceFedNERD video content, including:
* The ability to search for your favorite topics
* Access to ForHumanPeoples - the official spot for your favorite SourceFed merchandise
* Access to Sourcefed.com so you can check more content on our mobile website
This application has been designed to work best on WiFi or LTE carriers. As with any video intensive application - 3G/Edge will work fine, but do not provide the most responsive viewing experience. For the best possible experience, please choose WiFi or LTE. Please Note - video playback uses large amounts of data, carrier charges may apply.
Born and raised on computers and tech, the Hak5 team have established themselves as experts in the world of network security, open source technologies, DIY moding and hacking.
Damn the warranties, it's time to Trust your Technolust!
Join us every Thursday and learn how you can make your very own live-action, lighting, and green screen movie effects.
Hosted by a team of experts and enthusiasts, including CNBC contributor Jon Rettinger, TechnoBuffalo features unboxings, demos, and reviews of the latest gadgets. From computer peripherals to home entertainment systems, TechnoBuffalo helps you uncover the latest technology solutions that best suit your needs.
Tune in Mondays for mobile news on Ask the Buffalo, Wednesdays for Android and iOS reviews on What the Apps, and Fridays for your weekly tech Rumor Round-up. And don’t forget to check back daily for the lastest gadget news and reviews!
Discovery Digital Networks brings you the official Seeker Network app, where you can watch your favorite Seeker shows on the go via your Android device.
** Watch Your Favorite Shows **
With the official Seeker Network app we've made it quick and easy to watch your favorite shows from our programming lineup including Seeker Daily, Abandonment Issues, Trucker Josh and more.
** Access the Entire Seeker Network Catalog **
You can watch the most recent episode, or you can watch the very first episode of your favorite show. With the Seeker Network app, you can browse every show's entire history and back catalog
GeekBeat.TV offers the day's hottest stories, tips, trends, and news all in one place. It's the next can't-miss show for anyone looking to keep their finger on the pulse of the wired world.
Tune in every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for news and reviews of today’s must-have tech gadgets.
Host Ryan Connolly, filmmaker and Film Riot creator, gives you honest insight into what’s worth watching in theaters and on DVD. Check with Ryan every Tuesday for news and rumors and Fridays for newly released movie trailers.
Trust in Film State and you’ll never waste your hard earned money on a bad movie again!
Covering phones, tablets, computers, and gadgets, SoldierKnowsBest offers straight-forward reviews and hands-on demos that will keep you up to date on the latest tech products and trends.
Tune in every Tuesday and Saturday to see what Soldier has to say about tech!