If you're having issues please upgrade!
B-Rhymes is a rhyming dictionary that's not stuck up about what does and doesn't rhyme. It gives you words that sound good together even though they don't technically rhyme as well as regular rhymes.
Writing poems, raps and rhymes and can't think of the right word? Rhyme Finder will find you a perfect one.
Tap any word from the list of rhymes to see its meaning.
Long press to copy the word to clipboard.
How is it different from other similar apps?
- Also lists slant rhymes(near rhymes) in the order of their 'rhyming-ness'
- Can find rhymes of names and other non-dictionary words.
- Meanings of all rhyming words, right in the app; no need to open browser anymore(unlike other apps)
- All possible alternative meanings of a word
- Finds dictionary words as well as words commonly used in poems/raps for rhyming(artistic/poets license)
- Blazingly fast
- Simple no-nonsense UI
- It's free.
We're open to suggestions.
Rate it if you like it :)
PS: Only English words/rhymes for now. Please do not give a negative rating/review if you were expecting rhyming words from different languages.
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Keywords: rhyming dictionary; rhyming words; rhyme lookup; rhymes;
Pocket Rhyme also provides a Favourites list, allowing you to save your unique word pairings for later viewing!
The including rhyming techniques are:
- Traditional Rhymes
- Loose Rhymes
- Half Rhymes
- Assonance (all vowels match)
- Consonance (all consonants match)
- Bracketed Consonance (great for spoken rhymes!)
- Strict Alliteration
* Please note that an internet connection is required to use this application.
• Perform unlimited searches for free, forever
• Define any word, whether it's slang or not
• Vote on definitions you like
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, txt and email
• See the full text of any definition
• See today's Urban Word of the Day
• Shake for a random word (on most phones)
• See autocomplete suggestions when you search
• Click on links within definitions
The only Rhyming Dictionary with word definitions in the Market!
Get the Pro version without ads and also text to speech function!
Ever get stuck on trying to find words that rhyme for your sentences? or maybe your are writing a poem or rap song and have difficulties finding that one word that will make everything come together? Well the Reversed Dictionary will be able to solve your problem. The Reversed Dictionary app allows the user to look up words arranged in the reversed order. Searching for "nation" will return words ending in "nation" such as "Alternation", "Cognation", "Vaccination" etc. The Revered Dictionary app can be used as a regular dictionary too! The dictionary contains over 110,000 words in the English language with parts of speech and definition . So are you a poet, a writer or a rap star? Lets find out!
Designed to easily deliver all the rhymes for the word typed in the search term.
How to use:
- Enter the word and press the 'Rhyme' button to get a list of results
- Show / Hide verbs results
- Include / Omit words with similar sounds
- Include only primitive words
Useful tool for all lovers of Portuguese language! Writers, poets, musicians, teachers, students and the curious are all invited to make use of it.
With RhymeNow you can:
* Quickly find rhymes from a database of 55,000 English words
* Look up words that begin with, end with, or contain a group of letters
* Find words that sound alike
No internet connection required.
Say you know a word and want the meaning, you go to a dictionary. If you have a word and want words that mean that word then you use a thesaurus. However if you have a meaning and want to find a word, that's where Revictionary comes into the picture.
- brand new material design
- smaller apk
- cleaner user interface
- share your favorite words
- app requires internet access
Features - reverse dictionary, anagram solver, crossword solver, hear word pronunciations
- new CROSSWORD solver. type in a crossword puzzle and get possible solutions
- type in phrases, words, feelings, meanings or just about anything that comes into your mind and find a word to express it.
- maintain a list of favorite words and access them at any time.
- simple DICTIONARY feature. Simply type a word and get its meaning.
- new RHYME feature included, simply type in a word and get a list of words that rhyme that word along with their meanings.
- new ANAGRAM solver. Simply enter a word and get a list of anagrams of the word along with their meanings.
featuring a larger database of words, now using the WordNet database, cited below as
Princeton University "About WordNet." WordNet. Princeton University. 2010. <http://wordnet.princeton.edu>.
now consisting of more than 100000 English words and all offline so internet access is not required.
latest - v1.20
Need three syllables for your haiku? This app will give you thousands--you can narrow searches down by rhyme and prefix.
Need words with a certain stress pattern for a line of poetry? Indicate the pattern to find matching words. In addition, you can enter a word that contains the pattern you'd like.
Featuring over 44,000 words, Syllable Dictionary Free can help you find the word you need.
Two separate searches are available for both dictionaries:
1. Search for a rhyme
First you need enter a word (minimum two characters) and select the number of syllables (from 1 to 6 and more). As an example, if you are looking for words rhyming with “cheese” in 2 syllables, an alphabetically sorted list of 1259 words will appear.
Then, you can reduce the number of words found with additional options like "start with", "contain" or "end with". These options are not necessary for the initial search but will be helpful to reduce the number of results.
Based on the previous example, you can search for words rhyming with "cheese" in 2 syllables starting with "br". As a result, a list of 23 words will be displayed. The “end with” parameter can be used to list perfect rhymes (you can search for words rhyming with “passion” and that end with “ion”).
2. Search for a word
This search gives you the opportunity to list all the words that match one or several criteria which are: "start with", "contain", "end with" and "have x letters".
For example, you can look for words that end with "ion" in the English dictionary. A list of 1704 words will be displayed. Then, you can add another option like start with an “a”. The list with be reduced to 134 words. Finally, you can specify “8 letters” in your search parameters and you will finally get a list of 14 words.
Also, you can save the words you want to remember later in your personal dictionary.
This application does not require an internet connection and works offline.
You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with neurons and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by reading and playing games!
Features only available in TheFreeDictionary PRO:
* No advertisements.
* Extensive offline content, including a more comprehensive offline English dictionary.
* Ability to download extensive offline dictionaries for 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Ability to download offline translations of English into more than 40 languages.
* Dozens of other offline translation options.
NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
Plus TheFreeDictionary's classic app content:
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Advanced Search options: "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesaurus sources, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: TheFreeDictionary.com app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
• Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
• Audio pronunciation – hear every word
• Voice search – speak to search
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
• Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
• Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
• Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
• Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
• Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Now included in our Premium App:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.
• Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
• Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
• Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
• About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
*The app requires network permission to access the online dictionaries*
* Exact rhymes and near rhymes are displayed side by side in tabs
* Rhyming words are grouped by number of syllables
* Tap a word in the list for a pop-up menu: copy to clipboard; speak word out loud; or open the phone's browser to look up the word at freedictionary.com
* Press the menu key on your device for an option to clear the rhymes and start over