If you're having issues please upgrade!
B-Rhymes is a rhyming dictionary that's not stuck up about what does and doesn't rhyme. It gives you words that sound good together even though they don't technically rhyme as well as regular rhymes.
Writing poems, raps and rhymes and can't think of the right word? Rhyme Finder will find you a perfect one.
Tap any word from the list of rhymes to see its meaning.
Long press to copy the word to clipboard.
How is it different from other similar apps?
- Also lists slant rhymes(near rhymes) in the order of their 'rhyming-ness'
- Can find rhymes of names and other non-dictionary words.
- Meanings of all rhyming words, right in the app; no need to open browser anymore(unlike other apps)
- All possible alternative meanings of a word
- Finds dictionary words as well as words commonly used in poems/raps for rhyming(artistic/poets license)
- Blazingly fast
- Simple no-nonsense UI
- It's free.
We're open to suggestions.
Rate it if you like it :)
PS: Only English words/rhymes for now. Please do not give a negative rating/review if you were expecting rhyming words from different languages.
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Keywords: rhyming dictionary; rhyming words; rhyme lookup; rhymes;
Pocket Rhyme also provides a Favourites list, allowing you to save your unique word pairings for later viewing!
The including rhyming techniques are:
- Traditional Rhymes
- Loose Rhymes
- Half Rhymes
- Assonance (all vowels match)
- Consonance (all consonants match)
- Bracketed Consonance (great for spoken rhymes!)
- Strict Alliteration
* Please note that an internet connection is required to use this application.
• Perform unlimited searches for free, forever
• Define any word, whether it's slang or not
• Vote on definitions you like
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, txt and email
• See the full text of any definition
• See today's Urban Word of the Day
• Shake for a random word (on most phones)
• See autocomplete suggestions when you search
• Click on links within definitions
The only Rhyming Dictionary with word definitions in the Market!
Get the Pro version without ads and also text to speech function!
Ever get stuck on trying to find words that rhyme for your sentences? or maybe your are writing a poem or rap song and have difficulties finding that one word that will make everything come together? Well the Reversed Dictionary will be able to solve your problem. The Reversed Dictionary app allows the user to look up words arranged in the reversed order. Searching for "nation" will return words ending in "nation" such as "Alternation", "Cognation", "Vaccination" etc. The Revered Dictionary app can be used as a regular dictionary too! The dictionary contains over 110,000 words in the English language with parts of speech and definition . So are you a poet, a writer or a rap star? Lets find out!
Two separate searches are available for both dictionaries:
1. Search for a rhyme
First you need enter a word (minimum two characters) and select the number of syllables (from 1 to 6 and more). As an example, if you are looking for words rhyming with “cheese” in 2 syllables, an alphabetically sorted list of 1259 words will appear.
Then, you can reduce the number of words found with additional options like "start with", "contain" or "end with". These options are not necessary for the initial search but will be helpful to reduce the number of results.
Based on the previous example, you can search for words rhyming with "cheese" in 2 syllables starting with "br". As a result, a list of 23 words will be displayed. The “end with” parameter can be used to list perfect rhymes (you can search for words rhyming with “passion” and that end with “ion”).
2. Search for a word
This search gives you the opportunity to list all the words that match one or several criteria which are: "start with", "contain", "end with" and "have x letters".
For example, you can look for words that end with "ion" in the English dictionary. A list of 1704 words will be displayed. Then, you can add another option like start with an “a”. The list with be reduced to 134 words. Finally, you can specify “8 letters” in your search parameters and you will finally get a list of 14 words.
Also, you can save the words you want to remember later in your personal dictionary.
This application does not require an internet connection and works offline.
With RhymeNow you can:
* Quickly find rhymes from a database of 55,000 English words
* Look up words that begin with, end with, or contain a group of letters
* Find words that sound alike
No internet connection required.
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
• Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
• Audio pronunciation – hear every word
• Voice search – speak to search
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
• Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
• Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
• Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
• Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
• Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Now included in our Premium App:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* Favorite and Recent searches
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
The app doesn't require you to be online and you have the entire Law Dictionary on your Android phone, tablet or Kindle Fire.
This app has all the features you could want in a legal dictionary including:
* search and browse by keyword
* save your recent searches
* bookmark favorites or common words
Now you can speak out and it will lookup the word in the dictionary for you. It is hands-free dictionary! It can also pronounce the word for you. It includes English,Spanish,French,Italian,German Dictionary.
Turn on Setting->Speech synthesis before use. Network required for the Dictionary
The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.
• Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
• Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
• Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
• About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
DIFFERENCES WITH THE FREE VERSION:
* no ad
* dictionaries added/updated in priority
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean as well as synonym and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
The application can be used through ebook readers.
The single-volume international English dictionary with the widest coverage of all the riches of the English language. Clear, accurate and occasionally witty definitions, with the latest new words from science, technology and contemporary culture.
The 13th Edition includes over 300,000 distinct words, compounds, phrases and derived forms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Anagram solver
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. Works offline - no Internet connection is required.
The Chambers Dictionary is treasured by word-lovers and crossword enthusiasts for its majestic coverage of English and its tradition of sneaking in a sprinkling of light-hearted definitions. Alone among the single-volume dictionaries, it preserves a rich stock of words from our literary heritage as well as covering all the latest developments in contemporary English.
The integrated search features make Chambers dictionary the ideal crossword puzzle solver, as well as an extensive reference for the full range of English usage from historical novels to modern-day internet jargon.
The Chambers Thesaurus is also available as a separate app, and can easily be cross-referenced along with WordWeb.