Writing poems, raps and rhymes and can't think of the right word? Rhyme Finder will find you a perfect one.
Tap any word from the list of rhymes to see its meaning.
Long press to copy the word to clipboard.
How is it different from other similar apps?
- Also lists slant rhymes(near rhymes) in the order of their 'rhyming-ness'
- Can find rhymes of names and other non-dictionary words.
- Meanings of all rhyming words, right in the app; no need to open browser anymore(unlike other apps)
- All possible alternative meanings of a word
- Finds dictionary words as well as words commonly used in poems/raps for rhyming(artistic/poets license)
- Blazingly fast
- Simple no-nonsense UI
- It's free.
We're open to suggestions.
Rate it if you like it :)
PS: Only English words/rhymes for now. Please do not give a negative rating/review if you were expecting rhyming words from different languages.
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Keywords: rhyming dictionary; rhyming words; rhyme lookup; rhymes;
If you're having issues please upgrade!
B-Rhymes is a rhyming dictionary that's not stuck up about what does and doesn't rhyme. It gives you words that sound good together even though they don't technically rhyme as well as regular rhymes.
Pocket Rhyme also provides a Favourites list, allowing you to save your unique word pairings for later viewing!
The including rhyming techniques are:
- Traditional Rhymes
- Loose Rhymes
- Half Rhymes
- Assonance (all vowels match)
- Consonance (all consonants match)
- Bracketed Consonance (great for spoken rhymes!)
- Strict Alliteration
* Please note that an internet connection is required to use this application.
Pocket Poet is the ideal poetry writing dictionary that helps you search for the perfect words for your poem. Combine search filters for rhyme, synonyms, syllables and stress patterns.
A few taps of the super-simple interface, and you'll be able to search for the best fitting word. Writing a Shakespearean Sonnet with iambic pentameter has never been this easy. Meld your creativity with this comprehensive poetry dictionary and let your poetry take flight!
Pocket Poet can also be used as a standalone rhyming dictionary or thesaurus. English vocabulary is now easy to navigate, even for those who are not experts at the language.
The only Rhyming Dictionary with word definitions in the Market!
Get the Pro version without ads and also text to speech function!
Ever get stuck on trying to find words that rhyme for your sentences? or maybe your are writing a poem or rap song and have difficulties finding that one word that will make everything come together? Well the Reversed Dictionary will be able to solve your problem. The Reversed Dictionary app allows the user to look up words arranged in the reversed order. Searching for "nation" will return words ending in "nation" such as "Alternation", "Cognation", "Vaccination" etc. The Revered Dictionary app can be used as a regular dictionary too! The dictionary contains over 110,000 words in the English language with parts of speech and definition . So are you a poet, a writer or a rap star? Lets find out!
• Perform unlimited searches for free, forever
• Define any word, whether it's slang or not
• Vote on definitions you like
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, txt and email
• See the full text of any definition
• See today's Urban Word of the Day
• Shake for a random word (on most phones)
• See autocomplete suggestions when you search
• Click on links within definitions
Our Premium app now includes ALL of our upgrades, doubling the content in your app for just one low price. Additional content includes Example Sentences, Encyclopedia, 4 additional dictionaries and more.
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
* FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
* Browse without distracting advertisements
* Example sentences
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases as an in-app purchase
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content as an in-app purchase
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content as an in-app purchase
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices
Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications and toggle On or Off
Using our RhymeRankTM system, we display the best rhyming and most commonly used words first, but please excuse us if there are some spellling mistakes. RhymeBrain contains 2.6 million words, and it's not possible to check all of them for errors.
Try it out if you want to rhyme any word!
Two separate searches are available for both dictionaries:
1. Search for a rhyme
First you need enter a word (minimum two characters) and select the number of syllables (from 1 to 6 and more). As an example, if you are looking for words rhyming with “cheese” in 2 syllables, an alphabetically sorted list of 1259 words will appear.
Then, you can reduce the number of words found with additional options like "start with", "contain" or "end with". These options are not necessary for the initial search but will be helpful to reduce the number of results.
Based on the previous example, you can search for words rhyming with "cheese" in 2 syllables starting with "br". As a result, a list of 23 words will be displayed. The “end with” parameter can be used to list perfect rhymes (you can search for words rhyming with “passion” and that end with “ion”).
2. Search for a word
This search gives you the opportunity to list all the words that match one or several criteria which are: "start with", "contain", "end with" and "have x letters".
For example, you can look for words that end with "ion" in the English dictionary. A list of 1704 words will be displayed. Then, you can add another option like start with an “a”. The list with be reduced to 134 words. Finally, you can specify “8 letters” in your search parameters and you will finally get a list of 14 words.
Also, you can save the words you want to remember later in your personal dictionary.
This application does not require an internet connection and works offline.
It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* Favorite and Recent searches
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with neurons and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by reading and playing games!
Features only available in TheFreeDictionary PRO:
* No advertisements.
* Extensive offline content, including a more comprehensive offline English dictionary.
* Ability to download extensive offline dictionaries for 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Ability to download offline translations of English into more than 40 languages.
* Dozens of other offline translation options.
NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
Plus TheFreeDictionary's classic app content:
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Advanced Search options: "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: TheFreeDictionary.com app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
With RhymeNow you can:
* Quickly find rhymes from a database of 55,000 English words
* Look up words that begin with, end with, or contain a group of letters
* Find words that sound alike
No internet connection required.
Now you can speak out and it will lookup the word in the dictionary for you. It is hands-free dictionary! It can also pronounce the word for you. It includes English,Spanish,French,Italian,German Dictionary.
Turn on Setting->Speech synthesis before use. Network required for the Dictionary
Need three syllables for your haiku? This app will give you thousands--you can narrow searches down by rhyme and prefix.
Need words with a certain stress pattern for a line of poetry? Indicate the pattern to find matching words. In addition, you can enter a word that contains the pattern you'd like.
Featuring over 44,000 words, Syllable Dictionary Free can help you find the word you need.
The words are taken from the CMU Pronouncing Dictionary (http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cmudict), filtered using Alan Beale's 2of12inf dictionary (http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/12dicts-readme.html).