Writing poems, raps and rhymes and can't think of the right word? Rhyme Finder will find you a perfect one.
Tap any word from the list of rhymes to see its meaning.
Long press to copy the word to clipboard.
How is it different from other similar apps?
- Also lists slant rhymes(near rhymes) in the order of their 'rhyming-ness'
- Can find rhymes of names and other non-dictionary words.
- Meanings of all rhyming words, right in the app; no need to open browser anymore(unlike other apps)
- All possible alternative meanings of a word
- Finds dictionary words as well as words commonly used in poems/raps for rhyming(artistic/poets license)
- Blazingly fast
- Simple no-nonsense UI
- It's free.
We're open to suggestions.
Rate it if you like it :)
PS: Only English words/rhymes for now. Please do not give a negative rating/review if you were expecting rhyming words from different languages.
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Keywords: rhyming dictionary; rhyming words; rhyme lookup; rhymes;
If you're having issues please upgrade!
B-Rhymes is a rhyming dictionary that's not stuck up about what does and doesn't rhyme. It gives you words that sound good together even though they don't technically rhyme as well as regular rhymes.
Pocket Rhyme also provides a Favourites list, allowing you to save your unique word pairings for later viewing!
The including rhyming techniques are:
- Traditional Rhymes
- Loose Rhymes
- Half Rhymes
- Assonance (all vowels match)
- Consonance (all consonants match)
- Bracketed Consonance (great for spoken rhymes!)
- Strict Alliteration
* Please note that an internet connection is required to use this application.
• Perform unlimited searches for free, forever
• Define any word, whether it's slang or not
• Vote on definitions you like
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, txt and email
• See the full text of any definition
• See today's Urban Word of the Day
• Shake for a random word (on most phones)
• See autocomplete suggestions when you search
• Click on links within definitions
Pocket Poet is the ideal poetry writing dictionary that helps you search for the perfect words for your poem. Combine search filters for rhyme, synonyms, syllables and stress patterns.
A few taps of the super-simple interface, and you'll be able to search for the best fitting word. Writing a Shakespearean Sonnet with iambic pentameter has never been this easy. Meld your creativity with this comprehensive poetry dictionary and let your poetry take flight!
Pocket Poet can also be used as a standalone rhyming dictionary or thesaurus. English vocabulary is now easy to navigate, even for those who are not experts at the language.
The only Rhyming Dictionary with word definitions in the Market!
Get the Pro version without ads and also text to speech function!
Ever get stuck on trying to find words that rhyme for your sentences? or maybe your are writing a poem or rap song and have difficulties finding that one word that will make everything come together? Well the Reversed Dictionary will be able to solve your problem. The Reversed Dictionary app allows the user to look up words arranged in the reversed order. Searching for "nation" will return words ending in "nation" such as "Alternation", "Cognation", "Vaccination" etc. The Revered Dictionary app can be used as a regular dictionary too! The dictionary contains over 110,000 words in the English language with parts of speech and definition . So are you a poet, a writer or a rap star? Lets find out!
With RhymeNow you can:
* Quickly find rhymes from a database of 55,000 English words
* Look up words that begin with, end with, or contain a group of letters
* Find words that sound alike
No internet connection required.
Using our RhymeRankTM system, we display the best rhyming and most commonly used words first, but please excuse us if there are some spellling mistakes. RhymeBrain contains 2.6 million words, and it's not possible to check all of them for errors.
Try it out if you want to rhyme any word!
Our Premium app now includes ALL of our upgrades, doubling the content in your app for just one low price. Additional content includes Example Sentences, Encyclopedia, 4 additional dictionaries and more.
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
* Word of the Day on your Android Wear device
* FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
* Browse without distracting advertisements
* Example sentences
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases as an in-app purchase
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content as an in-app purchase
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content as an in-app purchase
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices
Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications and toggle On or Off
Two separate searches are available for both dictionaries:
1. Search for a rhyme
First you need enter a word (minimum two characters) and select the number of syllables (from 1 to 6 and more). As an example, if you are looking for words rhyming with “cheese” in 2 syllables, an alphabetically sorted list of 1259 words will appear.
Then, you can reduce the number of words found with additional options like "start with", "contain" or "end with". These options are not necessary for the initial search but will be helpful to reduce the number of results.
Based on the previous example, you can search for words rhyming with "cheese" in 2 syllables starting with "br". As a result, a list of 23 words will be displayed. The “end with” parameter can be used to list perfect rhymes (you can search for words rhyming with “passion” and that end with “ion”).
2. Search for a word
This search gives you the opportunity to list all the words that match one or several criteria which are: "start with", "contain", "end with" and "have x letters".
For example, you can look for words that end with "ion" in the English dictionary. A list of 1704 words will be displayed. Then, you can add another option like start with an “a”. The list with be reduced to 134 words. Finally, you can specify “8 letters” in your search parameters and you will finally get a list of 14 words.
Also, you can save the words you want to remember later in your personal dictionary.
This application does not require an internet connection and works offline.
It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* Favorite and Recent searches
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
Say you know a word and want the meaning, you go to a dictionary. If you have a word and want words that mean that word then you use a thesaurus. However if you have a meaning and want to find a word, that's where Revictionary comes into the picture.
- brand new material design
- smaller apk
- cleaner user interface
- share your favorite words
- app requires internet access
Features - reverse dictionary, anagram solver, crossword solver, hear word pronunciations
- new CROSSWORD solver. type in a crossword puzzle and get possible solutions
- type in phrases, words, feelings, meanings or just about anything that comes into your mind and find a word to express it.
- maintain a list of favorite words and access them at any time.
- simple DICTIONARY feature. Simply type a word and get its meaning.
- new RHYME feature included, simply type in a word and get a list of words that rhyme that word along with their meanings.
- new ANAGRAM solver. Simply enter a word and get a list of anagrams of the word along with their meanings.
featuring a larger database of words, now using the WordNet database, cited below as
Princeton University "About WordNet." WordNet. Princeton University. 2010. <http://wordnet.princeton.edu>.
now consisting of more than 100000 English words and all offline so internet access is not required.
latest - v1.20
Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
DIFFERENCES WITH THE FREE VERSION:
* no ad
* dictionaries added/updated in priority
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean as well as synonym and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
The application can be used through ebook readers.
Now you can speak out and it will lookup the word in the dictionary for you. It is hands-free dictionary! It can also pronounce the word for you. It includes English,Spanish,French,Italian,German Dictionary.
Turn on Setting->Speech synthesis before use. Network required for the Dictionary