If you're having issues please upgrade!
B-Rhymes is a rhyming dictionary that's not stuck up about what does and doesn't rhyme. It gives you words that sound good together even though they don't technically rhyme as well as regular rhymes.
Writing poems, raps and rhymes and can't think of the right word? Rhyme Finder will find you a perfect one.
Tap any word from the list of rhymes to see its meaning.
Long press to copy the word to clipboard.
How is it different from other similar apps?
- Also lists slant rhymes(near rhymes) in the order of their 'rhyming-ness'
- Can find rhymes of names and other non-dictionary words.
- Meanings of all rhyming words, right in the app; no need to open browser anymore(unlike other apps)
- All possible alternative meanings of a word
- Finds dictionary words as well as words commonly used in poems/raps for rhyming(artistic/poets license)
- Blazingly fast
- Simple no-nonsense UI
- It's free.
We're open to suggestions.
Rate it if you like it :)
PS: Only English words/rhymes for now. Please do not give a negative rating/review if you were expecting rhyming words from different languages.
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Keywords: rhyming dictionary; rhyming words; rhyme lookup; rhymes;
Pocket Rhyme also provides a Favourites list, allowing you to save your unique word pairings for later viewing!
The including rhyming techniques are:
- Traditional Rhymes
- Loose Rhymes
- Half Rhymes
- Assonance (all vowels match)
- Consonance (all consonants match)
- Bracketed Consonance (great for spoken rhymes!)
- Strict Alliteration
* Please note that an internet connection is required to use this application.
• Perform unlimited searches for free, forever
• Define any word, whether it's slang or not
• Vote on definitions you like
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, txt and email
• See the full text of any definition
• See today's Urban Word of the Day
• Shake for a random word (on most phones)
• See autocomplete suggestions when you search
• Click on links within definitions
With RhymeNow you can:
* Quickly find rhymes from a database of 55,000 English words
* Look up words that begin with, end with, or contain a group of letters
* Find words that sound alike
No internet connection required.
The only Rhyming Dictionary with word definitions in the Market!
Get the Pro version without ads and also text to speech function!
Ever get stuck on trying to find words that rhyme for your sentences? or maybe your are writing a poem or rap song and have difficulties finding that one word that will make everything come together? Well the Reversed Dictionary will be able to solve your problem. The Reversed Dictionary app allows the user to look up words arranged in the reversed order. Searching for "nation" will return words ending in "nation" such as "Alternation", "Cognation", "Vaccination" etc. The Revered Dictionary app can be used as a regular dictionary too! The dictionary contains over 110,000 words in the English language with parts of speech and definition . So are you a poet, a writer or a rap star? Lets find out!
Designed to easily deliver all the rhymes for the word typed in the search term.
How to use:
- Enter the word and press the 'Rhyme' button to get a list of results
- Show / Hide verbs results
- Include / Omit words with similar sounds
- Include only primitive words
Useful tool for all lovers of Portuguese language! Writers, poets, musicians, teachers, students and the curious are all invited to make use of it.
• Arabic-English dictionary database contains over 13,000 entries
• English-Arabic dictionary database contains about 20,000 entries
• English sound module contains 20,000 entries by native speakers
Convenient and advanced search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways:
• Headword search
• Full text search
• Search for anagrams (bat-tab)
• Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
• Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
• Similar words search in case of misspelling
• Morphology module helps to search English words in any grammatical form.
Search and translation features:
• Comfortable in-app translations from any book or document without switching between applications or accessing the Internet. Dictionary support FbReader, AlReader, eBookReader and Book Reader Free.
• Full text search feature allows looking up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords, idioms and usage examples.
• Search the words by voice with Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• Translate unknown words or phrases from any application (web browser or email) using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Full linguistic information for English words – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making dictionary a must-have for any language scholar.
• Favorite articles to quickly access and revise frequently searched words.
• Word of the day widget
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Search History to quickly access the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Flexible font size settings for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
About Dar El Ilm Group
Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin is the oldest and largest leading privately owned publishing and distribution house of Arabic books and educational materials in the Arab world. It is also the first and major Arabic electronic multimedia producer company in the Arab world. Several of Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin's books have become record-breaking best sellers. These include: "Al Mawrid English-Arabic dictionary", and "Al Mawrid Arabic-English dictionary", both universally acknowledged and considered as the most popular and authoritative Arabic bilingual dictionaries; and "Alif Baa El Tabkh", and "Halwayat El Alam Fi Baytik", the most popular Arabic cookery books in the world.
الملاحق المتعلقة بهذه المصطلحات.
قاعدة بيانات القاموس تتضمن 33000 مصطلح.
وحدة صوت باللغة الإنكليزية تتضمن أكثر من 20000 تسجيل لناطقين باللغة الأم.
تسجيل شفهي لناطقين باللغة الأصلية.
إستخدام هذا القاموس لا يتطلب الإتصال بشبكة الإنترنت سوى مرة واحدة من أجل تنزيله ويمكن بعدها إسترجاع المعلومات في أي وقت ومكان من دون اية تكاليف إضافية.
وصلات بين المحتويات والإرشادات.
بحث مطوّل حول أخر أحدث 20 مصطلح
لائحة بالمصطلحات المتشابهة لتفادي حالات التهجئة الخاطئة
وحدة مورفولوجية المصطلحات للترجمة بأي شكل نحوي.
بدائل حول البحث في حال لم يكن المستخدم متأكداً من تهجئة المصطلح. يمكنك إستخدام علامة الإستفهام "؟" أو مفتاح النجمة "*" كبديل للأحرف الناقصة.
بطاقات كلمات للإختبار تساعدك على إختبار معلوماتك عدة مرّات.
Need three syllables for your haiku? This app will give you thousands--you can narrow searches down by rhyme and prefix.
Need words with a certain stress pattern for a line of poetry? Indicate the pattern to find matching words. In addition, you can enter a word that contains the pattern you'd like.
Featuring over 44,000 words, Syllable Dictionary Free can help you find the word you need.
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
• Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
• Audio pronunciation – hear every word
• Voice search – speak to search
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
• Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
• Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
• Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
• Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
• Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Now included in our Premium App:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.
• Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
• Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
• Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
• About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
Now you can speak out and it will lookup the word in the dictionary for you. It is hands-free dictionary! It can also pronounce the word for you. It includes English,Spanish,French,Italian,German Dictionary.
Turn on Setting->Speech synthesis before use. Network required for the Dictionary
Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
DIFFERENCES WITH THE FREE VERSION:
* no ad
* dictionaries added/updated in priority
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean as well as synonym and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
The application can be used through ebook readers.
It is possible to contribute to dictionaries and to add personal notes.
Synchronize your notes with all your devices by connecting your Google account!
It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* Favorite and Recent searches
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary