Works Great Over 2k messages (mixed sms and mms) backed up and restored on a new phone almost flawlessly. Almost given that it missed some pictures yet got others. Easy enough to transfer them other ways so no big deal. If you need to transfer your messages, or just back them up, you've found the right app.
Perfect At first I didn't know how to work with it but then when I figured it out, I did it. Transferred about 5,148 messages & threads I wanted from my old galaxy to my new Galaxy, in only about 4 minutes. Fast & worked perfectly.👌
Worked well for SMS I used this app to backup from my old phone to Google Drive and then restore to my new phone. Worked well for SMS. MMS messages failed, and any conversation that had MMS would crash Messages after restore, until I disabled backing up MMS and just restored SMS messages. Not sure how to determine what the issue was, but I'd be willing to provide info if it would help the dev make MMS backup and restore more reliable.
Very good This app guided me through back up and restore of my old to new phone. Now I will make a donation.
**EDIT** Thanks for the quick reply and it worked like a charm. 5 Stars!! **END EDIT**On first backup I was able to chose what conversations I wanted to back up. Now every time I go to backup I cannot select what conversations I want it just backs up what I selected the 1st time.
Saves me With all the rooting, new phones, resets and more over the last couple of years, this app has kept my messages with me. Essential for anyone that likes to keep those records.
- Fix for some app crash problems.
- Bug fix for app crash on Lollipop devices if the backup folder was removed.
- More options in Scheduled backups
- Moved the Donate button to the Menu
- Added warning about large backups in Emails.
- Added note about Textra not showing all messages.
- External SD Card support for Lollipop (Android 5.0+) devices
- Added Ukrainian translations thanks to Євген Гіль